I hope this is the right forum for this kind of question. Anyways, I was wondering what the exact technique is for these aircraft. As you may guess I have them in FSX(the Wilco ones) and would like to be as close to reality with procedures as I can. I have had these aircraft for a very long time and never really bothered with figuring out how they really do it. I pretty much just landed them in a similar way to some of the aircraft I am very familiar with(757's airbuses 737s and so on). Of course this is likely wrong especially for the erj 145,which has no leading edge slats. Anyways, looking forward to some responses about this.
What's new in the Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide - UPDATED V2!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- 50% off nearly everything at MV! Three days ONLY!
- Mega sims sale
- Dell 28" 4K moniters on sale for $218 with free shipping
- Ultimate VFR Photoscenery Crazy 75% Off
- What did you buy over the holidays and how do you like it?
- Star Citizen's Limited Ship Sale till Feb 1
- Just Flight Canberra Download
- X-Plane 10 with 50% off on Steam for the next 47 hours
- Flightbeam New Years Sale
- Abacus FS Repaint v2
- Dell U2312HM 23" Monitor
- Trade a GoFlight MCP-Advanced for RP48
- Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital Edition - 1Yr Old
- 737 and Misc Sim parts for Sale
- Anyone got a spare 2500k/sandy bridge Gen2 cpu ?
- Reduced price for Flightbeam KIAD (2nd copy for sale)
- X52 Pro flight controls used $100
- Custom Flight Sim PC For Sale - Upgrade to a faster system now!
- Saitek Proflight Yoke
- ***GAMING PC*** with £1,000 of FSX Addons [UK ONLY]
. . .
Real World Landing Techniques for the Erj 145 and Embraer E Jet Families
Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:32 AM
Takeoffs however, are a bit different in the 145 from most other planes.
Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:57 AM
That's not what I meant. What I meant in particular is when do you flare these aircraft and when do you cut the throttles? For instance, a 737 is flare at 30 or 20 and cut the power at 10. While the Q400 is completely different requiring a flare at 10 then a slight reduction in power. Both of these are real-world and have learned both from asking pilots after flights on these aircraft. While on the other hand I can't find any info on those two aircraft families(E Jet and ERJ) hence that is why I asked here.
Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:25 AM
E145: Begin roundout at 15'-20'. Retard TLs as roundout is completed around 5'-10'.
In both cases, do not allow the aircraft to completely level off, but maintain a slight descent as you complete the roundout to get the wheels to hit the ground.
Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:59 PM
It's a common first landing experience. Oh smooth greasing the mains on (pretty easy to do) followed by wham! As the nose gear comes down hard.