Sign in to follow this  
NickFlightX

DC-6

I believe it's being worked on now, but it probably won't release until after the 744V2. Can't wait :smile:

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Possibly, what harm would there be on updating us PMDG?

-Iain Watson-

DC6??? Surely not!! So many more things PMDG need to focus their amazing efforts upon! Like a decent, accurate, PMDG special 757 or 767. Or a 747-200. Now that would be epic.

Loooove PMDG aircraft so much though that even if they did a DC6, I'd still buy it. :P

------

John Price

DC6??? Surely not!! So many more things PMDG need to focus their amazing efforts upon! Like a decent, accurate, PMDG special 757 or 767. Or a 747-200. Now that would be epic.

Loooove PMDG aircraft so much though that even if they did a DC6, I'd still buy it. :P

------

John Price

757 not happening.  Search function for why.

767 not happening.  See above.

742 also not happening.  See above yet again.

DC6 actually happening...

• Upvote 2

Kyle Rodgers

I can't be bothered Kyle I believe you. I was just being facetious really. PMDG are the very, very best out there and I would buy anything they sold without a doubt.

John Price

I can't be bothered Kyle I believe you. I was just being facetious really.

haha - having seen so many actual requests similar to what you were suggesting, I couldn't be sure.  I'd kill for any of those (specifically the 757/767), but alas, it's just the DC6 (which will also be a cool plane in its own right).

Kyle Rodgers

:lol: know what you mean kyle hehe

The problem is that apart from one other company who recently made a very good propeller aircraft, PMDG are the only ones as far as I am concerned who have ever created really excellent flight sim addons that behave like the real aircraft, look like the real aircraft, sound like the real aircraft and have failures like the real aircraft. That is why you get so many saddos on here who argue with and question every PMDG decision and badger the managers for release dates etc. - because as flight simmers, we know the only absolute guarantee of superb, immersive simulation has the letters PMDG on it. I just thought it was a bit weird to simulate a fairly obscure aircraft, very few of which remain in service and which has not been manufactured for 55 years when there are very, very popular aircraft out there absolutely begging for the PMDG touch.

HOWEVER: just to reiterate, I will buy anything that has PMDG on it and whilst I do not have a girlfriend or a hugely rock'n'roll lifestyle, I have more of a life than to argue with people and badger people on forums/managers of PMDG. I am excited to bursting point about the new PMDG 747 (perfect for my virtual airline flying) and I'm sure the DC6 will be lovely.

John Price

Am I the only one on this forum who is more excited for the fire-spitting DC-6 than for the 777 and 747V2?  :P

And if I recall correctly, Rob mentioned during his presentation in Munich some years ago that they are working on one more secret project besides the new 747-line of products and the classic DC-6 - and I can't really think of anything having heard that the 757/767 and older airliners are not happening. My guess would be the 787 but that'd be too easy wouldn't it?

• Upvote 2

Accoding to WIki, there are 52 777-200LRs in service and there are 47 airworthy DC-6s....roughly the same 'obscurity'  :lol:

Speaking of 'obscure' I bet I wouldn't be the only once who would go nuts if PMDG chose to do a Beechcraft Starship :wub:

• Upvote 1

Yes but rather more 777-300ER and 777 freighters so all in all, the 777 was a perfectly relevant and understandable choice. Also at my VA they allow the LR to substitute the -200. The DC6, on the other hand, not quite as pertinent.

Maybe some VAs will create a 'classic' department and allow their pilots to time travel and experience the fun of flying the old props and jets B)

• Upvote 1

Obscure is relative. At the time, there were aircraft design evolutions rolling out of the factories constantly, both in the civil and military spheres. The DC-4 thru DC-7 are an example of that. Stuff just wasn't designed with a 20 year production run in mind.

Every route I fly with the NGX I eye up for a DC-6 run. I'm really looking forward to it. And I hope that the PMDG version evolves into. -7C as the real one did!

Mike

• Upvote 3