Sign in to follow this  
halobiont

AS NEXT Causing FSX Intermittent Freezing

I just upgraded to AS NEXT and FSX while flying the NGX freezes about every 5-6 seconds for about the same amount of time.  I exited NEXT and the problem stopped, started it again and the problem re-appeared.  Went back to AS2012 for now.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Doug Wilson

Doug Wilson

did you install the latest FSUIPC 4.927e ?

you can find it in a post "FSUIPC4.927a+HifiASN+A2A C172R+CTD look in post #2 from Pete Dowson

sorry can not post a link cause there is this I-Explorer 11 bug

Thanks for the suggestion.  I've installed the suggested version of fsuipc and the problem persists.

Doug Wilson

Doug Wilson

Is your other weather engine turned off?

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Hi,

More or less the same here. Wouldn't call it freezing in my case.

Repeated interruptions of approx. half a second in FSX after several minutes. No problems without ASN.

Regards,

Ton

My freezing problems went away when I installed FSUIPC 4.9.2.7a and ASN update B5099.

Dale

Dale

I have 4.9.2.7 and B5099.  My intermittent "freezes" last up to 10 seconds, sometimes more which will not work.  It's very consistent.  I've tried everything I can think of so I'll wait for another update and submit a formal ticket.

Thanks,

Doug

ps, that's pretty cool that you're working on the Memphis Belle Dale, nice to touch and feel history.

Doug Wilson

There are good discussions on the official HiFi forum about this. They are working on it and some users found solutions that worked for certain people meanwhile.

Ok, I fixed the freezing problem by simply allowing ASN through the Windows Firewall.

Good Luck,

Doug

I do not understand .. if it was not getting through how could ASN cause a problem.

I thought slow down was like "during" large data transfers.

My first thought it would not function at all .. with e.g. updates.

What did you do to get ASN online data thru the firewall .. I would like to check my system for this.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Yes, Turned off in FSX, FSUIPC and FSINN

If you are using FSINN make sure the multicore option is disabled.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Thanks for all the tips here, I have especially  done the firewall allow for ASN.

When I first spotted stutters using latest ASN I bought today, was quite disappointed

Disappointed in part cause with ASN running.

1. FSX\Scenery folder moves from normally top 3 most accessed folder on FSX  drive, to around 12th place. Cause asn_svr is now top dog, constantly most accessed disk space.

You can check this with Win7 resource monitor. Really no add-on has ever taken FSX scenery or sim objects folder out of the top accessed folder. Atleast not while in flight.And this could be a cause for micro stutters or more. In short ASN as_svr folder access is starving FSX of disk bandwidth to texture loading.

Since access to asn_svr folder for ASN is significantly more than access to FSx texture/scenery folders, would suggest these new ASN folders are starving FSX disk access to texture loading.

Would be nice to allow user to specify another location for this heavily accessed folders on an other disk. By that I mean asn_svr folder.  It should not be taking up more disk bandwidth than FSx  texture loading, so better on separate disk for those who have that option.

Am using  the very powerful process laso, which has allowed me to tame power of ASN and thus reduce stutters during loading, but still  not as smooth as using As2012, so I suspect its these new asn_svr folder causing micro stutters. 

Just my two scents as new user of ASN.

running Win7@4.74Gigs CPU  on Nvidia GTX Titan.

Control Panel->System&Security->Windows Firewall->Allow a program through Windows Firewall->Allow another program->Select ASN->Add.

This works great with the NGX but the 777 still stutters but it's not bad enough to ruin the experience (assuming this is still ASN).

Good luck,

Doug

Doug Wilson