Sign in to follow this  
por930

MD11 TUTORIAL 1 - NO SIDS

Hi,

Well I have got around to getting the MD11 out of the hanger. Been flying the 747v1 and the 737 NGX for the last several years and sort of never got to the MD11.....Starting to get to grips with the tutorial No 1. Main issue to date is setting up the FMC with flight details, specifically, when I come to page 9 of 35 of the tutorial, after selecting EGGL/then SID, I expected to find a selection of SIDS, only to find a blank page with, 'No SIDS" displayed. Now I am very used to the 737 and 747 FMC and find that no problems....The MD11 seems a very different animal. The attached pic shows what I am seeing. I have latest Navigraph FMC data.

Any ideas would be welcome. I am sure I have missed some simple step..

post-154164-0-27024100-1389507416.jpg

Regards

Geoff Bryce

Geoff,

must be something wrong with the nav data your MD-11 uses. Do you use any add-on nav data updates such as Lufthansa or Navigraph?

Cheers,

Markus

Ah disregard, just saw that you use indeed Navigraph. To be honest I have no idea why you don't have any SIDs and RWYs displayed then. Does it work at other airports?

Markus Burkhard

Geoff,

must be something wrong with the nav data your MD-11 uses. Do you use any add-on nav data updates such as Lufthansa or Navigraph?

Cheers,

Markus

Ah disregard, just saw that you use indeed Navigraph. To be honest I have no idea why you don't have any SIDs and RWYs displayed then. Does it work at other airports?

Hi Markus,Oliver,

I have just found out the latest Navigraph cycle had an issue with EGLL. They have just released a v2 of their cycle and even though I downloaded this, still the same issue of missing SIDS... I will load up my faithful 747 and 737NGX to see how they go with an uploaded plan.

I noticed also that when I loaded the plan, the fuel amount did not change and I had to manually change this to 30.000, not sure if this is relevant?

Regards

Geoff Bryce

OK, The SID issue is resolved. Using the 737 NGX I found the same issues. By using different original airports I managed to isolate EGLL as the problem. Once this was selected, you received an error on the FMC ....And I found from the LEGS pages it removed the from/to airports from the plan, making the SID/STAR unavailable.  NAVIGRAPH, (who know about this issue and trying to fix it) have some dodgy Data in their last 14xx series update, coupled with possible issues on their automatic downloader. So I removed the automatic downloader, and re-installed the older manual Data series 1313, and the SIDS become available.

Regards 

post-154164-0-67654200-1389583494.jpg

Geoff Bryce

As an update, Navigraph have updated both the 1401 cycle to 1401v2 and they have updated their loader to 1.03.0110. If you have the old loader, update it. Then press the Addon Mappings button to be able to remove the PMDG line with dodgy data,save then rescan for the latest 1401v2, all is well again.

Regards

Geoff Bryce