Sign in to follow this  
Sportsfan23

UTX question

I just installed UTX and in the other thread I read that UTX has had quite a few updates. Do I need to install all the updates or just the latest one?

Here is a less of a smart arse answer than Jim could provide, go here http://www.simforums.com/forums/support-for-all-the-ultimate-series-of-terrain-products_forum19.html

You will need to register in the forum. The updates are not cumulative, so follow instructions in the forum.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

If he just purchased he has the latest version and would not need any updates, so not as much as a smart arse answer as you think.

If he just purchased he has the latest version and would not need any updates, so not as much as a smart arse answer as you think.

You are so wrong. Again.!!!!  From the FAQ

"Yes, for UTX you would need to first install the base  version, and then apply any available updates to get to version 1.6."

The purchase download is the base, does not include the updates.

Updates are not added to the purchase download @ Flight 1.

Updates are only available from scenery solutions.

Your short, single sentence answers are more of a hindrance than help. I think you should not partake any sort of online help at all to be honest.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

It's a shame that people that don't really know the answer to a given question feel compelled to answer it anyway as though they do.

- Aaron

It's a shame that people that don't really know the answer to a given question feel compelled to answer it anyway as though they do.

You referring to me or Skoma ?

You referring to me or Skoma ?

In this case Jim, but I see it pretty frequently in other topics by other people. In fact I see it quite a bit in real life outside the forums. People feel compelled to answer any given question regardless if they actually know the answer. As you said, it's often more of a hindrance when the person in question has to overcome bad information.

- Aaron

In this case Jim, but I see it pretty frequently in other topics by other people. In fact I see it quite a bit in real life outside the forums. People feel compelled to answer any given question regardless if they actually know the answer. As you said, it's often more of a hindrance when the person in question has to overcome bad information.

Yes, it is annoying. Jim knows it is annoying, that is why he does it.

I do it to increase my post count... Happy Holidays, BTW!

For the OP:

Having just installed all the UTX products on a new system, yes, any or all products will require installing patches to what is available from the Flight1 site. Starting up the individual product's installed Setup utility will show the current product level that is installed, such as 1.1 or 1.2 and then you choose the patches to install from that level up to the current level.

Just to help the Op, or anyone else reading this, here is a link to Scenery Solutions

http://www.scenerysolutions.com/

I do it to increase my post count... Happy Holidays, BTW!

In your case I happen to know better.   B)

Happy holidays to you as well, hope things are good in your neck of the woods.

- Aaron