Sign in to follow this  
raymar

Eaglesoftdg just announced the Citation XLS+ is their newest project

This is outstanding news. Just imagine a current production Citation with the 4 panel Rockwell Collins ProLine 21 avionics package with Eaglesoftdg quality running in FSX and maybe P3D. I think I will buy myself a beer.

Cheers,

Ray

citation_xls+_ext01_800x640.jpg

citation_xls+_800x640.jpg

Capture_xls+_800x.jpg

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Oh Ray... hehe.... me and you both!  XLS+ with PL21 (aka navigraph support!)  Bring it on now!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Oh Ray... hehe.... me and you both!  XLS+ with PL21 (aka navigraph support!)  Bring it on now!

Yep, this one has it all. 440Kt cruise, 1850 NM range, FL450, 0.75M and can use all those 3,500 foot runways. It has the new LED large panels, dual FMS, and a real honest to goodness Flight Control Panel with all the AP functions just under the glareshield. And it doesn't have 3 rows of 50+ flashing idiot lights that nobody actually knows what they mean. Instead it has real world English crew alert warnings on the MFD.

And did I mention this is the one where Cessna finally got away from the Rhino inspired nose. This one has the modern nose borrowed from the sovereign.

It is not certified for single pilot though so we are going to have to talk to FS2Crew about a support package.

I'm excited.

Flying Magazine has a nice long article on the XLS+ AAA Rated +

http://www.flyingmag.com/pilot-reports/jets/aaa-rated-plus

Ray

The Pro Line 21 in the XLS+ is a WAAS-enabled avionics system. This is something Navigraph doesn't support, so why would you want to use a database that limits your possibilities?

I realize everyone absolutely loves the fact that a single subscription to Navigraph covers everything that uses it, but the more advanced avionics systems truly require more than any Navigraph database has to offer. As one that makes training systems, I'm speaking honestly... Navigraph just isn't enough for accurate avionics these days.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Sounds cool. Though I think I need to fly the CX 2.0 a little more before I get excited about something else. In the 2-3 years I've had the addon, I could probably count with my hands the number of times I've flown it. Corporate/bizjets just don't click with me for some reason.

The Pro Line 21 in the XLS+ is a WAAS-enabled avionics system. This is something Navigraph doesn't support, so why would you want to use a database that limits your possibilities?

I realize everyone absolutely loves the fact that a single subscription to Navigraph covers everything that uses it, but the more advanced avionics systems truly require more than any Navigraph database has to offer. As one that makes training systems, I'm speaking honestly... Navigraph just isn't enough for accurate avionics these days.

Yep, exactly. I forgot to mention all those new LPV approaches should be available in this one.

Regards,

Ray

Sounds cool. Though I think I need to fly the CX 2.0 a little more before I get excited about something else. In the 2-3 years I've had the addon, I could probably count with my hands the number of times I've flown it. Corporate/bizjets just don't click with me for some reason.

Just the opposite with me. My clicker sounds like a buzz saw tonight. B)

Ray

Yep, exactly. I forgot to mention all those new LPV approaches should be available in this one.

"Corporate/bizjets just don't click with me for some reason"...

Just the opposite with me. My clicker sounds like a buzz saw tonight. B)

Ray

Ed knows systems so when he states a level of detail you can take it to the bank that Navigraph DB doesn't provide the basis for WASS/LPV.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Ed knows systems so when he states a level of detail you can take it to the bank that Navigraph DB doesn't provide the basis for WASS/LPV.[/]

I hope that doesn't mean that WAAS and LPV approaches will not be available in the ES XLS+.

Maybe NavDataPro should be the supporting nav data update supplier. Their data is used by rw Pro Line 21 systems all over the world,

Regards,

Ray

Very nice though I would rather see a CJ4.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Can't wait to see what ESDG pumps out with this one... It's nice to see them going public with development announcements again. Seems like they have been pretty mute for the last few year (you never know what it going on behind closed doors!)

Needless to say, I'm pretty stoked. I have a soft spot for bizjets... Looking forward to this one.

Ed knows systems so when he states a level of detail you can take it to the bank that Navigraph DB doesn't provide the basis for WASS/LPV.

I hope that doesn't mean that WAAS and LPV approaches will not be available in the ES XLS+.

Maybe NavDataPro should be the supporting nav data update supplier. Their data is used by rw Pro Line 21 systems all over the world,

Regards,

Ray

Since the NavDataPro product is literally just another vendor pumping out the same identical database format, even they can't support WAAS.

There was this discussion of Navigraph/NavDataPro databases in a thread regarding the Mindstar Aviation 430/530... and I tried to explain then why Mindstar didn't go with Navigraph/NavDataPro (aside from the fact it's not valid for training)...

The database Mindstar uses for their 430/530 is ~350MB in size, compared to a Navigraph database of ~150MB in size. If it's "all the same", ask yourself... why such a significant difference in size? :smile:

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Regards,

Ray

Very nice though I would rather see a CJ4.

regards,

Joe

Ray, they'll be included. RealNAVData is a DB which supports such implementation.

First, this is an ambitious undertaking at a very high level and will cost accordingly.

Folks ask for such and will now need to step to the plate for what they ask for. B)

Joe, there are plans for a total rebuild of CJ1+ to the same high level.

We will be leveraging the PL21 system in a number of projects going forward.

CJ4 is not on the drawing board at this time. XLS+ and CJ1+ should suffice for now. B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Can't wait to see what ESDG pumps out with this one... It's nice to see them going public with development announcements again.

Seems like they have been pretty mute for the last few years (you never know what it going on behind closed doors!)

Needless to say, I'm pretty stoked. I have a soft spot for bizjets... Looking forward to this one.

Chase, we thank you and all for your support. The last few years have been tough sledding on a number of fronts.

The good news is that as old doors close, new ones open so 2014 is a fresh new start for us. Stay tuned and we'll try to satisfy that "soft spot". B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Wait, so the navdata will not be upgrade-able?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |