Until yesterday all was fine, but suddenly, when I advance my X52 throttles, the reversers deploy - plus the spoliers come up in a number of aircraft. I amusing (EDIT: I am using.. 'amusing' is hardly the word for this annoyance!) the same profile as always, but has something gone wrong with the Z axis (throttles)? When i look in the control panel/deadzone, I see this:

post-110788-0-98791300-1390669027.jpg

When I then twitch the throttle forward, that changes to this:

post-110788-0-78476100-1390669034.jpg

As I open the throttles, the red line moves left and is at the extreme left when I have full throttles. Is that how it should be? (The mouse also moves off-centre, but that's not an issue right now..).

I notice that the throttle levers 'twitch' in the aircraft as I start to apply thrust.

Can anyone please help me fix this?

Thanks,

Martin

The problem with your throttle axis looks like wear and tear on the 'pot' which feeds the throttle lever's position to the electronics of the X52.  There is no fix for this other than to clean the pot in question with electronics cleaner/lubricant such as http://www.amazon.com/Hosa-Cable-Deoxit-Contact-Cleaner/dp/B00006LVEU/ref=pd_sbs_auto_3 (some claim WD40 works fine but I can't recommend it).   Unfortunately this requires that you must take apart the throttle to get to the pot; cleaning it is simply a very quick spray of the cleaner into the open slot on pot's side. I've done this with my X52 with excellent results.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

Thanks - I probably will have to do that one day (there are videos on YouTube as far as I recall). But in this case, removing all FSUIPC axis settings immediately cured the problems I was having. I still get the same effect in the X52 control panel though - why is the X axis over to the right at zero throttles? Is that how it is supposed to be?

The normal control panel readback for the X52 at 0 throttle is 100%, as shown in your second snapshot.  Seems like it should be reversed but FSX senses it just fine and does the right thing in the cockpit, without reversing the axis.  My suggestion above talks to getting rid the spiking and jitter you mentioned.  Consider too that when you first plug in your X52, the axis readings may be wonky until you move the axis.  I've crashed many a takeoff because of this.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

Thanks again. The jittering of the throttles fortunately stopped when I removed the FSUIPC control...