Sign in to follow this  
BoeingFan88

FSX Permanently Freezes with PMDG 777

Hello,

I have been trying to complete the tutorial flight, but it seems like everytime I activate the autocruise, time accelearation with the PMDG 777 feature FSX freezes. The last two flights this has happened. Its not a temporary freeze, its permanent. I cant click anything, I cant close FSX out. The only solution is to sign out of my computer thus forcing to FSX close. The times that it has happened has been when I've had the auto cruise, time acceleration feature activated. The second time it froze was almost immediately after I activated this feature. Could there be a connection?

Has anyone had this problem?

Joel

It is, I have Ultimate Traffic 2. But there is no traffic in the area when this has occurred.

It just happened again on my last flight...this time I did not have the autocruise/time compression activated so we can rule that out. It seems to only happen when im in cruise. I haven't tried to wait around for 5 or 10 minutes to see what happens next. The sound is still there, but you cant get FSX to do anything. Complete unresponsiveness.

Just curious - is AI traffic on when you see this happen?

Hello Ryan,

I had a freeze last night halve way with my flight from EHAM-LOWW with AI traffic on at 40%!

For some reason this was on by mistake because I always fly with AI off!

Just wanted to report this to you.

Regards Robert

OK I have some new info:

It seems that this is the same problem a lot of people have been reporting. FSX will freeze for almost 10 minutes, then unfreeze but the fuel will be used up as if it had never frozen. Then 2 minutes later it freezes again. I turned some of my slider settings down to see if this would help, but it still occurred. I had my AI traffic down to 10% or so. I don't see how AI could cause this with a setting so low and no AI in the area.

I tried some of the suggestions mentioned in the other forum but this did not work. I don't have FSUIPC so that's not the issue.

Ryan do you have any ideas? I pray that you guys will find some kind of fix with the update that's going to be released because I don't think I can fly this until it gets resolved :(

Hello Ryan,

I had a freeze last night halve way with my flight from EHAM-LOWW with AI traffic on at 40%!

For some reason this was on by mistake because I always fly with AI off!

Just wanted to report this to you.

Regards Robert

Which addon AI are you using ? UT2, MTX 5.4C, Aerosoft My Traffic, WOAI ? 

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I posted this at another FSX Freezing thread as well.....

While investigating my own CDTs and freezes I came across some info I was not aware of myself. It is from a very very reliable source!)

If you use Nvidia Inspector 1/2Vsync....possibly with bufferpools and FFTF in the .cfg....then try without.

These things can be the cause of CTD and freezes when you use complex aircraft addon especially during accelerated flight.

So try:

delete (and back up) your current .cfg

open FSX.

set all sliders as required.

close FSX.

enter only Higmemfix (and Wideviewaspect if you use widescreens) in the .cfg

then

Change Nvidia Inspector from 1/2Vsync to "Vsync - force on"

Now test.

Rob Robson

Which addon AI are you using ? UT2, MTX 5.4C, Aerosoft My Traffic, WOAI ? 

Hello Julian,

WOAI !

Hello Rob,

Already was using this!

Shall try the flight again without traffic.

Regards Robert

[quote name="VonRondstadd" post="2917410" timestamp=Shall try the flight again without traffic.

Regards Robert

Shall try the flight again without traffic.

Regards Robert

Ok.

When we say "try without AI traffic", does that mean:

-FSX sliders for AI at zero?

and/or

-in the case of Mytraffic, with the Mytraffic entry deleted from the FSX.cfg?

and/or

-with the AI addon completely de-installed?

Rob Robson

When we say "try without AI traffic", does that mean:

-FSX sliders for AI at zero?

That is correct, this is the way I do it, set slider at zero nothing more!

But I can't say something about Mytraffic!

Did my flight today again and this time no problems,

I use different config files for airport settings from where I take off and one for flying at cruise altitude with lower settings in FSX.

When I descent to about 11000ft I load the file for the airport where I am landing.

I disable al scenery and airports inside FSX where I am not flying.

Also disable Asia and so on where I am not flying.

I can't say for sure if this was luck but I am mostly flying without problems lately.

Rob do you have a buttkicker with Opus live weather?

I had some really great turbulence effects in my flight today!

Robert

then

Where exactly do you do this? I have Nvidia Inspector but I don't see anything relating to Vsync...nor can I find it in the cfg

Nevermind I think I found it. Inspector sure is intuitive when trying to find the link to all the preference settings :mellow: Seems like mine is on VSYNCMODE_PASSIVE. So try Force on and see what happens? I don't see a setting for 1/2Vsync.

Hello Julian,

WOAI !

Hi Robert, ok thought you might have MTX. Seems your system is sorted.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Nvidia Inspector is something you have to download first!

It is not the same as Nvidias Graphic menu.

If you have a really old driver then you will not find the 1/2Vsync option......eeeeh wait.....or is it;...if you have a really old version of Nvidia Inspector then you will not find 1/2Vsync?

What I am trying to say I guess, is that you need to have both updated to something not older than what....11/2 years or so. (not sure when 1/2Vsync was introduced).

Since you did not have 1/2Vsync as an option, forget it.

It is not the cause of freezes in your case then.

I see now that you are flying from a laptop.

Laptops are more limited in what they can do than tower PCs.

Maybe that is the reason of your problems.

Rob Robson

Just completed the tutorial flight. I just had one freeze for the whole thing that lasted 7 minutes or so. Again it only happens at cruise...I never have a problem in any other phase of flight as others have mentioned. Hopefully this can get resolved with the upcoming service pack. Until then im going to be seeing what other information I can find

I see now that you are flying from a laptop.
Laptops are more limited in what they can do than tower PCs.
Maybe that is the reason of your problems.

I doubt it, it seems too many other people have had the same problem on their tower PC's...some even worse. This is a new gaming laptop that I got in

December. My drivers are up to date and just downloaded Nvidia Inspector. Even without having it on 1/2 Vsync the issue seemed better this time with "force on" selected. Will do more flights and see what happens.