Sign in to follow this  
NRiese

PMDG 747 questions

Hi guys!

I just bought the PMDG 747-400x. I have some questions for you most regarding the FMC.

1. Where can I find my CG and GW? In the iFly 737 that I usually fly there is a configuration manager telling me, but in the PMDG 747 configuration manager I can only see ZFW and Takeoff Weight or something, is that the GW? And again, what about CG?

2. Everytime I enter waypoints in the FMC it says "invalid entry". Example:

EGKK SAM1X SAM L620 GIBSO UN514 DIDEL UL149 MERLY UL22 MOPAT DCT MALOT N54W020 N55W030 N54W040 N52W050 CRONO DOTTY N162B TOPPS J581 ENE ENE.OOSHN2 KBOS

It says "invalid entry" when I get to "L620". It works fine if I say for example "SAM DCT GIBSO DCT DIDEL". What's wrong here?

I hope you guys can help me!

- Nikolas

What version AIRAC do you use? L620 may not exist anymore if you are current or vice versa.

Been so long since I flew the 744 ( my mind is now Airbus) CG should be displayed on the take off performance page. GW is just the ZFW +fuel, it will be displayed on your EICAS and the perf page in the FMC

Hmmm, time to check the FCOM, I have forgotten so much. I suggest you do the same, it is all provided with the product you purchased.

If you want a realistic tool that is used on laptops in the flightdeck - http://secure.simmarket.com/topcat-take-off-and-landing-performance-calculation-tool.phtml

Regards

Rob Prest

Possible the data shipped with the plane is 6 years old so would be best to purchase the new data?

Well, I have no idea what to do right now :S

I don't see the CG anywhere either..

Open the FMC manual and do a search fo "CG"

It will tell you there are two numbers, CG and CRZ CG. The one you want to find is displayed on the Takeoff REF page.

Peter Schluter

I found it, thank you! I think the Nav Data isn't up-to-date. I can't find the STAR ENE.OOSHN2 either. How do I update the nav data?

And the display above the throttle that's showing engine etc, the FS2Crew does so it become black with nothing on it. Isn't there a way where I can turn it back on manually?

FMC Take off ref page & Perf init page.

Read the training documents that come with the aircraft. In the sim you should be able to right click the LSK. As suggested previously, if you want more realism use TOPCAT to obtain your performance data.

Edit - lower EICAS is normally blanked out when not in use. Yes you can switch it on, instructions on how to do it are in the manuals.

To update Navdata visit Navigraph.com

Rob Prest

Got to the navigraph website and buy the current navdata cycle.

Pls. note that you can't redownload that cycle again, as soon as a new cycle becomes available. So:

• download all formats you may need (not just the PMDG format, but also any other format that may fit your other planes, VoxATC, or whatever purpose)
  • make a backup of those data sets once downloaded

Damn - I just downloaded the latest cycle, but it doesn't work. Still comes up with the "Invalid Entry". I'm not sure if I've purchased it correctly. It says: "PMDG (All products) - 1401 rev 3" I'm not sure I understand how this works at all. I bought the cycle for 5 euros, and it just said thank you for downloading. I downloaded the manager and it said "Ready to update", but it said that not only for the PMDG but also for the Airbus X and iFly 737. What can I do next?

I load the PMDG 747 with British Airways livery, do I need to load the default first? Will a reinstall fix it? I have no idea what to try out now :-(

Download and update whatever you can grab right now. (I forgot about the latest navigraph "manager", my bad.)

There's only one format for PMDG so the one you were advised of is the correct one.

You can browse to the PMDG navdata folder to do an additional check whether the update was successful, but this should not be necessary under normal conditions.

Load the PMDG aircraft like you're supposed to do:

• start FSX
  • wait for the default trike appearing in the 'Fly Now!' screen
  • get into your flight situation with the default trike
  • change to your PMDG aircraft

The folder in the NavData Manager is currently set to /PMDG/NavData

Is this the right folder?

Good. Before it was automatically set to /FSX folder only. Now it is FSX/PMDG/NavData I'll let you know if it works

Nope, it doesn't work. Still invalid entry. I enter the ref airport and go the route page. First I enter DCT SAM and a blue line shows up on the main panel. After that I enter the next waypoint "L620" and it comes up with the "Invalid Entry". When I enter "SAM" it gives me 5 different waypoints. I've tried L620 with every waypoint, but it doesn't work. I don't know if it's the right folder either, it is FSX/PMDG/NavData. Does it have to be only FSX/PMDG?I hope you can help me :/- Nikolas

The Navigraph manager gives me the opportunity to "Show access code for Airtrack, SimBrief, OnlineSim.org or Virtual Dispatch online. Has this something to do with it?

It works now! The Navdata config manager installed into the wrong folder. Tried to install it into PMDG/NAVDATA which didn't work either. It worked just to install it into the PMDG main folder.

Thank you for your replies guys! Really appreciate that :)