Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

Surprised by Ultimate Traffic 2!

I just wish they did an update with new models (787, 748) and up to date liveries. 

Mike Krawczyk

A2A Simulations

I just changed my setting and I think I got a nice fps increase.  I disabled the slider that includes GA, and increased the other slider.  There is more airliners now than on my previous setting and I'm getting better fps.

Does GA hurt fps more than airliners?

Does anyone else only get jets flying at FL350 or FL330? All my UT2 traffic is custom from flight plans online and it seems all the planes cruise at those two altitude in UT2. 

Yep thats all I see too looks great when the TCAS is alight with everyone buzzing about :)

Cheers Josh Cliff

F1 audio environment has passed me by - anyone care to give share a quick overview on it? Does it replace the default 'hairdryer' sounds of the AI?

Of course it does! It has the most immersive and realistic sound pack available. I'm currently sticking with default MyTraffic sounds (which are better than FSX default) because I can alter the volume of AI traffic sounds.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I championed UT2 for years until it became apparent to me that they don't seem to want to expand it. I can understand why - since they're not going to license it for P3D (officially), why put more effort into a product that essentially works?

That being said, I still see UT2 as having tradeoffs or problems that have not/will not be addressed for a variety of reasons, e.g., any new airports or airports with updated ICAO/IATA codes are devoid of traffic, no plans for inclusion of newer aircraft models, no plans to expand textures, questionable if a schedule will be released for 2014, etc.

Anthony Cacciatore

I championed UT2 for years until it became apparent to me that they don't seem to want to expand it. I can understand why - since they're not going to license it for P3D (officially), why put more effort into a product that essentially works?

That being said, I still see UT2 as having tradeoffs or problems that have not/will not be addressed for a variety of reasons, e.g., any new airports or airports with updated ICAO/IATA codes are devoid of traffic, no plans for inclusion of newer aircraft models, no plans to expand textures, questionable if a schedule will be released for 2014, etc.

The UT2 main developer Goodman has left the team some time ago. So we probably won't get any further updates/upgrades. Thats why I prefer MT at this time, hoping that they will rework their models. I also use the option that MT offers to load UT2 models (one simple click if you have both installed).

Harry

• Upvote 2

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I just wish they did an update with new models (787, 748) and up to date liveries. 

its so simple to add 787s from the library it takes about 10 mins tops to download, install and add to the schedules. 

14ppkc-6.png

Well, my experience with UT2 has been mixed. My WOAI traffic seemed to be very sparse for some reason, even at Heathrow on 100%, when it had been very realistic. So I installed UT2. Recently, traffic at Heathrow and other airports is looking sparse, I can't see some airlines that should certainly exist, too. Also, thought fps is broadly similar to WOAI (I'm around 30 fps) I get a frequent littlejump or judder every five minutes of so, but only when UT2 is activated. For now I have switched off UT2 airlines and reinstalled my WOAI. I keep the GA option ticked though, because that is fantastic!!!! I downloaded a load of common ai light aircraft to my folder including ultralights, and UT2 identified them and let me apply them to the traffic system. Kicked out all the Piper Cubs, rlaced them with Cessna 150s, Savannahs, Tomahwaks, Cirrus etc. my GA is very very diverse and believable now, rather than the usual stock GA planes FSX gives you.

I have replaced a bunch of the default UT2 models and have actually seen a FPS increase. This is with airline traffic at 100% and GA traffic at 0%. 

UT2 is one awesome AI program.

One mayor drawback is that you can't enter the FSX menus without reseting UT2 traffic. So if you want to change some scenery settings duo to low fps on approach, every airplane around you will reset to the gates. I can't get over that.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I just accept the low framerate, although I can appreciate the annoyance. It's rare that I go anywhere near the menu options once I have started a flight.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Well, my experience with UT2 has been mixed. My WOAI traffic seemed to be very sparse for some reason, even at Heathrow on 100%, when it had been very realistic. So I installed UT2. Recently, traffic at Heathrow and other airports is looking sparse, I can't see some airlines that should certainly exist, too. Also, thought fps is broadly similar to WOAI (I'm around 30 fps) I get a frequent littlejump or judder every five minutes of so, but only when UT2 is activated. For now I have switched off UT2 airlines and reinstalled my WOAI. I keep the GA option ticked though, because that is fantastic!!!! I downloaded a load of common ai light aircraft to my folder including ultralights, and UT2 identified them and let me apply them to the traffic system. Kicked out all the Piper Cubs, rlaced them with Cessna 150s, Savannahs, Tomahwaks, Cirrus etc. my GA is very very diverse and believable now, rather than the usual stock GA planes FSX gives you.

Yep, way too many Piper Cubs and Mauls in FSX and Ultimate Traffic.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Just wondering if I have missed something with the schedules. Are there no 2014 updates ? I normally download them using the ultimate traffic 2 interface but it's still showing summer fall 2013 , I havnt downloaded a schedule for some time is this why or is it something to do with the release of the ultimate traffic 2013 edition. What's going on with the updates ?