Sign in to follow this  
rcpistonhead

747-400 version 2 thread?

Just wondering where our "747-400 version 2 - All about the upcoming release" thread is at? ^_^

We had the same thread for the 777 more than a year before it actually released. It definitely helped satisfy some hunger for information and also fueled the fire in anticipation of release.

I'm pretty excited for the new Queen of the Skies so I would love to see PMDG dedicate a new thread for it! Just saying :-)

Ben Weaver

SWA8485

I suppose this will have to wait at least until the 300ER with SP1 are out.

Forget the 747, where's the SP1 for a flawed T7 i bought over 3 months ago?

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Might be a bit flawed,but the more i use it the more i love it.

never been a FMC guy.just program Direct and off i go.with the 777 i'm right into programming the FMC.

sure it has a few niggly things .personally i can't wait for SP1 to make a great aircraft even better .

steve

Forget the 747, where's the SP1 for a flawed T7 i bought over 3 months ago?

Just wondering what's wrong with it. I've got over 100 hours in it and haven't had an issue yet.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Just wondering what's wrong with it. I've got over 100 hours in it and haven't had an issue yet.

• Cold & dark panel state produces mystery Caution light
  • Often times the external views are skeleton-ized (if that's a word)
  • Can't see flashing strobes on ground like with the 737 NGX
  • Often get "insufficient fuel" and "fuel imbalance" alerts on a second leg, even when everything is in check

Those are just a few of the issues I've seen. Most have been reported already by the community.

• Often get "insufficient fuel" and "fuel imbalance" alerts on a second leg, even when everything is in check
Those are just a few of the issues I've seen. Most have been reported already by the community.

I get a skeleton airframe for a second but it eventually loads. Do you have highmemfix=1 in your cfg?

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Silence is golden with PMDG.  The 744v2 sure would be a nice Christmas present to myself this year :rolleyes:

Chris Sunseri

Next year...next year. :wink:

That's all there is to say.

Intel i9 12900K, Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z690-A Wifi D4, GSkill 32gb, RTX 4090

Regards Chris Kathi

Among many others, these are the most annoying:

- ILS error when selecting an approach

- Fuel prediction has issues, sometimes we have an insufficient fuel message when fuel is more than ok.

- Sometimes there are overshoots in turns. Also ND drawing doesn't seem to be as accurate as on the 737 (this might be me)

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

1: Make your own Cold & Dark panel state if it's such a big need. 

2: I don't see that - so can't confirm. Should check your graphics settings...

3: I've been able to see them ever since I got the first beta build in August. Do you have "ground flashes during dawn/day/dusk" selected in the PMDG Options?

4: This can be fixed by going to PROG page 2 - select the TOTALIZER fuel (LSK6). 

- Fuel prediction has issues, sometimes we have an insufficient fuel message when fuel is more than ok.

- Sometimes there are overshoots in turns. Also ND drawing doesn't seem to be as accurate as on the 737 (this might be me)

1: Which panel state are you using?

2: See above.

3: That's because LNAV isn't perfect - the real LNAV that is. 

Don't need the B744 V2, stay current (B744 is in the retirement mode) with the real world aviation by looking into the B748 V2, a nice B737MAX and maybe 5 years from now B777X.

Since another company is doing a B787, PMDG can design a similar 787 cockpit concept for the MAX and 777X.

Besides..the PMDG777 (LR and 300er) that we have now will keep our hobby busy for the next few years.

Kin M.

(Klax)

I wish I could still fly my 777.  Alas, the thing is so riddled with bugs that it's completely unusable... :rolleyes:

There are issues.  No software in the history of software has been released without issues.  At least none of the actual issues (those not caused by user misconfiguration, or misconception) are show stoppers.

1. Cold & dark panel state produces mystery Caution light
  2. Often times the external views are skeleton-ized (if that's a word)
  3. Can't see flashing strobes on ground like with the 737 NGX
  4. Often get "insufficient fuel" and "fuel imbalance" alerts on a second leg, even when everything is in check

1. Acknowledged issue, but definitely not a show stopper.  Heck, it's rare to find a 777 cold and dark anyway (disclaimer, because I know someone is going to be all "well technically..." : yes, the Fs are more frequently in this state).  Either way, it's not preventing you from using it, or creating your own.  Heck, there are tons of add-ons out there that don't even use panel states and people love them.
  2. That's most likely a hardware or settings issue on your end.  HIGHMEMFIX is my first thought.
  3. See above.  I've seen them since the beta.  If you're talking about from the cockpit, this isn't the NGX.  You're sitting much farther ahead of the wing in the 777.
  4. Acknowledged issue, but again, not a showstopper.  Follow the ECL guidance and the issue will be gone.

1. ILS error when selecting an approach
  2. Fuel prediction has issues, sometimes we have an insufficient fuel message when fuel is more than ok.
  3. Sometimes there are overshoots in turns. Also ND drawing doesn't seem to be as accurate as on the 737 (this might be me)
  1. That's either the acknowledged issue with the C/D panel state, or your settings (remember that the FSX navdata is something like a decade old, while the 777's is current, depending on your upkeep of it), so that ALIGN TO FSX CRS setting is ever important, unless you're sure your AFCADs are all recent.
  2. Check your route to ensure that there aren't any mis-typed legs.  Ensure wind entries are in there.  Ensure that you've actually, properly entered a valid RSV value.  You can have plenty of fuel for the flight, but if you use a bad RSV value, it'll give you that message the whole flight.  Unless you can provide a specific scenario, I'm going to chalk that up to user error.  I've rarely, if ever, come across an INSUF FUEL message, and when I have, it's because I planned fuel tightly.
  3. The real plane isn't perfect, either.  If you're flying something like the ILS 1R to IAD on the CSN transition, you're not going to intercept that perfectly.  There's a reason controllers are taught, and expected, to put you on an intercept of 30 degrees or less when transitioning you from vectors to navaids.

Kyle Rodgers

I'll maybe change to FSX in the next time...does someone know if there will be a 2D panel available for the new V2 of the B747?

As FS2004 user it's usual for me to fly my Ifly/Fokker with 2D panel :)

Greetings Eddi :smile:

(...)

In the flawed C&D state all three receivers (ILS, NAV1, NAV2) are "frozen" with manual entries. Delete those entries, and your autotuning comes back.