Sign in to follow this  
Nathan3219

Razbam Metroliner Released

With Ehsi mod I run to the rm3 sound problem again

What sound problem's that?  The sound files should definitely be in the RM3_Cockpit_Sounds folder

Quick fix (looks awful I know)

[Vcockpit14]
//gauge00 = Metro_IIIC!M3_RADIOCALL,     100, 280, 900, 800
gauge00 = LZ_M3!KAP140,     100, 400, 900, 400

Added by edit:  found a KA285 that might fit the bill!

or perhaps a simple navomatic 400 pulled from a c337?  

http://wiki.flightgear.org/File:Navomatic-3d.png

one thing i found yesterday was that when the front panel lights are on (light posts), the ap buttons don't work in the call sign area.  not sure if the light effect is a layer that masks the buttons.   perhaps unmasking the area in one of the texture files may fix this?

but thanks again for your ehsi and ap mods, great work.

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

"Config file not found:

...Gauges\DSD_FSX_XML_Sound.ini

Using default"

That one. This prevents me using the mod in this respect.

Config file not found:

...Gauges\DSD_FSX_XML_Sound.ini

Looks like you don't have the filename typed in correctly, if anything the error message should refer to BK_LZ_merge.ini.   Check that in the [Vcockpit01] section of your panel.cfg you have:

gauge07 = DSD_FSX_XML_Sound!Sound, 0, 0, 0, 0, .\Gauges\RM3_Cockpit_Sounds\BK_LZ_merge.ini

It must be all in one line (ie ..... , .\Gauges\RM3_Cockpit\Sounds\BK_LZ_merge.ini ), not split as above.

when the front panel lights are on (light posts), the ap buttons don't work in the call sign area

Haven't been able to duplicate that, but then I don't do much night flying and don't know all the buttons.

Anyway I've completed the VC interface for the autopilot, it's a little fiddly but at least it's a plausible instrument in a plausible location; files as usual available here.

Now its:

Error Encountered

Facility 0

Error ID 3

Path does not exist

Full error code 0x3

Location 5

File

.\Gauges\RM3_Cockpit_Sounds\GPWSWhoopWhoopPullUp.wav

Now I was able to load the plane without error, but it appeared while switching on the systems.

Now I was able to load the plane without error, but it appeared while switching on the systems.

Well, at least it now found the ini file and it's trying to play a sound (the metro seems to initialise a few inches above the runway, falling down triggers the GPWS!) but it couldn't find the wav file in that folder.

Check that the <fsx  folder>\RM3_Cockpit_Sounds (where the ini file is)  contains that wav file - in fact all the wav files in my distribution, otherwise you'll get other errors.

You're not using the steam edition are you? 'cos I've heard that it does mess up path names some, but I don't have it and know nothing about it.

Another possibility could be that the full path name is too long, I've had that happen. Do you have a long path to your fsx folder?  Try renaming that file to say "pu.wav" and edit the BK_LZ_merge.ini file to change the Sound26= line appropriately.

As lzamm said, check if the panel.cfg entry for the sound module is in a single line and if each sound is where it's supposed to.

You're not using the steam edition are you? 'cos I've heard that it does mess up path names some, but I don't have it and know nothing about it.

Only if you're using absolute paths.

DSD_Sound_XML uses a relative path, with the root FSX(SE) folder as the starting point.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Haven't been able to duplicate that, but then I don't do much night flying and don't know all the buttons.

Anyway I've completed the VC interface for the autopilot, it's a little fiddly but at least it's a plausible instrument in a plausible location; files as usual available here.

thanks Izamm, great vc gauges.  would it be possible to display vs in the alt selector?  and the hotspot for vs in the vc gauge is presently mouse wheel fwd for nose up, back for nose down, could this be flipped to make it more intuitive?  

as for the light thing, the button on the left panel well that turns on the post lights is preventing the gauge from working in the vc, it's the awkward button that's impossible to find after dark:

http://www.razbamsims.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=110&t=584&p=2855#p2855

and seems the radio call area isn't lit at night with a light map texture so after dark, the ap gauge stays dark.  but works great regardless.

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

ok, i really disliked the vc flood light as light splashed all over everything and killed the dark view outside.  

this is what i'm talking about, see the forward window pillars and wipers light up?

idXvb.jpg

so, as i've done with other airplanes, i modified the vc light .fx placement so that the main panel lights up, but nothing above the glare shield:

this is the improved version with the stock vc light file,

//light.6  = 4,  13.11,   0.00,  3.76, fx_vclightsplash

light.6    = 4,  11.81,   0.80,  0.76, fx_vclightsplash  
light.15  = 4,  11.81, -0.80,  0.76, fx_vclightsplash

K794y.jpg

so no more annoying reflection above the glare shield.
using another vc light fx file, this one from realair tduke, the vc light gets a blue tint, looks quite good:

//light.6  = 4,  13.11,   0.00,  3.76, fx_vclightsplash
light.6  = 4,  11.81,   0.80,  0.76, RASDukeT_vclight
light.15  = 4,  11.81,   -0.80,  0.76, RASDukeT_vclight

tnIPV.jpg

would it be possible to display vs in the alt selector? and the hotspot for vs in the vc gauge is presently mouse wheel fwd for nose up, back for nose down, could this be flipped to make it more intuitive?

Done.  Just replace the newly downloaded cab file (link repeated here)

The "VS in altitude selector" may not be what you expect but that's what you get on the KAS297B.

However, the metroliner just cries out to be flown in pitch, not VS, like all small planes and indeed the early airliners (Tinmouse anyone :) ?)  I've included my efforts so far in this direction in the cab file, with some notes if anyone would like to try it out.

However, the metroliner just cries out to be flown in pitch, not VS, like all small planes and indeed the early airliners

I agree!   and whilst these autopilot mods are fantastic (and I'm now using them), even the stock Razbam Metroliner can be flown in that way regarding autopilot   - just with the caveat of using key assignments rathern that the supplied AP popup.

So, if you ensure you have keyboard assignments for :-

AP MASTER

AP HDG HOLD

AP NAV1 HOLD

AP ALT HOLD

AP PITCH REF INC

AP PITCH REF DEC

and you ensure you have ;-

[Autopilot]

Default_Pitch_Mode=1

Default_Bank_Mode=1

....in your aircraft.cfg, then you can operate the Razbam's autopilot more like the real ones of this type (or more like the Navomatic 400A's etc, that have pitch wheels, rather than VS settings).

:smile:

even the stock Razbam Metroliner can be flown in that way regarding autopilot

All very true, although I'll split hairs with you and and say that a modified aircraft.cfg is no longer the "stock" model!  In fact I have an aversion to changing that file as I like to keep the original panel operable as a reference, and prefer to jam in the required modes with some gauge code where possible.

Also of course "default_bank_mode=1" is a wing leveler and you lose steering.

Incidentally don't use my experimental CWS code just yet - I've just discovered a nasty wind-up in the bank controller that leaves you with full aileron trim when you disconnect the autopilot (something like China Airlines 006!).

Just wanted to thank Bjoern and lzamm for the mods (and kdfw, although I haven't tried his mod yet). You've really enhanced my enjoyment of the Metroliner, already one of my favourite aircraft!

Cheers!

Joel

• Like 1

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

All very true, although I'll split hairs with you and and say that a modified aircraft.cfg is no longer the "stock" model! 

That is true!

Also of course "default_bank_mode=1" is a wing leveler and you lose steering.

That's true, but it's more about how it behaves at the point of AP engagement;  the aircraft will hold roll and pitch (with the relevent 'pitch' entry in place too), until a lateral mode is selected immediately after AP engagement.   The aircraft pitch will then be held, while the lateral mode (HDG or NAV) takes care of the roll.    In this mode, pitch can still be adjusted but not with mouse buttons - key assignments for the PITCH_VAR_INC and DEC commands need to be used.   

This is where some people have got confused where they've said that the Razbam's AP has "fixed" VS, or no way of changing the vertical speed.  It can be changed, but not using VS buttons, or VS key commands.   The Pitch_Var_Dec and Inc assignments must be used.

In my experience this is realistic of the behaviour of almost all Bendix/King, and Collins APs in the real world - the only autopilots that I know of that don't engage any roll and pitch mode when the AP is engaged (until a lateral and vertical mode is also selected) are the Meggitt / S-TEC units.