Sign in to follow this  
JaimeHorton

777 Cockpit dome light not working correctly

Hey everyone 

noticed that my dome light is not working right 

see picture 

the light will come on and the texture shows the light as on, however the light does not illuminate the flight deck 

im running fsx in dx10 

i have tried running the fixer again and im using the current version ( steves dx10 fixer )

also ive tried deleting my shader files 

any other ideas 

Thanks 

JHo

post-301024-0-72743200-1387472808.jpg

All you guys running DX10 and the T7 - can you reproduce the same issue with the dome light?

This problem is not exclusive to the T7.    It also occurs on the 737NGX in DX10.   The only time the light seems to work for me is after I am on the ground and the FS2Crew FO turns on all the lights for shutdown procedures but it quickly shuts off again after a few seconds.    I can't get it to work at night though by manually flipping the switch myself.  The light comes on and it has a pretty bloom around it but it does not shed any light forward on to the control panels.   If you find the solution to your problem then maybe I will find mine as well.   It's obviously being powered by the same programming code.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

They didn't test it for compatibility with DX10, for what it's worth.  I know that doesn't fix your issue, but it's worth noting that it was set up for DX9.

Has anyone checked to see if it's working after engine start?  I think one of the aircraft actually used a hacked smoke effect to make the light.  Since the smoke effect was somehow linked to the engines, it required them to be on for the light to fully function.

I could be making that up, though...I can't remember the actual original topic/post/etc.

Kyle Rodgers

doesn't work after engine start as well 

tell you this 

ill fly with no dome light forever before ill go back to dx9 

ha

hopefully we can find a solution i don't have fscrew

however i do alot of night flying so the light would be handy 

thanks 

jho

Works fine for me in DX10. Not had the issue as described. I would suggest you guys ask Steve in the DX10 (forum) if he can help. Sounds like a DX10 setting not right.

BTW, the NGX works fine here too.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I'll be switching to DX10 tomorrow or the day after tomorrow so I'll see if I experience the same dome lights issue... we might as well ask in the Steve's DX10 forum to get a quick answer.. it works for some people, I bet it's a fixer's settings or shaders..