Sign in to follow this  
brucewtb

Strange artifact on new FSX install display

A fresh FSX installation and on loading for the first time I get this compass rose like artifact on the display - can't get rid of it.  Never seen this before.

Suggestions anyone on what I can do about it.  Thanks

Bruceb

post-113215-0-84285200-1391303161.jpg

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Is it the compass pointer for missions. Look to see if you have it turned on in the UI.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Is it the compass pointer for missions. Look to see if you have it turned on in the UI.

Thanks where do I find the setting for this in the UI?

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Not at my computer to see but its in the same part of the UI where you turn thermal visualizations on an off.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I don't think it is the mission compass rose because when in full screen mode this artifact is also on my second monitor which is usually blank.  Also it is still there even with after reverting to a virginal copy of FSX that I saved immediately after installation.  It comes on at the 80% point in the loading terrain process.  Could it be video driver issue?

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

That isn't a compass rose, looks more like a clock, though the tick marks are wrong.

I would bet it has something to do with your video drivers or another program that monitors performance during game play.

Does it do anything when you fly?

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Well I don't think it is the video driver just updated to the latest driver and the artifact is still there.  Beginning to think there is some more deep seated issue with my brand new system.  It might be an activation issue but I did get a confirmation that both FSX and Acceleration were activated successfully during this install.  Bit stumped may have to do a compete re install  of FSX and possibly Win7.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Bit stumped may have to do a compete re install of FSX and possibly Win7.

No need to reinstall. It is the exact compass rose they use so I bet it is Sonic Radar if you have a New system.

I have the latest Motherboard and it came with that app. too.

Just uninstall or deactivate the Sonic Radar software, it is really only good for 3d person shooters.

Rob

"Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it"

Do you have an Asus sound card or onboard sound?

It looks like their Sonic Radar Sound app.

http://rog.asus.com/technology/rog-sound-innovations/sonic-radar/

Thanks mate that was it!  I owe you one -  after installing FSX I have just spent many hours installing all my Orbx stuff and I didn't want to go through that again.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett