Sign in to follow this  

Norway! Updated v2 (FSX and P3D)

Before downloading files from this post: check the posts below it to see if there are any updates! Updates will be posted in bold red! (This is the only way to keep this topic up to date because posts can't be edited anymore after a few hours.)

This guide is a follow up to http://forum.avsim.net/topic/411852-norway/ and http://forum.avsim.net/topic/416472-norway-updated/ which both have become very outdated pretty quickly due to some completely new versions of the various addons.

This topic will tell you how to download and install the latest version of Norway freeware into FSX and/or P3D. To keep things simple (or at least as simple as possible) I have limited the instructions to what I think are the most important parts (mesh, landclass and Airports of Norway). This time I have left out Norway GA Airfields because afaik it is made with the older mesh in mind and a new version (2.90) will be available somewhere in the future: maybe I will add information about that addon when it has been released. For now this will have to do.

BTW I will let you rename some folders, taking the version numbering out of them, so it will be easier to update things in the future (simply add things to the existing folders without the need to add them again to FSX/P3D and without getting confused by older version numbers).

1. Norway Mesh X (created by Bjørn Helge)
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4oS5V1H4YW1VEdXWW1uQVNwb0k&usp=sharing
Download all three files and unzip the split zip using WinRAR. Make sure you end up with 73 bgl's in the Scenery folder. (You may have to login with your own Google account before you can download the files. When you get an error after clicking on an icon, click on Open in the bottom right corner.) Rename the folder that has the Scenery folder in it to Norway Mesh X.
Copy the Norway Mesh X folder to the FSX/P3D Addon Scenery folder.

2. Norway Scenic X III (created by Thomas Berg)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/40097540/fsx/NSX_III_beta1.zip
Download and unzip.
Copy the NSX_III folder out of the NSX_III_beta1 folder to the FSX/P3D Addon Scenery folder.

3. Norway Scenic LC (created by Hans Ramberg)
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=7bd265c27f54e748&id=7BD265C27F54E748!168&authkey=!APO8B8TzVx5x7HI#cid=7BD265C27F54E748&id=7BD265C27F54E748!3402&authkey=!APO8B8TzVx5x7HI
Download all 8 files. Create a folder called Norway Scenic LC and create a folder in it called Scenery. Move all 8 files into that Scenery folder.
Copy the Norway Scenic LC folder to the FSX/P3D Addon Scenery folder.

4. Airports of Norway (created by Andrew Thomsen, a.k.a. Loki)
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=e0121e64dc8923ca&id=E0121E64DC8923CA!105
Download all 7 files.

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=copyright&fid=175816
Download Photopack 1. (You will need to login first with your own Flighstim account. Take note that downloads are quite slow.)

Create a folder called Airports of Norway Ground and create two folders in it, one called Scenery and the other called Texture.
1. Copy the content of the Photopack 1 Scenery and Texture folders into the new Airports of Norway Ground's Scenery and Texture folders
2. Copy the content of the Photopack 2 Scenery and Texture folders into the same Airports of Norway Ground's Scenery and Texture folders and make sure to overwrite duplicate files with the new ones.
3. Do the same with all files from the Rygge Photoscenery folder.
4. Copy all .agn files from the Alta ENAT autogen buildings folder into the Airports of Norway Ground Texture folder and make sure to overwrite duplicate files with the new ones.
5. Do the same with all .agn files from the Hasvik ENHK autogen buildings folder.

Copy the Airports of Norway Ground folder to the FSX/P3D Addon Scenery folder

Copy the Airports of Norway folder out of the AoN 3.6 22-12-13 folder to the FSX/P3D Addon Scenery folder

Copy the Norske Broer folder out of the Norway Bridges 31102013 folder to the FSX/P3D Addon Scenery folder

Copy all .bgl's from the AoN 3.6 22-12-13/ELEV folder to the FSX/Scenery/World/Scenery and/or P3D/Scenery/World/Scenery folder

FSX ONLY! Don't install the following into P3D! Copy all files from the AoN 3.6 22-12-13/EFFECTS_FSX_ONLY/Effects folder into the FSX Effects folders. Also copy everything from the Effects/Texture folder to the FSX Effects/Texture folder.

P3D v2 ONLY! Copy all .bgl's from the AoNN Afcads P3Dv2 folder into the already existing default Addon Scenery/Scenery folder

This ends the downloading, unzipping, moving and copying!

Making it all work in FSX/P3D

Start FSX/P3D and make sure to set the mesh resolution in FSX/P3D to 10 meters: this is important in order to show the transition from land to water correctly.

Add all the items you have copied to the Addon Scenery folder to the FSX/P3D Scenery Library and make sure they end up in this exact order! (In order to prevent having to move everything up and down, it's easiest to start with the item at the bottom which is the Norway Mesh X.)

1. Airports of Norway
2. Airports of Norway Ground
3. Norske Broer
4. NSX III_Roads_Rails
5. NSX_III_Landclass_cvx
6. NSX_III_Water
7. NSX_III_Exclude
8. Norway Scenic LC
9. Norway Mesh X
(10. Addon Scenery)

That's it! Enjoy!

Thanks to all the developers who worked on this excellent freeware and special thanks to Andrew Thomsen, a.k.a. Loki, for adding Readme's in English to his files ^_^ and for keeping us updated on this forum!

Thanks for the updated version, too bad after reformat I just this morning decided to figure this out myself... ;P should've waited a bit longer! 

Thanks for the updated version, too bad after reformat I just this morning decided to figure this out myself... ;P should've waited a bit longer! 

LOL Or I should have been quicker... ^_^ BTW Since you figured everything out this morning, you might have a look at my post to see if I maybe missed something important...?

Thanks for the update.

Just to be sure, can I update my old Norway files with the new ones provided?

EDIT:

Part of my question was already answered in the OP. Did not read it correctly.

Just to be sure, can I update my old Norway files with the new ones provided?

Well, the mesh is completely new and so is NSX III. And you always have to completely replace Airports of Norway (I always simply put the new Scenery and Texture folder into the AoN folder after removing the old ones). So there isn't a lot to update. ;) If you already had the freeware installed, you can keep Norway Scenic LC (but remove the rest from NSX II) and you don't have to redownload the AoN Photopack 1: just add the files from Photopack 2 to it, overwriting everything, and add the other mentioned files.

I myself ended up with a completely new set of folders but that was also because I had to redownload everything to make sure what was in it, if it was complete and what the original filenames were etc. You can't write a guide like this without doing everything all over again. ^_^

Anyway, whenever there are new updates, it will mainly be a matter of putting the new files into the existing folders, so life will be easier once you've done everything I've described.

I was now for the first time on ENRY, Rygge with the photo scenery  every thing looks fine except the terminal.

All buildings and hangars have a texture except the terminal, this terminal is black with no texture.

I have looking in all my zip files but noting for the terminal texture.

Maybe some can take a look on ENRY and look if the terminal have textures.

And Andrew thanks again for all your work. :Applause:

Jan

@F70 are you using Dx10?

No,i don't use Dx10

I can see all the other buildings and hangars except the terminal texture.

Jan

Thanks for updating this guide Jeroen. Looks like I'll be having a fun christmas exploring the new Norway :smile:

Might be better to package this all together and share via torrents. Might be more efficient.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Might be better to package this all together and share via torrents. Might be more efficient.

Some parts are updated relatively frequently, so I'm not sure if that would be a good way to go.

I was now for the first time on ENRY, Rygge with the photo scenery  every thing looks fine except the terminal.

All buildings and hangars have a texture except the terminal, this terminal is black with no texture.

I have looking in all my zip files but noting for the terminal texture.

Maybe some can take a look on ENRY and look if the terminal have textures.

And Andrew thanks again for all your work. :Applause:

Jan

IIRC ENRY is one of more airports that do not have their buildings recreated due to lack of info - check the readme file that ckmes with AoN. Sounds weird with the black textures though..

Mas

Actually, I made an all-in-one installer for Norwegian sceneries compatible with Andrew's works (AoN, Bridges, etc.) back in Nov this year. This cost me a few days downloading the stuff, reading multiple readmes and Jeroen's posts (big thanks to him, btw!!!), translating from Bokmål, and developing a built-in Configuration Manager. :smile: But due to copyright restrictions and after discussion with Andrew, I cannot share this package in public.

Here is the readme PDF I made for my own "pre-AoN 3.6" and "pre-NSX III" package - so that you know what's the fun in that.  :rolleyes:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/uasau573yayp9w8/Readme.pdf

Regards,

Victor Quebec

Here is the readme PDF I made for my own "pre-AoN 3.6" and "pre-NSX III" package - so that you know what's the fun in that. 

Looks great! Pity it can't be shared. I (of course) also thought about uploading the complete package somewhere, but the developers simply like to keep control of where their files are and which versions and so on. I understand that, of course, but still, it's a shame people can't download it all with one click!

BTW I have a black building at ENBM. I use P3D 2.0 and I think it has to do with DX11. 

I've been trying several times to download "Norway Mesh X v0.75.zip", but all I keep getting is an error message.

Could you check that?

Thx in advance, and a very merry Xmas!