Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Lockheed Releases P3D V2.1

How do you set FTX Central to P3D default? I only see one option and thats FTX Global Default.

Once you've installed FTX Global, FTX Global Default is your new default. P3D default no longer exists.

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

I also wonder if this new version has an effect on currently compatible add ons. FSUIPC will be updated, that I know, ...

FSUIPC 4.929 is just released and works with P3D 2.1.

Just got released in time -- I'm off on holiday for two weeks on Saturday!

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Great to see it's out! After reading this topic I will do a complete reinstall of P3D. I think I will even restore my clean Win 7 system backup so there aren't any traces of anything on my PC. 

I also wonder if this new version has an effect on currently compatible add ons. FSUIPC will be updated, that I know, but I wonder about add ons like FTX Global, FTX AU (being the only P3D compatible FTX region I have) and the A2A C172: they all worked with 2.0 but will they still work with 2.1?

Just use Revo Uninstaller. will save you from having to reinstall your OS.

Pete

Tremendous work Pete, many thanks. Have a great holiday.

Sent from my Mobile thing

Pete

Pete, the new fsuipc is nit working for me, the installer fails, goes into compatibility mode and then doesnt allow me to re enter my registration details

Sent from my Mobile thing

Pete, the new fsuipc is nit working for me, the installer fails, goes into compatibility mode and then doesnt allow me to re enter my registration details

The ONLY difference in the installer is the check that the build number does not exceed 9936, instead of 9448 which applied to P3D 2.0.  In other words one number changed. Absolutely no other change was needed. Without that it still works but warns you that you may need to update FSUIPC4 because the P3D version is later than it knows.

It all works fine here on Win7 64 bit and on Win Vista.

I've no idea what you mean by "goes into compatibility mode" I'm afraid.

If there is really a problem and not a corrupted download please report it on my Support Forum and paste the Install Log file in your report.

Thank you.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

I went the patch route, have a ton of addons some using EMT others native P3D, Traffic3D, etc. and P3Dv2.1 looks abso-lutely jaw-droppingly STUNNING to me. I did have some microstutters but they went away after I twiddled with my basic nvidia control panel. I did, however, experience an OOM after about 45 minutes. Perhaps my own fault for having many settings very high, but it looks like we're still going to be responsible for our own addon and settings ambitions if we want to avoid the OOMs. 

Which is fair enough in my view, if the situation is manageable. I'll say again though, 2.1 looks jaw-droppingly stunning to me, so once everyone's initial teething problems are sorted out, I suspect it'll be back to finding the right balance per setup, to sidestep OOMs.

best wishes to all for speedy and satisfying rebuilds where necessary, 2.1 looks awesome overall,

Kabbers

FSUIPC works and installed fine for me with a new install. It did give the version message Pete stated but I just ignored it.

thanks a lot for doing this so quickly !

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

Should I install on Windows7 or 8  (so as to optimize DX11 compatability?

Allen

Where can i find the new version of FSUIPC for 2.1? Couldn't find any download links on the support forum.

Thanks!

Going to "full screen mode" closes V2.1 immediately.

May uninstall and go the fresh install route.

It's a great release and happy to have it.

Tom

Hi,

Nothing but problems after installing the patch. Going to start from scratch, clean install.

OMG that's terrible!  Mike, did you have Estonia Migration Tool installed, and if so did you have Virtual FSX enabled or disabled when you installed the patch?

Wow, despite the improvements noted by most adopters I'm surprised there are so many problems w/ this patch.   Sounds like a good thing the full installer was made available, but I'm not used to applying a patch to any software and having so many problems manifest.   I haven't yet had time to try installing the patch but I guess it's best to try that route first and if all's well good if not start over.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

So as it turns out.. the update bombs if you have a custom install location.. at least it did for me..  Seems that it actually copies files to c: pf then bombs out..

Has anyone else ran into this and tried workarounds..

Someone on the LM forum suggested taking what files it did copy and overrite the old custom location with those files.. and fix the registry paths as well.. post update fail.. concerned some key files may have not been installed to the C PF location if so..

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking: