Sign in to follow this  
troyboy66

Master Sound no longer disables

How do I disable to Master sound siren that comes on in the 777? Resettable siren is currently on, but this did not work. I pressed shift+crtl+Z and still nothing. I tried to disable the auto disengage using MCP and button on sterring...waiting for at least 2-3sec before I pressing a second time and still does not work. Also tried right clicking the toga button on mcp and throttle twice, but that annoying sound just wont go away. The only way to make it silent was to reduce the sound in the FMC down to zero, but this disables all the clickable sounds as well. I took the advice from others having the same problem on this forum but none of the options worked for me. This is having this issue since owning this aircraft in more than a month. Is there a real workaround or is this a real PMDG issue? Thanks..

Please see photo below

Troy

post-262685-0-68579100-1388259800.jpg

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

This is not a bug.  Please read the below link.

Source: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/418750-pmdg-777-issue-tracking-thread-read-before-posting/

Not real issues - please don't repost these:

- Master warning siren/wailer doesn't turn off.

• This is a realistic feature that is an option on the airplane. Look for RESETTABLE SIREN in the EQUIPMENT section of the aircraft options in the FMC.
  • With respect to the autopilot disconnect form of this sound, it takes two presses of the AP disconnect button/key to silence it. The second press must come at least 1.5 seconds after the first. Again, accurate to the real world airplane.

Thanks Flyerboy...I tried these...Just wished it worked

Troy

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

Give us a little more information.

Are you using a Joystick/Yoke? If so, I highly recommend you bind the A/P Disconnect to a button on the joystick/yoke. Works like a charm for me.

Aamir Thacker

Havent tried that one yet Aamir. I'll give it a try. I am using Logitechs G940. Thank you

Troy

Troy Kemp

Have you tried creating a fresh flight?

( not from a save flight or created panel state?)

Also, at what point did the alarm start?

What triggered it?

Rob Robson

So I started up a new flight, but didn't have time to fly. I decided only to turned on APU, and do a complete before engine startup...no problem at this point.

Have you tried creating a fresh flight?
( not from a save flight or created panel state?)

Also, at what point did the alarm start?
What triggered it?

777Simmer - what started it was overspeed alarm due to heavy tailwinds. This was an overnight flight from LOWW-KSFO. When I woke and cheked 9hours into the flight, the alarm was buzzing like crazy. It was at this point that I could not disable the alarm. It may have been a one time thing so I'll give the final results after a flight today. Thanks again

Troy

Troy Kemp

Did you press the actual Master Caution button with a left click of the mouse? It seems that the autopilot is On, so the "Autopilot Disconnect" alarm isn't a factor. Maybe it's some other kind of master caution. (ie not related to Autopilot at all).

Troy-

This airplane won't yell at you without telling you why.  Looking at the image you posted, I don't see anything that provides any indication as to what you are getting- but the fact that you have both the CAUTION and WARNING lights indicates to me that it is the crew activity monitor...

That being said- it should STFU once it wakes you up and you start pushing buttons...

Prior to taking your image, did you press the M/C button?  Did you hit the CANCEL/RECALL button?

Can you give some indication as to what the airplane was doing at the time the warning went off?

Given that you have the A/P engaged and the A/T is showing an active mode- I am inclined to say that what you are hearing is unrelated to the automation...

The blue hardware position arcs on the engine display might be a clue...  You have one pulled to idle and the other pushed to full throttle.  The A/T is ignoring your hardware input (this is normal for the sim) so it shouldn't be triggering anything- but you never know...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Did you press the actual Master Caution button with a left click of the mouse? It seems that the autopilot is On, so the "Autopilot Disconnect" alarm isn't a factor. Maybe it's some other kind of master caution. (ie not related to Autopilot at all).

Hopskip - I did press the Master Caution button with a left click, but that did not resolve the problem. And yes, I think you are right that it has nothing to do with the Autopilot disengage. I only tried this option because most on the forum beleives follwong the advised steps would rid of the sound. While the buzzer was ringing, I looked around everywhere trying to find what else could be causing the problem, even going thru the FMC to make sure something else wasn't causing the problem...found nothing...All I know is that I woke up to overspeed and a caution light and sound that I could not get rid off.

Troy

Troy Kemp

Troy-

This airplane won't yell at you without telling you why.  Looking at the image you posted, I don't see anything that provides any indication as to what you are getting- but the fact that you have both the CAUTION and WARNING lights indicates to me that it is the crew activity monitor...

That being said- it should STFU once it wakes you up and you start pushing buttons...

Prior to taking your image, did you press the M/C button?  Did you hit the CANCEL/RECALL button?

Can you give some indication as to what the airplane was doing at the time the warning went off?

Given that you have the A/P engaged and the A/T is showing an active mode- I am inclined to say that what you are hearing is unrelated to the automation...

The blue hardware position arcs on the engine display might be a clue...  You have one pulled to idle and the other pushed to full throttle.  The A/T is ignoring your hardware input (this is normal for the sim) so it shouldn't be triggering anything- but you never know...

Robert - Let me first say this is an honor and I absolutely love this bird. The problem that I had is the only problem I have had thus far.

The warning light and sound were the primary problems to begin with.The caution light came on when I tried some of the suggestions from the forum such as pressing auto disengage on wheel, pressing the TOGA button....incidentally when the Caution light came on, that wouldn't go away either.

"Prior to taking your image, did you press the M/C button?  Did you hit the CANCEL/RECALL button?"

-Yes I did press both...In fact, I always press those buttons in that sequence

"Can you give some indication as to what the airplane was doing at the time the warning went off?"

-Crusing at FL410 (using step climb) from LOWW-KSFO - when I checked my computer about 9hrs into flight, I saw there was a red overspeed illumination -speeds exceeded 510knts. WHen I redeuced speed, the overspeed went away but I just could not disable the sounds. Just for the record, I have been able to before.

"Given that you have the A/P engaged and the A/T is showing an active mode- I am inclined to say that what you are hearing is unrelated to the automation"

-I agree, which is why I found it strange not being able to disable the sound. Other than an overspeed indication, I just could not find anythig else.

"The blue hardware position arcs on the engine display might be a clue...  You have one pulled to idle and the other pushed to full throttle.  The A/T is ignoring your hardware input (this is normal for the sim) so it shouldn't be triggering anything- but you never know"

-Unfortunately the problem had started more than an hour before snapping this picture, so base on what you are seeing I was probably getting ready to intercept my path as ATC drives me in....Nevertheless, I'm preparing for a longhaul overnight tonight...Will post results.. Thanks for responding and great hearing from ya :)

Troy

Troy Kemp

Well just completed a long haul from EDDM-TNCM, I had no problems, i.e., no Warnings and no Caution signs or sounds. So as of now everything seems ok.

Robert - I did check the crew alert and that was turned on, so I turned it off. Other than that, nothing new to report. Thanks alot everyone

Troy

Troy Kemp

ive tried all the steps. my resettable siren isnt resetting. frustrated.

I have the same problem, can not reset the warning or caution if I do not save the flight, restart FSX and loads in flight again, so the sound disappears. If the warning or alarm will again, I can not acknowledge the sound.