I hope this is the right forum for this kind of question. Anyways, I was wondering what the exact technique is for these aircraft. As you may guess I have them in FSX(the Wilco ones) and would like to be as close to reality with procedures as I can. I have had these aircraft for a very long time and never really bothered with figuring out how they really do it. I pretty much just landed them in a similar way to some of the aircraft I am very familiar with(757's airbuses 737s and so on). Of course this is likely wrong especially for the erj 145,which has no leading edge slats. Anyways, looking forward to some responses about this.
What's new in the Library
Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
Bargain Hunters Forum
Classified, Want, Swap Ads
AVSIM Team Speak System
Community Links Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide - UPDATED V2!
FSX / P3D Configuration Guide
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- FS2Crew pre NGX Reboot Sale - 25 Percent Off All Products
- TropicalSim Airports 40% off
- Flightstore.co.uk are having a 25% off Sale this Bank Holiday Weekend
- LatinVFR Sale 25% off
- Just Flight Bank Holiday bargain - 60% OFF L-1011 TriStar Professional
- Real Environment Xtreme™ Sale 30% off
- Lionheart Learjet LJ24B 50% off
- Aerosoft Mega Dusseldorf 25% off
- MegaSceneryEarth 20% OFF at SimPlanet
- PILOT'S - FS Global 2010 FTX - 30% off
- WTS:GIGABYTE GTX 770 OC- 4GB
- GoFlight GF-TQ6 Throttle Quadrant on Ebay(UK)
- Cool items for sale: panels, throttle, yoke
- Iris Dynamics Yoke for sale - UK only
- i7-3700k, Gigabyte Z77X-UP7, Corsair Platinums 2133MHZ
- Brand new Corsair water cooler for sale
- Iris Dynamics Control Loading yoke - potential UK sale
- Emuteq gns 530 for sale on ebay
- throttle quadrant for sale
- Goflight GF-166 & GF-46 panels - Ebay - UK
. . .
Real World Landing Techniques for the Erj 145 and Embraer E Jet Families
Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:32 AM
Takeoffs however, are a bit different in the 145 from most other planes.
Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:57 AM
That's not what I meant. What I meant in particular is when do you flare these aircraft and when do you cut the throttles? For instance, a 737 is flare at 30 or 20 and cut the power at 10. While the Q400 is completely different requiring a flare at 10 then a slight reduction in power. Both of these are real-world and have learned both from asking pilots after flights on these aircraft. While on the other hand I can't find any info on those two aircraft families(E Jet and ERJ) hence that is why I asked here.
Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:25 AM
E145: Begin roundout at 15'-20'. Retard TLs as roundout is completed around 5'-10'.
In both cases, do not allow the aircraft to completely level off, but maintain a slight descent as you complete the roundout to get the wheels to hit the ground.
Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:59 PM
It's a common first landing experience. Oh smooth greasing the mains on (pretty easy to do) followed by wham! As the nose gear comes down hard.