Sign in to follow this  
alpilotx

PREVIEW - X-Plane 10 Tree Lines and Farms V2

The latest little project I am working on is a "plain and simple" update of my X-Plane 10 Tree Lines and Farms scenery to V2.

The main improvement will be, that you will see a vastly improved amount of tree lines:

• based on newer OSM data (the same I used for HD Mesh Scenery v2 ... thus the two are "perfectly" matched), which alone brings - because of its growth - a lot of new vector data where I can derive more tree lines
  • now many tree lines are also placed along water features (rivers, lakes) - which was a long requested feature
  • railroads got a few tree lines too

Overall - just by looking at the file sizes - the amount of tree lines is easily tripled!

c4_5.jpg

Follow this link for a lot more screen shots:

Estimated release should be in the coming 2-4 weeks.

PS: and some of you will notice, that all the screenshots have a new "atmosphere" look, which is based - of course - on the great findings from this thread:

Wow, excellent work as always Andras! They really fill out the landscape and make it look more convincing.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

This is super work as always Andras, I see that you never rest :-)

Trees really make a big difference to otherwise flat rural scenery, and as clearly shown in your screenshots, it brings it to life.

PS: and of course, the farm buildings (like in V1) are still all there (placed via the same heuristic ... but based on new OSM data).

Out of curiosity, which ways (tags) inside OSM do you place trees along? I can add this information to the FAQ on OSM scenery, so people have time before release to add some more ways to the scenery. 

Also when you say water features, do you also include the tags waterway=drain and waterway=ditch?

Super excellent work indeed and again Andras!

Thank You very much for all Your effort!

Estimated release should be in the coming 2-4 weeks.

... Sounds great!

P.S.: One minor question, but as as a matter of great interest as i am undertaing some complete reinstalls currently:

Would You mind sharing some info about Your PC and Your X-Plane display settings used for Your great screenshots above i.e.: What GPU You use or what AA settings ... and stuff like that.

ONLY when Your precious time allows it though!!

Guest Mik75

That looks awesome! I was just about to install the current version, but now I'll probably wait until you release the gorgeous looking v2!

Out of curiosity, which ways (tags) inside OSM do you place trees along? I can add this information to the FAQ on OSM scenery, so people have time before release to add some more ways to the scenery. 

Also when you say water features, do you also include the tags waterway=drain and waterway=ditch?

Phew ... I would need to look up the list of highway tags I place the trees along (but definitely not along "primary" ... at the moment). And I place them along all "railway=xxx".

With water I only use them along waterway=river (because those are the vector rivers which I transformed to real water features in the HD Mesh Scenery v2, the smaller ones like drains or ditches would be too much an potentially just kill the mesh scenery).

Some impressive SS there...where were you around #25...looks so real, amazing. Is that river texture default? I just fear to look at FPS with a payware aircraft  :lol: but this is going to be even better that Orbx and ....for free  :P

Some impressive SS there...where were you around #25...looks so real, amazing. Is that river texture default? I just fear to look at FPS with a payware aircraft  :lol: but this is going to be even better that Orbx and ....for free  :P

The coordinates are in all of the screen shots (upper left) .... #25 must have been to the West of LOWI.

Fantastic work Andras ! I see you make great use of the atmospheric tweaks ! :)

Pascal

Yes, they are most impressive (and yes, I am bugging Ben Supnik about this) ... My jaw almost dropped when I did a few tests around the Alps yesterday. Especially the cloud shadow are damn cool in the mountains ...

Excellent work as always.  Looking forward to this latest enhancements.  

Thanks

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020