Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

Surprised by Ultimate Traffic 2!

So after two years of looking at MyTraffic 5.4 ugly looking planes (low quality models chosen for better FPS), I scratched my head and started googling about Ultimate Traffic 2. After a day of googling, reading reviews and tons of forums with opinions and perspectives, I took a plunge and bought it! And I must say I'm quite surprised how light on FPS is, with much better quality models/textures and more planes at the gates! Sitting on EDDM runway, without AI - 70fps, with 35-40 AI planes - 55-60fps, amazing. I had similiar results with low quality models chosen in MyTraffic, and with 20-25 AI planes.

Now I must test it further, how dense the sky will be on cruise, how good is coverage for commercial and GA airports. Oh yes, one of the best options I saw in UT2 is that you can select minimum allowable number of frames, and when the FPS drops below that number UT2 will adjust AI traffic density to keep with that chosen minimum FPS, fantastic. But since UT2 is very light on FPS, that option will be useful only in very big airports, such as Heathrow, and bunch of giant USA airports.

Also I heard that AI traffic will be reseted every time you enter some FSX menu, map, flight planning, etc? That's not cool on approches when you are second or third for landing and you must change some graphics detail for example, then you will be first for landing, no planes in front. It ruins some immersion, but what a heck, not everything can be perfect.

I'm really pleased with my purchase. I will not miss MyTraffic Communicator UI at all. B)

• Upvote 1

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Many years with UT2 for me; I've tried other programs, but by far UT2 is the best

Rob

And if you put some (well, a lot) of work in to it, you will have a very complete AI traffic experience that no other option can depict.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

And if you put some (well, a lot) of work in to it, you will have a very complete AI traffic experience that no other option can depict.

You mean adding schedules, airlines, models? Too much work mate.  :lol:

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I love UT2!

Now you will get caught up in the addiction of repainting all of the "Daedalus" paints with the appropriate textures/models...

• Upvote 1

Chris Camp

I love UT2 as well, I only wished they would update the schedules on a regular basis. Get the free powerpack and add UPS and FedEx (both sets on avsim library) for that extra touch. Im able to run it at 85% commercial and 75% GA without any noticeable hit on my system.

Now you will get caught up in the addiction of repainting all of the "Daedalus" paints with the appropriate textures/models...

Is there an easy way to identify the Daedalus aircraft? I cant get the ttools to work and dont want to bog down my pc with something like super traffic board.

To find out which aircraft in schedule has Daedalus livery, just open repaints section in UT2 menu for certain airline and check livery name for each aircraft type. All default named liveries are Daedalus. Personaly, I use UT2 as a tool for creating up to date schedules, using new models such as FAIB, with many quality textures available. it is also convenient to assign limited quantity of unique liveries in fleet, such as retro and skyteam. from what i saw, default UT2 settings give unlimited usage of these ones. It gives realism also.

I have Arlanda X installed from aerosoft. It is a mega airport add-on.

I noticed some AI airliners are in the ground, I can only see their tail popping out of the taxiway surface.

I know this must be some sort of a bug or a glitch, as it does not involve all of the traffic around there.

I have UT2 as well.

Perhaps somebody could tell me or hint me where the problem exactly lies.

I thank you all in advance for your kind help.

Regards,

Peter

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

I noticed some AI airliners are in the ground, I can only see their tail popping out of the taxiway surface.

I would think this is an issue with the order of your airport in the scenery library rather than UT2. Try mving it to the top of the library and see what happens then.

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

Can you compare vas usage between the two at same density? (I don't know if 100% is same in my traffic and ut2). Can you use real world schedules in ut2?

I don't have a framerate problem with UT2, but I definitely do have an annoying "hard stutter" problem at the large airports. What puzzles me is that this was not the case (apart from Heathrow and Gatwick) several months ago, and I am wondering if something in FSX has been "messed up". I was suspicious of the DX10 Scenery Fixer, since this problem seemed to start around the same time that I installed it....

Whatever the case, I am starting to think that a complete reinstallation of FSX is required. Not an enviable task, but it may be my only option.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Oh yes, the Daedalus Myth. :) What's up with it, why it should be replaced? I excluded Daedalus livery in Traffic Options, and that's it. Did I missed something here? :P