Sign in to follow this  
Opus Software

OpusFSI Release Version 5.22.5 Available

I have posted Beta Version 3.42.9 with a small correction to the precipitation level handling during cloud smoothing. We hope to be posting this as the next Release Version 3.42 very soon before continuing with the planned ButtKicker, Dynamic Wind Control (DWC), and new flight plan report upgrades.

Regards

Stephen :smile:

Beta Version 3.44.0 has been posted on our website.

This beta includes the following ButtKicker additions,

ButtKicker initialisation reduced from four to three passes.
ButtKicker test messages are no longer displayed the Spy window.

Spoiler (speed brake) deployment effects have been added to the ButtKicker audio control, these airborne effects are dependent on the current position of the spoilers. The parameters effecting the DHM and ButtKicker landing effects now change dynamically depending on the maximum experienced body acceleration, used as a measure of the heaviness of the landing and initial roll out.

Landing and initial roll out effects have been added to the ButtKicker audio control, these effects need the OpusFSX DHM to be active and are dependent on the heaviness of the landing.

Beta Version 3.44.1 has been posted on our website.

This beta includes the updated NOAA (Feb 2014) Met Station list.

We were not approached or informed of any such feature addition nor given the opportunity to provide the same data.

Stephen

I should have added, we have already announced plans to incorporate a Cloud Density option, which provides support for the exported weather radar data, in OpusFSI. Pity we were not informed about this new 777 feature while it was being developed, but we will request details from PMDG so that we know what format they prefer for the exported data, and also if there are any feedback controls from the PMDG 777 aircraft, such as current radar range.

I might even add this feature to the existing OpusFSX which we also plan on continuing to sell at a reduced price after OpusFSI is released.

Stephen

We were not approached or informed of any such feature addition nor given the opportunity to provide the same data.

Stephen

I should have added, we have already announced plans to incorporate a Cloud Density option, which provides support for the exported weather radar data, in OpusFSI. Pity we were not informed about this new 777 feature while it was being developed, but we will request details from PMDG so that we know what format they prefer for the exported data, and also if there are any feedback controls from the PMDG 777 aircraft, such as current radar range.

I might even add this feature to the existing OpusFSX which we also plan on continuing to sell at a reduced price after OpusFSI is released.

Stephen

They also seem to favour FS2Crew over MCE, like they appear to favour AS over Opus - that is interesting!

Stephen

Stephen

That's good news! I'm not about to drop OPUS just for a WX radar. My next question though is if this feature is added to the existing OpusFSX would it be part of the usual free updates?

Thanks

Lee

If we add it to OpusFSX then yes. Similarly, after upgrading to OpusFSI we intend all subsequent upgrades of OpusFSI to be made freely available. For OpusFSX we have posted hundreds of free upgrades over the past two years, a similar thing will happen with OpusFSI when its released. I will have to discuss this with Cheryl but we may add a lower resolution weather radar free on OpusFSX and a higher resolution option on OpusFSI.

Stephen :-)

• Upvote 1

Sounds great Stephen thanks

I have had a quick word with Cheryl and we will most likely include an 'Enable Weather Radar Data' in the OpusFSX configuration underneath the Enable Weather Map Data option, a free upgrade of course. However we will only provide an Opus weather radar 'out of sim' display in the OpusFSI along with possibly a higher resolution option. The display will be available on the server and on a 'No Connection' type client. We are also looking to offload whatever we can onto the client, for example, offloading all METAR and TAF downloads, the GRIB data download and GRIB data decoding.

Stephen

Awesome. I bet it will take some time but it will be worth it

I have had a quick word with Cheryl and we will most likely include an 'Enable Weather Radar Data' in the OpusFSX configuration underneath the Enable Weather Map Data option, a free upgrade of course. However we will only provide an Opus weather radar 'out of sim' display in the OpusFSI along with possibly a higher resolution option. The display will be available on the server and on a 'No Connection' type client. We are also looking to offload whatever we can onto the client, for example, offloading all METAR and TAF downloads, the GRIB data download and GRIB data decoding.

Stephen

Any chance of getting an English translation?   :biggrin: just the bit straight after "I"   

ZORAN