Sign in to follow this  
Kilo60

Any word on SP1...?

IIRC Feb. 4th was mentioned as the final test date for SP1 followed by the relase of same...

Has there been any additional word?

Chris Camp

"We currently feel that we are approximately 2 weeks away from beginning the final test phase for the pending SP1 update to the PMDG 777-200LR/F." Posted on Jan 19th.

Puts it right about the 4th of Feb...?

Chris Camp

"We currently feel that we are approximately 2 weeks away from beginning the final test phase for the pending SP1 update to the PMDG 777-200LR/F." Posted on Jan 19th.

Indeed but you must remember that PMDG time is different to normal time!

To save everybody time I will list the most common replies

1. It will be ready when it's ready

2. You can't rush excellence

3. I know PMDG are working their socks off

4. The service pack is free so you can't expect them to neglect other projects

5. It makes sense to release it at the same time as the 777 300 ER

6 I don't have any problems with the 777 so it must be down to how you configure FSX, your hardware or the other add ons you use

7 FSX is an old programme.

8. If you can't wait patiently for it's release then you should find yourself a new hobby.

It says they were two weeks away from the BEGINNING of the final test phase.  Which is a little like directing someone to the entrance to the exit :)  But there is no elaboration on how long the "final test phase" will be, and what if that lasts months? :)

For me the 777 is flying more than adequately enough for some very engaging flights, so the upcoming SP1 (Whenever it arrives)  Is like frosting on the cake for me :)

David Obando

Home Airport KSFO
System: Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2, Intel I9-13900KS Watercooled, Asus Maximus Z690 Extreme Motherboard, 32 Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600, ASUS RTX 4090 OC Edition, 4Tb NVME m.2 Array (2Tb x 2), Aorus FV43U 43" Display (144Mhz), Corsair Ax1600i powersupply, Marvel AQC107 10Gb Network adaptor, Comcast 1Gb Internet Service, Corsair 7000D Airflow Case 7x140mm, 4x120mm cooling fans.

ap·prox·i·mate·ly

əˈpräksəmətlē/

adverb

used to show that something is almost, but not completely, accurate or exact; roughly.

Tom Moretti

Intel i7-7700k @ 4.8 Ghz - MSI Z270 Gaming M5 - 16GB DDR4-3200 Gskill - Nvidia GTX1080 - Corsair H100i V2 - 500GB Samsung 960 EVO m.2 - Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Yeah that clearly says " approximately 2 weeks away from beginning the final test phase ". Key words to look  at are approximately and beginning of final test phase. Neither say Feb 4th SP1 comes out.

Richie Walsh

I am impressed how persistent people are in their absolutely futile attemps to ascertain any PMDG release date based on vague hints and spurious claims.

Just sit back and relax. SP1, -300ER, NGX SP2 ... all of it will come. Why this impatience?

Dave P. Woycek

APPROXIMATELY

Though, in an effort to add at least some visibility into progress, it's still in internal testing and the wide beta has not yet begun.

(Unless I somehow irritated the team and got mysteriously dropped... :ph34r: )

Kyle Rodgers

When ever PMDG hint/approximate and any date, x3 or x5, then you will be much closer.

simple :) History has shown this you all should know by now. My 777 is flown most days so looking forward to SP1.

If the wider Beta team have not even got it yet, then just stick a pin in the calendar and hope. Sounds like it's at least 4 weeks away from now.

Never mind. Like I said take any "dates" with a huge pitch of salt.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I am looking forward to SP1 when it arrives but far more looking forward to PMDG's update on P3Dv2 compatibility.....

John Pipilas

Win 10 ​- i7 2600k CPU - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU 

Not even in wide bèta.

From 20 november, two and a half months later, to receive such a post from a tester is a true killjoy. That means things are massively delayed after the PMDG update on 20th of November 2013.

This also means it adds around 2 months of extra waiting time, because of a few weeks wide bèta testing, which did not even start yet, which could eventually mean this could take a whole year.

I am enjoying now:

QW BAE 146

PMDG 777-200LR/F

SIMCHECK A300 with FMC

MADDOG MD-80

PMDG 737NGX

PMDG 747 Queen

QW 757

Level-D 767

----------------------------------

To kill my freaking impatience haha mwah  :Cry:

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

This also means it adds around 2 months of extra waiting time, because of a few weeks wide bèta testing, which did not even start yet, which could eventually mean this could take a whole year.

I wouldn't be so hyperbolic...

I mean, as a realist, I generally tend to assume the worst and enjoy the surprise when I'm wrong, but at the same time...a year?  Really?

Kyle Rodgers

I wouldn't be so hyperbolic...

I mean, as a realist, I generally tend to assume the worst and enjoy the surprise when I'm wrong, but at the same time...a year?  Really?

I surely hope it will be released in March :lol:

Better to be pessimistic than optimistic, when it is released it tends to be a surprise and a joyful moment. Just as you state.

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)