Sign in to follow this  
bic

WOAI problems

I'm having some problems with WOAI installation.

First, I tried Estonia Migration Tool and got some error it could not find file during the install.  I think it cannot find the aircraft file.

Second, I tried just copying the FSX exe to the P3DV2 directory.  I disabled EMT and ran the WOAI installer.  I still get an error it cannot find  a file.

Now I try to go into Expert mode of WOAI installer and can see it appears to have installed, but when I click on Airport info for an Airline, I see "could not find file 'c:\program files (X86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d\v2\scenery\world\scenery\Traff_0000_WoA_Click_Airways_Su08.bgl'.

Can I just copy all the Traffic files from FSX?

I have practically all the WOAI files, so not sure the best to fix all of them.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

I'm having some problems with WOAI installation.

First, I tried Estonia Migration Tool and got some error it could not find file during the install.  I think it cannot find the aircraft file.

Second, I tried just copying the FSX exe to the P3DV2 directory.  I disabled EMT and ran the WOAI installer.  I still get an error it cannot find  a file.

Now I try to go into Expert mode of WOAI installer and can see it appears to have installed, but when I click on Airport info for an Airline, I see "could not find file 'c:\program files (X86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d\v2\scenery\world\scenery\Traff_0000_WoA_Click_Airways_Su08.bgl'.

Can I just copy all the Traffic files from FSX?

I have practically all the WOAI files, so not sure the best to fix all of them.

Did you copy and paste that folder structure? If so.. 

It's "Prepar3D v2"

Not "Prepar3D\v2"

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Did you copy and paste that folder structure? If so.. 

It's "Prepar3D v2"

Not "Prepar3D\v2"

I actually retyped it, so it's a typo... 

Directory is C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Ok. I'm out of ideas then sorry.   B)

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I've had no issues. 

Easiest way to install that worked for me:

1) Make a copy of your Prepar3d.exe in the root folder and rename it FS9.exe

2) Install all packages to your Prepar3d folder (don't need to use expert mode or anything, just regular install). It'll let you do this because of the FS9.exe

At this point everything is where it needs to be but one thing. 

3) Copy all the contents of the "aircraft" folder (which was made by WOAI because that's where they are in an FS9 install) into your simobjects/airplanes folder.

That's it. The above process does not work trying to use the FSX option in the WOAI installer. You have to use the FS9 one.

What worked for me was:

- copying over fsx.exe to the P3D folder (copying the P3D.exe and renaming it to fsx.exe works too)

- In the WOAI installer, select FSX in the "target" dropdown

- Click the ".." icon next to FSX path

- Browse to your P3D directory, and next to file name, click the dropdown for FSX.exe and select (bonchie, not sure if this step that was missing when you tried to getting it working with fsx)

- Install your packages

That's it. If you're able to get this working, you won't have to go through step 3 which bonchie noted above (as FSX and P3D have the same directory structures).

I've had no issues. 

Easiest way to install that worked for me:

1) Make a copy of your Prepar3d.exe in the root folder and rename it FS9.exe

2) Install all packages to your Prepar3d folder (don't need to use expert mode or anything, just regular install). It'll let you do this because of the FS9.exe

At this point everything is where it needs to be but one thing. 

3) Copy all the contents of the "aircraft" folder (which was made by WOAI because that's where they are in an FS9 install) into your simobjects/airplanes folder.

That's it. The above process does not work trying to use the FSX option in the WOAI installer. You have to use the FS9 one.

Thanks.  Your step 3 might also fix my problem of woai not working in p3d v2.

I will try it tonight.

I was pretty sure the aircraft folder was causing a problem but didn't know if I should copy into the airplanes folder as I assumed this would make the selectable aircraft list massive and might impact load times.

DylanM,  when I used the WOAI installer the dropdown from fs2004 to fsx was greyed out so when I navigated to the p3d v2 folder the only exe it could see was fs9.exe.

Cheers

Fixed my problem and have woai aircraft working now. I spotted in woai installer when navigating to the fs9.exe file if you change the file type you can select fsx.exe and then the fs2004 drop down becomes available to change to fsx. This then installs the ai aircraft straight into simobjects/airplanes.

Beware that there are several incompatible AI aircraft models in the WOAI packages that will cause g3d.dll CTDs in P3D when you fly close to them. Most of the jetliners work, but a few props and GA aircraft are old FS8 models that will cause problems.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I managed to install all of my WOAI packages into P3D V2.3 Succeeded with both methods.

Ended up trying both methods because Of a problem with the installation.

I got a massive amount of popups proclaiming "file not found" and had to click OK

to proceed after each one. Ran P3D at KLAX with Airline traffic at 100% and the

gates where heavily populated but non of the bridges where extended to the any of the

AI Aircraft. Ran out of time but I got the impression non of the AI Aircraft where going

anywhere either. Nothing Arriving and Nothing departing.

Anyone got any idea as to what is off here?

I seem to have the same issue as Avidean.  No movement of AI in P3Dv2.3  Any ideas?  BGL file issues?

An important thing for me was to run the WOAI installer as admin, but still no movement.

-Alden

If you watch long enough that will start to depart and arrive.
I think if you use the installer more than once for the same packages you can run into problem
with the file not found issue. Once I removed all of the Packages from P3D and then used a freshly
downloaded installer I was able to install all of the packages I've collected in just a 4 runs. One for each
category. Airlines, Discontinued, Military and GA. You need an FSX.exe in the P3D directory. Install exactly the same
way as you install in FSX. The crucial thing to not overlook is:

Fixed my problem and have woai aircraft working now. I spotted in woai installer when navigating to the fs9.exe file if you change the file type you can select fsx.exe and then the fs2004 drop down becomes available to change to fsx. This then installs the ai aircraft straight into simobjects/airplanes.