Sign in to follow this  

UTX for P3D 2.0 is coming soon!

Good news for those who waited for Vector to replace the unsupported UTX!

http://www.simforums.com/forums/utx-and-p3d-v2_topic48210.html

I highly anticipate having a P3D v2 of UTX available 1st quarter 2014.    We have some legal contracts that should be signed off on very soon.  When that happens, we can give you guys additional details on this topic.

I will defenitely wait for this too: maybe the update will be free or we can get a discount. Or I will buy it again. No matter what, I'll like this more than Vector because you get OPTIONS.

Nice, how competition works ... ^_^

We (the users) are the winners!

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Project X from them looks very promising, but it looks a long way off yet, they have been developing the automated tools for a couple of years now and they still haven't got to a production stage yet.

http://scenerysolutions.tumblr.com/

I had never heard of that..... looks interesting

I had never heard of that..... looks interesting

They've been working on the technology behind this a long time. 

It's some variation of what they used to make Alaska X, where instead of autogen buildings all the buildings are generated as scenery objects somehow. This makes for awesome visuals with no popup and you don't have the 7 mile radius limit of autogen. 

I thought they had given up on further expanding it. Glad it's back on track.

I will defenitely wait for this too: maybe the update will be free or we can get a discount. Or I will buy it again. No matter what, I'll like this more than Vector because you get OPTIONS.

"Free"?

Wouldn't that be nice. I would guess more likely that there will be a small fee for each region's upgrade. Once you start adding up all the "small fees", it could be pretty expensive to to buy vectors and land class for the whole world.

I suppose that all this depends on whether UTX for P3d2 just has a compatible installer or whether it has new features/capabilities. 

The "big four" of P3d hold outs  (PMDG, UTX, VRS TacPack and GEX) is now whittled down to only 2.

The "big four" of P3d hold outs  (PMDG, UTX, VRS TacPack and GEX) is now whittled down to only 2.

And don't they all look pretty stupid? Power to the consumer! It looks like the fanbois power bases are not enough to keep them afloat. They are finally recognising that you do have to move forward alongside your progressive consumers and platform suppliers. They can only rely on an ageing and dormant platform for so long.

I think classifying something as a hold out implies that they had the option to develop for the platform, yet chose not to. This is not the case for a few developers. I don't think a legal barrier to entry classifies them as holding-out. 

Aamir Thacker

Glad to hear that UTX is coming to P3Dv2.  Not sure if that's the route I'll take, but healthy competition makes for better products; forces developers to listen to customer feedback, if nothing else.

That 'Project X' page, now that looks interesting!!  If I could fly over that kind of detail in my simulator with very little performance hit as they claim, that would be perfect.  That sort of city detail would actually provide pretty stiff competition to FTX regions, in my opinion.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

U hope UTX expand the product line to include Africa and Australia.

ProjectX looks like something that I would purchase.  Hopefully this will be available in Q1 2014 like they state in their forum.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Won't touch it.. That guy (who was it here Nick?) burned his bridge with me. He ran around these forums for ages spouting off an absurd amount of nonsense and legal scare tactics.. And now he wants my money.

Lol.. Nope

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Won't touch it.. That guy (who was it here Nick?) burned his bridge with me. He ran around these forums for ages spouting off an absurd amount of nonsense and legal scare tactics.. And now he wants my money.

Lol.. Nope

Nick is behind GEX, not UTX.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Nick is behind GEX, not UTX.

All I know is even mentioning installing UTX and Prepar3D in the same sentence in this forum was an instant lock for ages because of all the legal threats and talking down on people  like they were 5 year olds by Flight1 reps.    UTX was in the group of software that mere mentioning installing it would bring  a Flight1 rep in here hammering away on their keyboard with legal paragraphs and other none-sense in a smug condescending attitude. 

I just refused after that to donate a single cent of my cash to anything produced "In cooperation with" Flight1 or even a product with their wrapper.  

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Well, they were not allowed to use their source data for P3D, so I get their point.

That said, I avoid anything Flight1 too because of copy protection. I only buy TSS and Carenado products at the moment in combination with lots of great freeware.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987!