It is a part of ASN and enables the audio briefings, available if a flight plan has been entered. I use this feature, even with ASN running on a networked machine, and it works great.

I don't know if or how it can be disabled. Did you try ASN's Settings menu in trying to turn off the audio feature?

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

It is a part of ASN and enables the audio briefings, available if a flight plan has been entered. I use this feature, even with ASN running on a networked machine, and it works great.

I don't know if or how it can be disabled. Did you try ASN's Settings menu in trying to turn off the audio feature?

Yes all the audio settings are off that is why I am wondering how I can remove this exe from running too even though I don't use any of it.

Hi David,

May I ask why do you want to remove it? Do you have any issues with it? as_audio.exe as explained is needed for ASN audio functionality. It starts up when fsx starts up and just stays there waiting for a signal from the main ASN application (consuming zero CPU cycles in between). If no signal is given it just stays there and "kills itself" upon fsx exit. 

You may ask yourself why this has been designed as a separate executable. The reason is that this way it has its own process address space and this way does not affect in any way fsx VAS. We could incorporate this functionality inside our "in process" modules and then you wouldn't even be able to notice it (and it would adversely affect fsx VAS).

As for not using it, I'd suggest you leave it there and leave the wind shear aural alert on, otherwise you will not use ASN at its full potential (and next time you fly an approach into a thunderstorm you will wonder why "my airspeed increased on approach" and/or "why I have wind shifts").

Thanks,

Kostas Terzides

devteam_bannerA.png

I just like getting in the habit of removing any services that are not needed. Since I don't use audio I was hoping to have it disabled. Can it be possible in a future update if we disable audio in the settings the exe doesn't run? ASN is the best weather program ever by the way, thank you so much for this amazing addition to flight sim!

Just found this topic and have a problem with this particular .exe. Three times now during a flight with either rain or snow precip I get a small popup window saying: as_audio error. And when I close the error window I lose all sound of the precip on the windows and in external view. I have all audio options unchecked, using realism mode and I use REX essentials for my textures and sound set. Could someone help with this? Kind of destroys the realism when you lose sound like that. Thanks for any help.

you might want to open a ticket at support.hifitechinc.com

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors