Sign in to follow this  
Jeff H

FS 9.95 never looked so good.

Finally ready for my next video flight. LMML/LOWW

The real weather download dictated very low vis at LOWW which meant immersion busting light cones and triangles…...

…….so I removed them from the model. :Nerd:

Finally ready for my next video flight. LMML/LOWW

The real weather download dictated very low vis at LOWW which meant immersion busting light cones and triangles…...

…….so I removed them from the model. :Nerd:

Totally real!

Yes... except for the "chirp...chirp" so often overdubbed into movie footage, to let you know the aircraft has landed  B) (always wondered how you would hear that from 500m away!)

Wherever I fly north of the equator at the moment, you can barely see beyond the wingtip! Is everybody huddled up in their igloos??

Quite strange, while sitting at a computer in 28degC at 70% humidity, at 10PM.

There was discussion a while ago about removing those light triangles from AI... I wonder if anyone ever achieved a do-able solution...

Totally real!

Thankyou Sascha.

There was discussion a while ago about removing those light triangles from AI... I wonder if anyone ever achieved a do-able solution..

Many thanks to RJ for all his help.  :hi:

But how the heck do you fly that thing? I can't make sense of ANY of those gaugues

It's all much the same as any aircraft…...

fsscr160_zpsvst8ngod.jpg

……or were you thinking of the APU, Air-conditioning and Pneumatics panel?  :BigGrin:

edit* even that is very much the same it just looks unfamiliar.

fsscr187_zpsnoj5cizh.jpg

So make the turny thing wind clockwise, the other one anti-clockwise and keep the other needles steady? Perfect!

Don't forget the shot of vodka…….actually it was whisky last night (hot toddys as I have a streaming cold) :Cuppa:  :BigGrin:

Superb panel! I think it's clear that such systems are simulated best with a 2D Panel configuration. (Don't want to offend the VC fans, but... :P)

How does the artificial horizon move in the 76? Western style or eastern (does the background move or the yellow w-shaped indicator like in the Tu-134)?

And what does hide behind the "v polete otkryvatj" (open in flight) box at the FE panel?

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

removing those annoying triangles are a much needed solution for the FS community

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Thanks Ed, looks complicated but will read thru that thread.  Now does it just remove the triangle effect with low vis, or does it also remove the lighting on the plane.  It mentions to have 2 sets of planes. One for low vis and one for normal non fog conditions.

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

How does the artificial horizon move in the 76? Western style or eastern (does the background move or the yellow w-shaped indicator like in the Tu-134)?

Eastern stylee like the Tu-134.

And what does hide behind the "v polete otkryvatj" (open in flight) box at the FE panel?

Ah, that's the refrigerated box for the vodka …necking vodka on the apron is frowned upon (plus the ground crew will probably shop you) but in flight you can do what you like. :Party:

Truthfully I do not know. That part of the panel is different on the IL-76TD-90VD from the IL-76TD and what was the electrical panel in the IL-76TD is now just a metal plate……dunno what's happened to it as I can find so little info on the 90VD. :Nerd:

fsscr189_zpsxvzeavax.jpg

fsscr190_zpsnmcluqf4.jpg

Thanks Ed, looks complicated but will read thru that thread.  Now does it just remove the triangle effect with low vis, or does it also remove the lighting on the plane.  It mentions to have 2 sets of planes. One for low vis and one for normal non fog conditions.

Hello Bill, I confused my self thinking about it.

This is for flyable aircraft.

Get rid of the cones…that's fine

The triangle is unfortunately the landing light in cockpit view….fine in normal conditions but looks terrible in low vis conditions.

If you fly 2D panels like myself you could add a see_self gauge which would switch off the triangle in low vis conditions …. in cockpit view but not spot view.

So if you wish to make videos like me and use spot view or use the VC you will need two models.

Hi Ed, I usually fly 2D flight decks since I only have a certain few that have VC and I cant get rid of the VC (which I dont like).  Just want to remove the the cone and trinagle for at least my AI traffic, but also my flyable planes.  I do have shockwave lights installed on 95% of my flyables and ai planes.

Hi Ed, I usually fly 2D flight decks since I only have a certain few that have VC and I cant get rid of the VC (which I dont like).  Just want to remove the the cone and trinagle for at least my AI traffic, but also my flyable planes.  I do have shockwave lights installed on 95% of my flyables and ai planes.

It is quite a big job Bill. I would start with your flyable aircraft (always backup)