Sign in to follow this  
stratfordman10

Clouds only around the aircraft

Currently flying at 7,000 feet with the weather gauge active.

The weather gauge shows me blanket cloud with precipitation below but the clouds shown are just centered around my aircraft with clear sky shown outside of this so I am obviously getting cloud popping as I move forward.

I would have thought that the clouds would be in the distance and moving towards me and of course to the east and west too.

Something does not feel right and I would welcome any observations or comments please.

Michael Broom

Do you actually see any cloud popping?

It would seem that the weather gauge only shows clouds out to the cloud draw distance in higher detail than it shows on the map.  Just think of it as the weather gauge having a limited range.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

HI,

Many thanks for your replies.

I have my cloud draw distance set in the cfg to 12.

I do see some cloud popping and the other phenomenon is the fact that when I fly at a high altitude and my weather gauge shows wall to wall clouds below with various colours of precipitation all I see is the ground features with no weather visible below,only when I say  descend to about 12,000 feet do I see the lower based clouds,really strange.

Any further comments/observations would be appreciated.

Michael Broom

Hi,

Can you reproduce this without ASN running? I mean using fsx manual weather, set up an overcast layer, then slew up to 20000 feet or more and see if the clouds disappear. This issue happens some times when the shaders are not properly cleaned up, or if you use custom shaders that your graphics card doesn't like.

BTW: ASN overrides the cloud draw distance value set to fsx.cfg. Set it through the ASN app (gives you more options). But do this after performing the no-ASN check I propose above.

Thanks,

Kostas Terzides

devteam_bannerA.png

HI,

Many thanks for your reply and help.

Yes, I have tried your proposed action of in slew mode going up to 20,000 feet with manual fsx weather and I get the same result in respect of clouds disappearing etc.

I think you may be right in that it could be a 'shader' issue that is causing the problem but if this is the case then I do not know where to go from here.

I am not sure what custoim shaders are and therefore I do not know if I am using them or not.

However,I would appreciate your continued assistance and should you require any further information about my system etc then please ask me.

Again many thanks for your help.

Michael Broom