Sign in to follow this  
pmanhart

Alabeo Cutlass RG

Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere yet, but the Alabeo Cutlass RG is released for $23. Who's going to take the jump and post some first impressions?

http://www.alabeo.com/index.php?accion=product&correl=99

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

The quick answer after a mere 15 minutes of flying - flies great, sound is acceptable, and the model/textures are beautiful. I do not like the tilted logo badges on the yokes, and as of last night, vc shadows do not work in DX10.

Time to make a black dash cover...

Thanks!

First post?

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "The Prepar3d General Forum" to "C172RG Cutlass II for FSX/P3D". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Why don't we have an Alabeo section yet? They've released quite some aircraft so far.

EDIT: Damn, just noticed that this was moved in the Alabeo section. When was that created?

So far my only disappointments are the navigation and strobe lights being weak.

But that could be a P3D2 issue and not the Cutlass.

Russ

Many may fly and some are rewarded

handsomely, but the wings of gold of a

United States Naval Aviator mean more

than flying. It is dearly bought, requires

sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

I like short-notice and no-notice releases for favorite aircraft. I didn't see it coming, but will add to my small list of purchases to make today. After I install to P3D2 I will see how my nav and strobe light appear.

Keith

Keith Guillory

I actually looked for an Alabeo section and couldn't find one earlier.

13.jpg

Does anyone know if this comes with a native Prepar3d v2 installer?

Thanks, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Good question Michael, though I'd assume it does since it doesn't specify P3D V1 on the product page.

13.jpg

I just bought it, yes it has a 3-way FSX/P3D1.4/P3D2 installer. I installed it into P3D2 so far, beautiful modeling as expected, VC shadows work fine in P3D2. The lights do seem a little weak, I think I'll add some effects to the aircraft.cfg for the strobes anyway. Seems easy on frames in spite of plenty of 2048 HD textures, pretty much seeing 33 locked at 33 all around an Orbx airport. Seems a little wiggly on yaw but my joystick is garbage, my null zone setting keeps reverting to "0", and I've been flying a hybrid Carenado Skyhawk with the old FS9 RealAir FDE which is almost too easy to fly. Only one quick hop around the patch so far so too early to tell. Seems to have just one interior color, kind of a beige/brown for all variants. I was hoping for a burgundy interior to go with the N694NS variation which is maroon & gray but maybe someone will do an interior repaint one day. Same pilots we've been looking at for a few years now, those gents do get around, lol.

alabeo_cutlass02.jpg

alabeo_cutlass01.jpg

Jim

Thanks Jim. To anyone who's interested, there's also a good writeup with lots of pics over at AirDailyX.

13.jpg

Nice looking aircraft.  I wasn't familiar with this company's releases, I will have to check out their other aircraft.  It's a very reasonable price for an add on aircraft with such visual richness.

John

I was tempted initially, but wondered if A2A have ruined it for any other C172. I suspect they have. Retractable gear? :unsure: No, I think I'll pass.

But then I am given to moments of 'What the heck!' :rolleyes:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.