Sign in to follow this  
FSX767

Keyboard Commands will not save after powering down sim

Hello All,

I use personalized Keyboard Commands to quickly pull up different panels like "TAB+O" for overhead panel or "TAB+F" for FMS1.  This works great during the sim to quickly pull different panels without having to mouse over the specific points to pull up the panels.  However, these saved keyboard commands will not save the next time I power up the sim.  I save these keyboard commands by going to:  Add Ons, PMDG & SAVE.  I even tried to save the keyboard command state by using the FSX save, which saves everything but the editied keyboard commands.  Anyone have any ideas or thoughts what Im doing wrong or ommiting? Thanks in advance for your help.

Christopher

Anyone have any ideas or thoughts what Im doing wrong or ommiting?

You have to run the sim as an administrator or they won't save.  I'm 99.999999% sure that's your issue.

To self quote myself endlessly because this pops up so much:

To grant yourself admin rights to your folders, navigate to the Microsoft Games folder on your drive and:
Right click on the Flight Simulator X folder:
Select Properties
Select the Security tab at the top
Click on the Users account in the Group box
In the Permissions box, check the box Full Control
Click OK
This grants you (a User - 
Tron reference?) and the programs you use in that folder admin rights to the folder. Essentially, what is happening is the computer is writing the changes (your key assignments) to a 'ghost' (Compatibility Files) folder, which the PMDG Options panel ignores the next time you run it. Using admin rights writes those changes to the actual file, not a file in a 'ghost' folder. As a quick note, if you have problems with any other program (especially when it comes to settings not saving, etc), you should grant admin rights to the program's location first before trying other things. UAC has its place in Windows, but it ends up being a bear if you don't know how to keep it in check.

...also, right click your FSX icon

Select properties

Click on the compatibility tab

Check the Run as Administrator box

Click OK.

Kyle Rodgers

I have same problem, tried your solution above and ran through entire Tutorial #1 flight without freezing.

Thank You, seems like a fix :-)

Thank You, seems like a fix :-)

Welcome - glad you got it sorted!

Kyle Rodgers