•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
Photo
- - - - -

Real World Landing Techniques for the Erj 145 and Embraer E Jet Families

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ryreaves

ryreaves

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Joined 5 Years, 7 Months and 28 Days Ago.

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:29 PM

I hope this is the right forum for this kind of question. Anyways, I was wondering what the exact technique is for these aircraft.  As you may guess I have them in FSX(the Wilco ones) and would like to be as close to reality with procedures as I can. I have had these aircraft for a very long time and never really bothered with figuring out how they really do it. I pretty much just  landed them in a similar way to some of the aircraft I am very familiar with(757's airbuses 737s and so on). Of course this is likely wrong especially for the erj 145,which has no leading edge slats. Anyways, looking forward to some responses about this. 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 KevinAu

KevinAu

Member - 1,000+

• Members
  • 1,883 posts
  • Joined 12 Years, 5 Months and 26 Days Ago.

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:32 AM

There's no unique landing technique for either of them. The 190 has autothrottles while the 145 doesn't. That's the only difference between them. They land just like any other plane. Whether there are slats or not make no difference to the feel of the landing.

Takeoffs however, are a bit different in the 145 from most other planes.

#3 ryreaves

ryreaves

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:57 AM

That's not what I meant. What I meant in particular  is when do you flare these aircraft and when do you cut  the throttles? For instance, a 737 is flare at 30 or 20 and cut the power at 10. While the Q400 is  completely different requiring a flare at 10 then a slight reduction in power. Both of these are real-world and have learned both from asking  pilots after flights on these aircraft. While on the other hand I can't find any info on those two aircraft families(E Jet and ERJ) hence that is why I asked here. 

#4 KevinAu

KevinAu

Member - 1,000+

• Members
  • 1,883 posts
  • Joined 12 Years, 5 Months and 26 Days Ago.

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:25 AM

E190: Begin roundout at 30', which is when the flare cue appears in the HGS. AT retards TLs at this point. Or if AT is off, I retard it as I complete the roundout around 5'-10'.
E145: Begin roundout at 15'-20'. Retard TLs as roundout is completed around 5'-10'.

In both cases, do not allow the aircraft to completely level off, but maintain a slight descent as you complete the roundout to get the wheels to hit the ground.

#5 ryreaves

ryreaves

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 02:56 AM

Awesome thank you. :)

#6 woodreau

woodreau

• Members
  • 223 posts
  • Joined 12 Years, 5 Months and 24 Days Ago.

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:59 PM

On an E145 add: After you bring the TL to idle and the main gear touches, you pull the yoke firmly aft to keep the nose gear from slamming onto the runway.

It's a common first landing experience. Oh smooth greasing the mains on (pretty easy to do) followed by wham! As the nose gear comes down hard.