Sign in to follow this  
stevefromio

Almost Perfect Aircraft Recommendations

I want the most realistic, detailed aircraft for Flight Simulator. I want them to be almost unquestionably the best of the best.

For current commercial jets, I am going to choose the PMDG 737. I am almost certain that this is far and beyond the best product available for this particular airline.

Things don't seem so clear when talking about other aircraft though. Could anyone recommend the following:

as perfect as it can get single-prop (preferably fast)

as perfect as it can get dual-prop

as perfect as it can get bush plane

as perfect as it can get classic commercial airliners from the 40's/50's/60's

Basically just the best.

Thank you so much for your help.

The two planes I bought so far have been a disappointment. I should have gone here to review them first. I bought the Just Flight Comet for $8, and the Corenado's TMB850.

Single Engine Prop:  RealAir Lancair Legacy (it is fast).

Twin Engine Prop:  RealAir Duke 2.0.  A work of art.

Bush Plane:  Aerosoft Twin Otter X.

Don't know about the last category.

Richard P. Kelly

A2A Simulations.  They have everything but the dual-prop.

Civilian Mustang (I don't have it but it comes highly recommended)

Piper J3 Cub (for some reason this is the most fun aircraft I have)

B377 Stratocruiser with Captain of the Ship (not really my style of flying but I love flying it)

Edit: buy one of these to try out, and be sure to get the Accu-Sim package with it.  I'm betting you'll like it enough to buy more.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

If you want the best of the best, I would suggest adding a Reality XP GNS530W to the Duke V2.

It can be used for other airplanes as well, including providing navigation for the TBM..

Bert

As far as the classic airliners, look at Captain Sim. They have the 707, 727, and the 737-200 and the L-1011 tri star.

If you want an Md-80 Maddog has the best ive seen so far.

as perfect as it can get single-prop (preferably fast) - A2A C172 (not fast, but the best GA aircraft ever done for FSX)

as perfect as it can get dual-prop - Razbam Metroliner III, also I'm sure the upcoming Milviz King Air 350 will be great.

as perfect as it can get bush plane - Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended

as perfect as it can get classic commercial airliners from the 40's/50's/60's - A2A B377 Stratocruiser wit COTS, simply the best FSX aircraft ever done in my opinion!

I hear Captain Sim have a so/so track record.

Seems like we have three winners so far:

RealAir Duke 2.0

Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended

A2A B377 Stratocruiser wit COTS

From what I understand so far, AVSIM community prefers PMDG,RealAir, and A2A. Can I assume everything they produce is really, really good?

as perfect as it can get classic commercial airliners from the 40's/50's/60's

Definitely the A2A Captain of the Ship Boeing 377 as listed above for the 50s' category. The Coolsky DC-9-30 package that's available from Flight1 is absolutely amazing if you're into old jets. VOR to VOR navigation, loading, dispatch sheets, and an easy to use NavSim that makes radio navigation a bunch easier.

Kind of a technicality, because it's first flight was March of '69, but if that counts then you could include Flight Sim Labs Concorde X too. It's the best sim of the Concorde available, but get ready for a serious learning curve.

Can I assume everything they produce is really, really good?

A million times yes!

Aerosoft diamond katana20x

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.

Try to avoid any air-/rotorcraft by CaptainSim, JustFlight, Virtavia, NemethDesign, and often Carenado since from what I understand you want to get a fly-by-the-book sort of an aircraft. Those above produce addons with nice visuals only with mediocre systems simulation which will mean more of a headache than enjoyment.

IMHO the absolute winners would be PMDG, A2A, RealAir, FSLabs, Majestic Software, and maybe CoolSky with their latest reincarnation of DC9.

Just my 2 pennies...

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

Regards,

Victor Quebec

As far as the classic airliners, look at Captain Sim

The OP asked for "near perfect",

Captain Sim has never produced anything that was fully completed never mind near perfect.