Sign in to follow this  
Almishea

Orbx World+Orbx Vector+UTX+Rex Scenery Setup HELP

Hello,

So I am pretty new to the sim world.  I am running FSX Gold along with a bunch of scenery add-ons and don't feel I am getting the best quality for what I have invested in.  Could someone please help me with the scenery order in FSX?  Below is a list of what I have.  Thank you in advance!

-FSX Gold

-Rex Essential Plus Overdrive

-Orbx FTX World

-Orbx Ftx North America

-Orbx Ftx Vector

-UTX USA

I also have the following which I am not running since I read they clash with some of the other add-ons I have.

-GEX

-Mega scenery Earth MN

My system is as follows;

-Intel Quad core i7-4820K@3.70GHz

-16GB ddr3 Memory

-Nvidia GeForce GTX 770

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "TTools for MSFS Forum" to "MS FSX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Are you asking for a listing of the order in which those programs need to be installed?  Doesn't make any difference.  Install away and reboot between each install.  There's a lot of programming there, so I'd urge you to defrag after the installs are completed.  Don't forget to install the latest Orbx libraries too.  Unlike the other programs they need to be installed after all other Orbx programs are installed.

I see too, that you state you have GEX installed.  I think (repeat think) you need to completely un-install the program, but am not 100% sure about that.  Your MSE programming can remain as is.  If you desire, you can "uncheck" it in the Add-on Scenery Library and save your computer some workload.  Any time you desire to see the photoreal scenery simply check it again and it will automatically take presidence over anything else.

Work very well indeed.  I'm using that combo as we speak, with old FSGenesis mesh and all works well.

I thought UTX and FTX Vector are practically the same thing apart from UTX also includes some Landclass?

Gavin Price

Yes they are, and indeed UTX contains some landclass.  Vector is produced by the mavens at Orbx, UTX is a Flight1 product.

Thank you for the insight!  From other posts I have read that Orbx should always be at the top of the list with any FTX and then UTX under those.  So your saying it doesn't really make much difference as long as they are listed in the scenery library?

Thanks again,

Ben 

The programs will end up in the right places when you install them.  The only thing that needs moved is any landclass programs you may install.  They need installed as follows:

Landclass (LC) products must be positioned as below to insure proper operation.

UT LANDCLASS - Urban

LANDCLASS X <-------------- Place all landclass products between the UTX Urban and Vegetation layers and enable as needed (only ONE)

LANDCLASS Y <------------------|

LANDCLASS Z <------------------|

UT LANDCLASS - Vegetation  

The LC programming can be moved up/down in the add-on scenery library.  Not a big deal at all.  Installation as shown allows the rural and greenery of a landclass add-on to take precedence but  the UTX towns/cities to take command.                    

Megascenery MN? Where are you from? I've grown up in MN my whole life.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks woodhick!  I'll check the order and see what that does.

Much appreciated.

Ryan, I live in Minnetonka and have lived around the cities my whole life.  How about you?

Install away and reboot between each install. 

I reboot between each install is absolutely not necessary.

I reboot between each install is absolutely not necessary.

Sorry for any misunderstanding here but are you saying rebooting is not necessary?  It absolutely is necessary, and after several large installs you need to defrag too.  Hope I'm not misunderstanding what you wrote.

Sorry for any misunderstanding here but are you saying rebooting is not necessary?  It absolutely is necessary, and after several large installs you need to defrag too.  Hope I'm not misunderstanding what you wrote.

I don't think it is, I never bother to reboot unless the program asks me to do so. I haven't defragged either, yet now with 340GB FSX directory everything works just fine.