Sign in to follow this  
Opus Software

OpusFSI Release Version 5.22.5 Available

OpusFSX Beta Version 3.42.0 is now available for download on our website.

Remember when installing the OpusFSX.msi file you must uninstall your current version before installing the new version (do not delete your previous \OpusFSX installation folder). After installing please check all the settings in your Configure and Weather dialogues. You can download from http://www.opussoftware.co.uk/opusfsi/downloads.htm

Corrected problem with GPS output relating to cultural number formats.

Improved METAR download procedures and modified the NOAA site access. Included further improvements to the GRIB data processing.

The Spy window is no longer closed when opening the Configure dialog.

Regards
Stephen smiley1.gif

Some people are experiencing problems with version 3.42 stopping after a short while. If this is the case with you then please revert to v3.41.

There is a link to v3.41 on our downloads page in the Upgrade box if you don't already have it.

Cheryl

Some people are experiencing problems with version 3.42 stopping after a short while. If this is the case with you then please revert to v3.41.

There is a link to v3.41 on our downloads page in the Upgrade box if you don't already have it.

Cheryl

I purchased version 3.40.0 on 3 jan 2014.  If I download the upgrade, will it be version 3.41.0?

Hi John

If you Goto our Downloads page, press F5 to refresh the page just in case, it should now show Release Version 3.41.0 Dated 8th January. This will then download version 3.41.

I am going to prepare version 3.42 as a beta for users to test after some further work and a few changes at this end. There were simply too many users reporting install problems resulting in the FSXSERVER program shutting down.

Make sure you uninstall before installing 3.41.

Regards
Stephen :-)

If you already have v3.40 then you might as well wait until v3.42 is available.

Cheryl

Sorry for not getting back sooner, but work sucks alot of my time.  Thank you for the help, works great, again thank you.

OpusFSX Beta Version 3.42.1 is now available for download on our website.

The FSXSERVER program will now create an FSXSERVER.log file in the user's \OpusFSX installation folder. The log file is used to log the user's installation details along with any installation errors that are detected when the program is activated. Users should refer to this file and send it to Opus Software if there are any problems encountered when running the software.

Typical content of the new \OpusFSX\FSXSERVER.log file ...

OpusFSX Flight Simulator Interface
Log Generated 15 January 2014, 10:14 Hrs
Installed Folder: C:\OPUSFSX
No Errors Detected.
Installed Files:
OPUSFSX.DLL   Version: 3.4.2.0 , 15 January 2014, 10:09 Hrs
FSXSYSTEM.DLL Version: 3.4.2.0 , 15 January 2014, 10:08 Hrs
FSXSERVER.EXE Version: 3.4.2.0 , 15 January 2014, 10:08 Hrs
FSDECODER.EXE Version: 3.4.2.0 , 15 January 2014, 10:09 Hrs

If you have any problems with the program reverting to Demo mode or shutting down then you must send us your \OpusFSX\FSXSERVER.log file.

I am having problems with Opusfsx shutting down right after new weather is updated. My fsxserver log says no errors (didn't have permission to upload the file). I have done everything I know of by the guides including uninstalling older version with windows control panel and reinstalling this beta.

I am using trackir5 and it is working fine. So, I start fsx and tracker. Then start opusfsx (it is configured per the guides) and the weather updates fine (greyed out button for 30 seconds). I have the fsx menu addon, spy shows all is well, including METARS being downloaded. Then, opusfsx shutsdown (not in taskbar) and I lose the addon menu, as expected. I have run the simconnect.msi within opusfsx folder and checked that I have Microsoft .net (4.5 something..the latest).

I have tried installing and uninstalling, starting and restarting PC and get the same results...what am I doing wrong?

Hi Dan

Did you get any errors in the \OpusFSX\FSXSERVER.log file?

We have made some modifications to the server side software here, try running OpusFSX again and let me know if you still have a problem.

Cheryl

Beta Version 3.42.8 has now been posted.

Full details have been posted on our official support forum on SimForums. These details are also included in the OpusFSX_Release_Notes text file.

We plan to post release version 3.42 soon after we are back from our holiday. After which we will start work on completing the ButtKicker landing effects, the automated recovery from SimConnect failures. If the reduced level of Dynamic Wind Control (DWC) is successful then we may remove the pre-condition and include it as a permanent feature.

Please note our limited support period.

Regards

Stephen :-)