Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

TapaTalk has been Shut Down and Removed

Tapatalk has been one of the contributors to our time out issues and even after upgrading it today, it was throwing hundreds of errors an hour and obviously is not ready for prime time on our site. We have removed it and it will not be returning. Users who had used it are encouraged to go to our mobile theme which can be set from the bottom of every AVSIM page.

While I don't know what time you actually removed it, the whole site feels much more responsive for me than it has been for a while.  For some time now I've been unable to access the site between about 2 am and 2:45 am MST, every night.  I'm willing to bet one or two of my wife's relatives that that problem is fixed now, too. 

Thank you Tom!! 

I'm willing to bet one or two of my wife's relatives

:lol:

Now the question is, what value do they hold to you?  :ph34r:

Aamir Thacker

:lol:

Now the question is, what value do they hold to you?  :ph34r:

LMAO!!  That all depends on which two I choose.  I have a couple in mind, but they tend to share an IQ so the loss would be minimal.  :LMAO:

Finding Avsim much more responsive here in UK. Been a struggle to load pages for quite some time ...months. Now, PDQ.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

Yep much faster and responsive.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

For some time now I've been unable to access the site between about 2 am and 2:45 am MST, every night.

I've noticed that too, but between about 1:00 AM and 1:45 PST, so yeah...

(what the h*ll are you doing up so late anyway? :smile: )

...and yeah the site does seem much quicker at resolving the connection now.

I've noticed that too, but between about 1:00 AM and 1:45 PST, so yeah...

(what the h*ll are you doing up so late anyway? :smile: )

...and yeah the site does seem much quicker at resolving the connection now.

Medical condition, Jim.  I haven't slept once in 3 years, 241 days, 17 hrs and 12 minutes. 

LOL, kidding...Just a night owl.  I go to bed anywhere between 5 and 7 am barring special circumstances (read: based on my wife's mood), but I'm still up by 10 at the latest every day.  I'm getting to the age where that schedule is starting to wear on me a little though.  :lol:

LOL, kidding...Just a night owl. I go to bed anywhere between 5 and 7 am barring special circumstances (read: based on my wife's mood), but I'm still up by 10 at the latest every day. I'm getting to the age where that schedule is starting to wear on me a little though. :lol:

Sounds like my schedule, and mood of wife hasn't much to do with it. But, yeah, sleeping in till noon is wearing thin too (not). :ph34r:

For some time now I've been unable to access the site between about 2 am and 2:45 am MST, every night. I'm willing to bet one or two of my wife's relatives that that problem is fixed now, too.

Thank you Tom!!

Oh well, looks like a branch on my wife's side of the ol' family tree is gettin' pruned.   :lol:

I had high hopes when I could still get on at 2:!5.  Just FYI, I lost access at about 2:20 and got it back at 2:43. When I lose access to the site I usually check on http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/avsim.net.html to see if it's just me or not.  Funny thing is that while I can't get on, this site goes back and forth showing it on-line one minute and off-line the next.  I've tried a full refresh of the site on my browser and even done a DNS flush on my system.  Anyhow, just thought I'd share in the hope that it helps.  I know Tom said that Tapatalk was just one of the contributors to the time outs so I have no doubt it will get resolved somewhere down the line. 

I just bought Tapatalk too;  hopefully, it can be enabled again soon.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Thanks Tom, glad you sorted it out.

Intel i9 12900K, Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z690-A Wifi D4, GSkill 32gb, RTX 4090

Regards Chris Kathi

Yep, working much better now again. Thank you very much, Tom!