Sign in to follow this  
Jeff H

FS 9.95 never looked so good.

With a decade to mature, and with all the add-ons, gizmos and gadgets available to us, FS9 looks nothing like how it started out 10 years ago.  FS9 has aged like a fine wine.  Why do we still fly FS9?  Why not?? 

How's your FS9 looking lately??  (Post your screenshots, AVSIM screenshot rules apply.)

Cheers!!  :biggrin:

ovs4.jpg

ip9a.jpg

fkt8.jpg

2ex7.jpg

• Upvote 17

Oh no!  Even a moderator is into this FS9.xxxxxxxxxxxx craze!

.......FYI .......the latest version is only FS9.7351987 ......

Oh no!  Even a moderator is into this FS9.xxxxxxxxxxxx craze!

.......FYI .......the latest version is only FS9.7351987 ......

Oh no!!!  Really!!  Man, that's just bad staff work.  I'll have my people call your people.  

I may be a mod, but I'm an FS nut first, just like the rest of ya.  :lol:

Cheers!!

• Upvote 1

FS 9.1 here, with some small enhancements, involving

sceneries and planes (and flap vortices, thanks Edetroit)...

post-235006-0-64987800-1390483159.jpg

... terrain mesh and textures ...

post-235006-0-69439500-1390483322.jpg

... clouds, weather, sky

post-235006-0-11951800-1390483854.jpg

... AI traffic...

post-235006-0-33570000-1390483916.jpg

... and some funny things...

post-235006-0-88660700-1390484481.jpg

... thanks to all freeware and payware developers who still work for FS2004 as well as to forum members with knowledge and good tips!

Harald

• Upvote 7

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Well I am assuming the thread title is a typo! :)

Nobody got beyond here as far as I know!

Good idea for a thread, I happened to pop some screens while looking through aircraft for the Best Freeware Aircraft for FS9 thread.

I only know of 2 freeware A330's, the POSKY version I have has a really good texture update by Samy Fay:

0w8t.jpg

Like most of the POSKY planes it has a VC if you know where to look for it (in this case largely non-functional eye candy)

bev6.jpg

Just the ticket for a little Far East cruising

6on3.jpg

The other one I have is from Flightcraft, some beautiful elements

qeo3.jpg

I never found the fully-developed version, not sure if it was absorbed into a payware project?

'Twas nicely made...

si6h.jpg

03py.jpg

• Upvote 10

I've never heard of the Flightcraft A330. How good is the model (accuracy, animations, wing flex)? I prefer 2d panels, so lack of VC is not a problem for me.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Here's some old screenshots from around last year. Unfortunately, I go through FS phases due to real life commitments and I'm happy to report that I've been actively flying FS9 for the past few weeks again. I'll definitely take some more screenshots of my upcoming flights:

LFPG -> CYUL:

KhMC5FZ.jpg

vb5WmlB.jpg

ENxdsMK.jpg

OMDB -> HKJK 

BlyRobs.jpg

CYUL -> CYYZ

WCXlmYZ.jpg

All screenshots are unedited.

Yes, I exclusively fly commercial airliners and strive to complete each of my flights in real time. Longest routing I've flown is around 13 hours and 45 minutes using an Emirates A380 from Dubai to Toronto which is also a routing I've flown many times in real life. It's amazing to recreate the flight and just to watch the world change as you fly over several different types of terrain both in real life as well as in the sim.

I cannot do anything like this in FSX unfortunately as I like to see 100% traffic around me. What's the point of flying into Heathrow with rubbish frame rates and 50% traffic? It's one of the busiest airports in the world and I'm certainly glad I can recreate the experience to its fullest in FS9. I don't believe I will ever switch to FSX unless I can get the exact same performance I get from FS9 with all sliders to the right and 100% traffic as well as Active Sky Evolution providing the weather.

• Upvote 8

I've never heard of the Flightcraft A330
Luis, search the library on "Flightcraft" - I see quite a bit of stuff there.

I haven't had time to look into it all, perhaps there are upgrades which complete the model?

I guess this FS9 screenshot thread couldn't go in the 'Screenshot Forum' for all the XP10 hype going on right now.

• Upvote 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I guess this FS9 screenshot thread couldn't go in the 'Screenshot Forum' for all the XP10 hype going on right now.

Very insightful comment there, PREPAR3D v2!  Best you scurry back to the correct forum.

• Upvote 1

Nice shots - folks...

ENB Testing - unedited...

attachment.php?attachmentid=162242&d=139

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 5

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Flying around the Portland area.

KPDX

p2a_zpsabc49478.jpg

Horizon Dash 8 at 9 o'clock.

p1a_zpsdd92d806.jpg

Enroute to Hillsboro

p4a_zpsdf0409a5.jpg

p5a_zps1d68b771.jpg

p6a_zps08a38b2d.jpg

• Upvote 8

Very insightful comment there, PREPAR3D v2!  Best you scurry back to the correct forum.

I still use FS9 allot, don't let the signature fool you.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2