Sign in to follow this  
LarryImler

quick question on FS Global 2010 FTX Compatible

Hay guys,

I was thinking of getting fs global, already have ftx global and vector. So I was wandering if I install fs global 2010 last, will it mess up ftx global and vector. Reason Im asking is it would seems to me that you would want to install fs global 2010 first, not last.

I have FTX Global and Vector and recently installed FS Global FTX edition mesh with no problems.  The installer will automatically place the scenery library entries in the correct locations.  No need to move anything in the scenery library.  Very easy.  Just be sure you have plenty of free space on your hard drive since it takes up 23GB of space!

John Pipilas

Win 10 ​- i7 2600k CPU - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU 

ok guys I downloaded fs global 2010 but get this error "Same volume cannot be used as both the source and destination". I tried to redownload the files and get the same error. I also tried to find Pilots fourm and that's even hard to find.

any of you guys have an idea couse im at a loss.

ok guys I downloaded fs global 2010 but get this error "Same volume cannot be used as both the source and destination".

Yeah, you can't use 7Zip or OS Zip ... you have to use WinZip (free trial).  I brought this up to developer but they claim it's the distributors issue ... so need to bring it up with them.

Yeah I tried winrar didn't work. I did email flight sim store haven't heard back from them yet but when I get home I will try the other.

Yeah I tried winrar didn't work. I did email flight sim store haven't heard back from them yet but when I get home I will try the other.

I have some related questions that I need some help with:

According to the Pilot's site: "If you want high resolution, you need FS Global 2010 plus FS Global Ultimate - The Americas. This is because FS Global 2010 does not cover Canada. Thus you need The Americas. If you want highest possible resolution, you need the complete FS Global Ultimate series."

So where can I order the complete FS Global Ultimate series from?  The Pilot's site does not give US dollar amounts.  Is there a place to order this in the US?

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Well, I wouldn't get it from the flightsim store, I'm having nothing but problems so far but you might want to check simmart or fspilot shop ,but if you got ftx global installed I'm pretty sure your gonna want the fs global 2010 ftx compatable one and as far as I know fs global 2010 covers the whole world.

But u might want to wait for someone else to chime in that has more experience on the matter, as you see I just got a myself and haven't been able to install it.

According to the Pilot's site: "If you want high resolution, you need FS Global 2010 plus FS Global Ultimate - The Americas. This is because FS Global 2010 does not cover Canada. Thus you need The Americas. If you want highest possible resolution, you need the complete FS Global Ultimate series."

FS Global 2010 - FTX version   does include a quality mesh for Canada...

Features:

• (FS-Mesh- and sourcedata in 9m resolution!) for Hawaii (complete) and the southwest of the US, south of 38°N and west of 108°W (ca. Mesa Verde -> Point Reyes)
  • High Quality Coverage of North America (and p.Canada!): nationwide LOD11 (19m)
  • Greenland, Iceland and Scandinavia in LOD 9 (76m; standard SRTM resolution)
  • additional high resolution areas in Europe in LOD11 (19m): High Tatra, Scottland, Hardangervidda (Norway)
  • huge areas in the north of Russia in LOD9
  • Antarctica in LOD8
  • sophisticated new algorithm for correct views of ridges and peaks (most of them should have been higher and will now be nearer to actual value)
  • new algorithm for reducing irrelevant data for higher data compression
  • new algorithm for finding and correcting errors
  • Airport-Patches for prominent problem areas

I have FS Global 2010 X, FS Global Ultimate X Europe-Africa, FTX Global base Pack and Vector. Do I need to buy FS Global 2010 FTX compatible?

Francisco Mateos

FS Global 2010 - FTX version   does include a quality mesh for Canada...

Thank you!

It can be really difficult to know what product will give the best results. From what you posted, it looks like FX Global 2010 - FTX version is what I need. I only live an hour from Canada, so also having a better mesh for Canada is important to me.

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE