Sign in to follow this  
Gavin

New TU-134 with vc

And I can confirm that old repaints work.

Harald

That is good to hear. I had a lot of repaints for the v1.2 model.

Just when I was starting to think we had seen our last really great aircraft model for FS9 along comes this one! WOW!!! I have to say that in the past year or two our Russian friends have given us some of the most outstanding freeware aircraft and sceneries ever!!!

I have to say that in the past year or two our Russian friends have given us some of the most outstanding freeware aircraft and sceneries ever!!!

FS2004 is still very popular for me and even more in the countries east from me. No wonder we get some of the greatest sceneries and planes for our venerable Simulator from Poland, Russia, China...  B)

And now imagine if SCS released their An-24 project with this quality...

P.S. Regarding the 2D panel bitmap of the Tu-134. Does anybody know how to edit it? I did so via DXTbmp (wanted to delete the bort number) but afterwards the panel wasn't displayed anymore. Obviously, it has a very specific format which I didn't match when I saved it after editing.

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Hi,

I made my first flights with the new model today, but experienced almost permanent failures of the electric system.

Everytime I choose the Tu-134 after loading a flight with the stock C172, in the FS2004 Aircraft - failures menue, under systems, the "electric" check box is already checked. If I uncheck it and click on OK, the failure doesn't go away and in the menue the failure is checked again.

How can I prevent this? Or how can I prevent failures at all (at least for the beginning)? It seems that this behaviour is coded into the plane, but I neither found a suspect configuration file nor an application to set this kind of variables.

Thanks,

Harald

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

And a addition to my previous post (can't edit anymore): I found out that these failures have nothing to do with the Tu. They are checked as soon as one turns the battery switch off (at the C172, too). Obviously this is the way FS2004 simulates an off-switched or empty battery.

I'm surprised that FS2004 works this way, and I never had any problem with any plane I flew (even the former Tu-134 versions).

Maybe the Tu-134 v2 has either a very sophisticated or a faulty electrical system (more probably the former). I checked many times that I have connected the four generators to the electrical net and set the two energy transformers, and the voltmeter indicates that the board net has energy. So either there is something wrong with my settings for the electrical net (again: more probably) or with the programming of these systems so that the generators provide not enough energy to load the batteries and to feed all electrical devices.

So after some minutes, my electric systems fail completely and come back to life only sporadically for some seconds or minutes. This may correspondend with an empty battery, indeed.

Perhaps anybody can assist in this problem. For instance: which value must the amperemeters of every single generator show? Or anybody knows a comprehensive english manual for this plane. So far I use a German manual for v.1.0 which describes the panels and has only basic checklists - better than nothing.

Thanks and regards,

Harald

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Again an addendum:

Obviously this model has indeed a glitch within its electrical system. I studied the dedicated thread in the Russian forum at avsim.su - there are many pilots who experience these electrical failures; obviously the generators produce too few energy to feed the system so that it relies ion the batteries alone (and indeed: the amperemeters for the generators show extreme low values, compared with v1.2).

I also read that SCS develops an improved version with new electric and hydraulic systems. Meanwhile there's only the possibility to have unlimited battery energy via aircraft.cfg (to set the entry electric_always_available = 1 within the section [electrical]) or via FSUIPC registered (extend battery to unlimited).

I ask myself if there is a possibility to change this behaviour. I'd like to know where the enery provided by the generators is coded within this model. If it's coded in xml gauges, perhaps there would be a possibility to fix the fault.

Harald

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

What you are experiencing is a known bug. The battery life drains out even on some cases running on APU due it doesn't charge (even does it display it). Fortunately virtually we don't pay for the fuel to start the engines as soon as possible with the requiered procedures.

This has the best VC for FS2004, along with Suprunov Yak-40. Vitamin Tu-154 is excellent too but unfortunately disk crash happened, source was lost and work was halted. There is now an unfinished VC for it.

Printed out the manuals and soon will be in sky with Tu-134 after 600 hours on the Tu-154M

The battery life drains out even on some cases running on APU due it doesn't charge (even does it display it). Fortunately virtually we don't pay for the fuel to start the engines as soon as possible with the requiered procedures.

Hi,

strange enough, in my case it is vice versa: APU generator charges the batteries, but engine generators don't. If I understand the Russian forum correctly, some more users experience this. So flying gets impossible as after some minutes airborne almost all systems needing energy fail. But SCS have - again, if I understand correctly - already announced to rework electrics and hydraulics, so I hope to be enroute with the Tu-134 soon.

Greetings to Belarus!

Harald

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Hi,

strange enough, in my case it is vice versa: APU generator charges the batteries, but engine generators don't. If I understand the Russian forum correctly, some more users experience this. So flying gets impossible as after some minutes airborne almost all systems needing energy fail. But SCS have - again, if I understand correctly - already announced to rework electrics and hydraulics, so I hope to be enroute with the Tu-134 soon.

Greetings to Belarus!

Harald

Actually the same happened to me and other people. The engines didn't charge the battery. And we had Cessna cold and dark and switched off everything. After engines off, battery off, avionics off we loaded the Tu-134A-3. And guess what? Engine generators refused to charge the batteries with the discharge light on even with generators connected.

Then we loaded up Cessna, turned on it's engine, it's avionics and battery. Saved fligth as default and restarted FS. Loaded Tu-134A-3 directly and it worked, even though some switches were on. Engines run for a few seconds and then shut down. Not ideal, but after this the batteries should charge after startup.

P.S. Nobody at either Russian avsim or project tupolev or other simsites possibly knew this plane (VC) was coming just before a week it was released as it got cancelled due programmer left 3 years ago...

Thanks Tushka for your explanation. Obviously my Russian is still good enough to understand basically what's going on.

The method to load the Cessna first with running engines may work, but I'd rather wait for the announced "v 2.1" or however it will be designed. I only hope that it doesn't last another 3 years time...

Harald

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Hi,

in the Russian forum avsim.su under

www.avsim.su/forum/topic/133829-scs-ту-134а-v20/?p=2670227

you can download a fix for the electrical systems. The first of the two files contains some generic files and the 16:9 panel, the second contains the 4:3 panel. After a short test, it works fine, and it even makes the panel more realistic.

Regards

Harald

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Yes, I'm aware of this fix. There is also many many other fixes available for plane.

But 2.1 is still on the works.

But 2.1 is still on the works.

Good to read.

Do you know about the fate of SCS' An-24 project, too?

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Unfortunately, that project is ended. But officially, it's on hold. I wouldn't hold my breath on it though.

Will browse the Russian forums later, as the situation changes

Wow, outstanding plane!

Only issue I see so far is there is no VC lighting. The dome light turns on but cabin doesn't light up at all.