Sign in to follow this  

Problems? Simconnect may not have been installed!

In another topic WR269 posted that on some PC's there seems to be a problem with Simconnect: the P3D installer simply doesn't install Simconnect at ALL for some odd reason. Because I couldn't get TrackIR to work, I tried his tip, which he quoted from the LM forum, and TrackIR instantly worked!!! So... if you have some odd problems, you might want to check if Simconnect did install or not!

Here is the quote:

"P3D DOES come with the FSX Simconnect libraries, for the precise reason to allow backward compatibility with FSX Simconnect clients, and they are supposed to be installed automatically.

They are located in these folders

\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP1\retail\lib
\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib

If for some reason they haven't been installed automatically by the P3D installer, you might try launching the .MSI files in those folders."

BTW I do wonder if all other mandatory programs are installed or not... The Setup.exe should install a few prerequisites but if it already fails in installing Simconnect, it may have failed in installing other stuff too, which may be another reason for people having problems. Anyone knows which programs are installed alongside with P3D and how to check if they have been installed correctly?

Lol, thank's for the info. I have been playing around for ages trying to get my TrackIR to work with my new PC and P3D V2.1 and that explanation is just what I needed. Thank you very much:)

Edited by pipeorgan