I hope this is the right forum for this kind of question. Anyways, I was wondering what the exact technique is for these aircraft. As you may guess I have them in FSX(the Wilco ones) and would like to be as close to reality with procedures as I can. I have had these aircraft for a very long time and never really bothered with figuring out how they really do it. I pretty much just landed them in a similar way to some of the aircraft I am very familiar with(757's airbuses 737s and so on). Of course this is likely wrong especially for the erj 145,which has no leading edge slats. Anyways, looking forward to some responses about this.
The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- Any exciting Labor Day sales for FSX/P3D?
- Milviz Kingair B350i on Pre-Order for $10 Discount
- MegaSceneryEarth 50% off through Labor Day
- EarthSimulations has a big 50% off sale for one week - dl and box
- Airline2Sim Q400 Training half price weekend....
- 25 Percent off at FS2Crew. Coupon Code: SCHOOL2014
- LatinVFR San Juan 20% Off @ Simmarket
- Skyhighsim - 50% price reduction
- Razbam Super Sale! Harrier and Metroliner for $20
- Wing Commander 3 Free until 2 September
- Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Throttle/Joystick set
- FS2004 Add-ons
- For sale RSP TQ
- CH Throttle Quadrant; CH Eclipse; Saitek Combat Pedals
- ASUS Rampage III Formula
- 737 Yoke from Ace for sale
- EVGA GeForce GTX650 1GB Superclocked 01G-P4-2652-KR [SHIPS WORLDWIDE]
- KingWin Lazer Power Supply 1000 Watts with Universal Modular Connectors/3 Way LED Switch/80 Plus Bronze ATX
- Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals
- Attn New or Budget Constrained Simmers
. . .
Real World Landing Techniques for the Erj 145 and Embraer E Jet Families
Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:32 AM
Takeoffs however, are a bit different in the 145 from most other planes.
Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:57 AM
That's not what I meant. What I meant in particular is when do you flare these aircraft and when do you cut the throttles? For instance, a 737 is flare at 30 or 20 and cut the power at 10. While the Q400 is completely different requiring a flare at 10 then a slight reduction in power. Both of these are real-world and have learned both from asking pilots after flights on these aircraft. While on the other hand I can't find any info on those two aircraft families(E Jet and ERJ) hence that is why I asked here.
Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:25 AM
E145: Begin roundout at 15'-20'. Retard TLs as roundout is completed around 5'-10'.
In both cases, do not allow the aircraft to completely level off, but maintain a slight descent as you complete the roundout to get the wheels to hit the ground.
Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:59 PM
It's a common first landing experience. Oh smooth greasing the mains on (pretty easy to do) followed by wham! As the nose gear comes down hard.