Sign in to follow this  
mabainca

Error installing simulator module

Hi guys

I try Connect the new AS next in my network. Simconnect work fine (i have checked it with IA Traffic) I have followed the user manual but when i execute AS in my client, the program show my "error installing the simulator module". Of course App And FSX folder have full share setup. (I have checked it Also waiting And reading through my net). Any idea?

Thank for advance

Mabainca

Hi,

I've got the same problem now after reinstalling...

Have you got a solution yet? If so please share your knowledge with me :)

Moritz

Are you launching ASN before FSX? I find that doing so facilitates installation of the ASN .dll and thus avoids the error messages.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Thx, for me, that really is the key issue, I do not have FSX running when launching ASN when the error message appears.  Some things I have done to try to fix include:

Turning off virus protection on client and server pcs.

Ensuring Active Sky Next is authorized to pass through firewall (Windows and Norton Internet Security)

Not sure what else can be done. I too ran AI Traffic and things seem to be fine.

Well, just after my last post, I noticed that I had uninstalled ASN on my SERVER PC (pc with FSX).  I guess I had uninstalled it prior to trying to set things up over the network thinking it might conflict with the CLIENT installation, configuration, etc.  

Jump ahead a day and some hours later when I started to give up on getting it to run from my laptop, I decided to reinstall FSN back onto my SERVER (PC with FSX) and just take the frame hits. Reinstallation went off without a hitch.

Out of curiosity (first ensuring both ASN and FSX were not running on my SERVER PC) I ran up ASN on my CLIENT, ....and whallaa,...no error message!

With ASN running on the CLIENT (laptop), I ran FSX on the SERVER and got a "FSX Connected".  Everything is running smoothly now.

I too am having the same problem but i'm also running REX4 textures on my client pc.

Were you running textures on eithe pc's cause don't you need textures to run ASN?