Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

iFly 737NG Looks Great in P3DV2

FSX will slowly but surely leave my computer system.  I'm already very impressed with the latest P3D version 2.1.  I had to buy the P3D Version of the iFly737NG (3.2) just to see what a 737 flight would be like in the latest version.  Amazing DX11 gave me total sunlight in the cockpit.  I tried a short flight from KLAX to KSFO over MSE V2 scenery and saw fps around 50-60 for most of the flight.  Inside the VC was the only time I saw frames drop, sometimes to 28.  I disabled the VC Mipmap setting during the flight and my fps shot up to 90-100 before settling down to between 30 and 50 for most of the flight.  Wingviews were consistently over 50 fps. Not sure why the fps suddenly shot up to over 90 when I disabled VC mipmapping. More research.  I'm still playing with the sliders as I have the MSE V2 scenery and right now the resolution is crisp and clear but seems very dark, especially the mountains between LAX and SFO.  Just do not recall seeing them that dark in FSX.  I'll figure it out.  There is a known bug with the lights in the iFly 737 and the strobes would not come on until I hit the L key.  I was very impressed overall with the aircraft though.  It looked and ran much better than the version for FSX (which went into my hangar a long time ago).

I'm mentioning fps just to maybe give someone an idea but they really mean little.  I want to try and install MyTrafficX Pro 5.4b as I need some AI and, when I get that working, that is bound to take up a lot of resources.

[Display]

TEXTURE_FILTERING=16
MSAA=8
SSAA=0
VSYNC=0
FXAA=0
TRIPLE_BUFFER=0

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=60
UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=0
WideViewAspect=True
FullScreenExclusive=True
FullScreenAutoFill=True
FullScreen=True

[sCENERY]
POP_FREE_AUTOGEN=1
AUTOGEN_BATCH_LOD=2
AUTOGEN_TREE_LOD=2
IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=5

[GRAPHICS]
MIPMAP_VC_PANELS=0
TESSELLATION=1
TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=2048
NUM_LIGHTS=4
COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1
AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1
LANDING_LIGHTS=1
DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1
LENSFLARE=0
HDR=0
BLOOM_LEVEL=2
SHADOW_QUALITY=4

[TERRAIN]
LOD_RADIUS=6.500000
TESSELLATION_FACTOR=90
MESH_RESOLUTION=25
TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=25
AUTOGEN_VEGETATION_DENSITY=0
AUTOGEN_BUILDING_DENSITY=1
DETAIL_TEXTURE=1
WATER_REFLECT_CLOUDS=0
WATER_REFLECT_USERAIRCRAFT=0
WATER_REFLECT_SIMOBJECTS=1
WATER_REFLECT_TERRAIN=0
WATER_REFLECT_AUTOGEN_VEGETATION=0
WATER_REFLECT_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS=0
WATER_REFRACT_CLOUDS=0
WATER_REFRACT_USERAIRCRAFT=0
WATER_REFRACT_SIMOBJECTS=0
WATER_REFRACT_TERRAIN=0
WATER_REFRACT_AUTOGEN_VEGETATION=0
WATER_REFRACT_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS=0
ENABLE_BATHYMETRY=0
WATER_CLARITY=30
WATER_DETAIL=1

No tweaks installed.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

FSX will slowly but surely leave my computer system. I tried a short flight from KLAX to KSFO over MSE V2 scenery and saw fps around 50-60 for most of the flight. Inside the VC was the only time I saw frames drop, sometimes to 28. I disabled the VC Mipmap ...

Well, we and I certainly appreciate the info but I doubt that more than 10%... If that... have the power of your rig so I just wonder how relevant it is to the rest of us...

...I will, however try your suggestions...

Thanks, and..

Regards,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

I didn't realize the topic was published!!  Wrote the topic, hit the okay button and got a 503 error so shutdown system and took a nap.  :lol:  Thanks for responding to alert me the topic is alive and well!

I think many members want to see what systems are capable of doing.  Yes, probably not very relevant to someone with a 2.0 CPU and using the internal CPU graphics engine.  Your system is almost exactly like my last system.  You have the horsepower.  But, to do so, you would have to be running MSE V2, the iFly 737 for P3D, FSDT KLAX and FlightBeam KSFO.  You might have a few less fps than I did but definitely over 30 fps.  The problem is that, if I flew the iFly737 from Chicago to St Louis over MSEV2 scenery, it would be a completely different.  I might even have over 100 fps for the total flight as there are no mountains to render, etc.  So every situation is different.

I'm still playing with the settings.  It's a new engine.  I think more secrets of its capabilities are out there.  We are all currently in the testing phase.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Man I wish I could figure out what you're doing to get frame rates like that?  I supposedly have a "smokin" machine that I'm getting mid teens on my iFly for Prepare3D and I'm sorely disappointed.  I don't know what to do, either.  Granted, I'm a complete newbie to Prepare3D so I'm sure there is some tweaking but I don't think it's going to get me 50 FPS.  Does the iFly require any work to get it to really shine nicely in this program?

In the mean time, I'm going back to FS9 where I know my iFly works nice.

I just got on to say the same thing about the IFLY but Jim beat me to the finish line :lol:   beautiful 737ng with dx11.  The lights are fine for me with 2.2

I recently purchased it too... regarding the ifly, do you guys get annoying windshear alerts when you are on final?  I am wondering if it is an issue with the aircraft for active sky next.

I just purchased the ifly 737 for Prepar3d and am very disappointed in the frame rates while in VC.  They are so low that it is unusable.

Frames are fine for me with a plane of this complexity, but the nav lights and cockpit lighting don't work (beacon is also hardly visible).

Also tried the QW757 in P3D which does look nice but the FMS can get messed up and the plane overspeeds too easily.

Does anyone know if the 30 day money back option that Flight 1 usually offers also applies to the iFly 737NG for P3Dv2?

NAX669.png

Does anyone know if the 30 day money back option that Flight 1 usually offers also applies to the iFly 737NG for P3Dv2?

It applied toi mine, when I bought P3Dv1, and then decided to use the PMDG NGX instead. I got my refund ASAP!

I do not yet own P3Dv2, but should I buy it, this aircraft will be on my to buy list :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

jcomm,

Did you get it off of Flight 1's usual Marketplace page? The model for V2 is sold through Flight1 Tech division. I guess this is their commercial division as opposed to the entertainment division.

NAX669.png

Got it for P3Dv1 from that Flight1 Tech division page. This was on P3dv1, not v2, around than 1 yr ago.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Thank you, that's good to know. I hate to pay another $80 for a 737 but there's no telling when PMDG is going to release the NGX for P3Dv2 or what it's going to cost.

NAX669.png

Well, took it up for a quick circuit at Flightbeam KSFO. On approach with 30% AI traffic, clear skies, I got lower to mid teens FPS. Not a slide show but close enough.

NAX669.png

As I stated in my OP, FPS mean nothing.  You could have 200 FPS and still see stuttering or a crash.  People lock their fps at 20 to prevent as much stuttering as possible.  If you have high settings though, nothing is going to prevent lower FPS or stuttering. 

I just had to reinstall the latest P3DV2.2 as the update would not take on my system and P3D CTD's while starting up if ASN was started too (with the latest update for P3D).  So I had to reinstall the iFly737 and initially I had bad fps, stuttering, the blurries when flying the 737NG even with the settings as in my OP.  The only additional thing I had enabled was Shadows.  Disabled that and it brought me a fresh breath of air.  It runs great again as in my OP.  If you will note in my OP, my P3D settings are not outrageously high.  I do have Autogen turned off as I don't need it as I use photoscenery exclusively.  As recommended in the AVSIM FSX/P3D Configuration Guide (we are still working on P3D.cfg settings for a future update) and the AVSIM CTD Guide, we recommend you load only the sceneries you will be using during a flight session using the Scenery_Config_Editor.  If you have any photoscenery or FTX/Orbx scenery installed and enabled, it will be loading textures no matter whether you are flying in the area or not.  It will also be loading all of your FTX/Orbx Autogen whether you are going to that area or not.  This loading takes up an enormous amount of resources and taxes your flight simulator and brings your fps down and may even be the cause of some stuttering.  So I strongly recommend anyone who owns P3D and has addon scenery installed to disable those areas where you know you will not be flying.  You will be amazed at how much it helps with performance.

I do admit I have a major problem getting my photoscenery to render and I see a lot of blurries.  But, if I wait long enough before taking off, most of that scenery will be loaded by the time I take off and that will reduce some blurries.  I may have to reduce my LOD_Radius from 6.5 to 4.5 but I didn't see this problem (or don't recall) before I reinstalled P3D.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM