Sign in to follow this  

P3DV2.1 stutter or no stutter

P3DV2.1 Stutters Yes or No  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Are you getting stutters in P3DV2.1?

2. 2. What OS are you running?

3. 3. Do you use controllers (yokes, joysticks, rudders)?

I went back to my v2.0 settings: I added AM=14 to my cfg and limited the fps in the sim to 34. I also enabled vsync and triple buffering. I disabled ALL performance monitors (FSUIPC) and performance is acceptable now. In fact, when I don't focus on everything that's wrong with the sim, I am actually enjoying myself. I also removed the fps counter from the cfg. I am done with beta testing and tweaking and enjoy what I've got. ^_^

Hi Jeroen,

congratulation, that's a wise decision.

Spirit

Hi Rendi, you buy P3DV2 again? I thought you refunded already?

Yep Oliver. Repurchased. I had a nice visit with Adam from LM when I decided to not use 2.0. Im very happy with the improvements in 2.1.

I went back to my v2.0 settings: I added AM=14 to my cfg and limited the fps in the sim to 34. I also enabled vsync and triple buffering. I disabled ALL performance monitors (FSUIPC) and performance is acceptable now. In fact, when I don't focus on everything that's wrong with the sim, I am actually enjoying myself. I also removed the fps counter from the cfg. I am done with beta testing and tweaking and enjoy what I've got. ^_^

Yup, have flown from LOWW to EGCC and now doing th return leg. Using AS2012 for real weather. Heavy cloud, heavy rain, Rex textures. Amazing.

I am lucky, not a single stutter, and this being my first day flying, no ctd or oom.

Sent from my Mobile thing

I saw a question I could answer but was without regard for the topic. My apologies. I won't step in that situation again. If I could delete it, I would.

Never apologize for being helpful.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Wow! Lots of good info in here on performance tuning.... I even went ahead and installed some orbx airports (using migrator tool) which do surprising work and look wonderful as suggested! Lol, This sim just got even better!! Thanks!

I am done with beta testing and tweaking and enjoy what I've got.

There ya go Jeroen ... I may still go back to V2.0, on the fence right now ... those bizarre lighting bugs on default AI aircraft and AI switching paint schemes at random is a little odd ... I'm hoping someone else has noticed this in V2.1?

The VAS usage in V2.1 does indeed seem considerably better ... but the Autogen radius does seem smaller to me.  But other issues in V2.1 have been fixed ... gaah, but now I can't really use my MJC Q400 in V2.1 which I could in V2.0 ... just not sure what version to go with ... I'm hoping there will be a V2.2 or maybe nVidia will release a profile specific to P3DV2.1?  Decisions, decisions.

Not complaining at all, the route I see here is very much exactly like it was with FSX, FSX SP1, FSX SP2, and FSX Acceleration -- anyone here remember when we heard SP2 and Acceleration had some code difference?  I do.

Rob, do you feel the stutters in the cockpit or just visual?

Not as bad now with my changes, but yes ... can be tricky when it happens on final.

The VAS usage in V2.1 does indeed seem considerably better ...

It really depends on where you fly, I noticed. Earlier this afternoon I flew in a certain part of Australia with FTX AU enabled and everytime I got an OOM within one minute after take off (vegetation autogen at Dense). The odd thing is that the area that gave me OOMs in 2.0 was a lot better in 2.1. But not this aera, where I didn't fly before. So I decided to remove FTX AU completely and only use FTX Global which is more VAS friendly. ^_^ I don't mind loading an autosaved flight every now and then but loading one every minute is a bit too much.  :P So for now I will forget about FTX regions and stick with FTX Global. Maybe I will get OpenLC i8n the future to enhance it a little, maybe not, it all depends in feedback from users.

... I'm hoping someone else has noticed this in V2.1?

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/434809-simobjectai-traffic-potential-bugplease-confirm-if-able/

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=5467

Seems pretty solidly an engine issue at this point, I've done all I can to narrow it down.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Seems pretty solidly an engine issue with mips at this point, I've done all I can to narrow it down.

Thanks Brian ... added my voice to the P3D thread.  I'm going to guess the bizarre lighting effect is related?  That lighting effect looks very much like the same lighting issue I had in cockpit with the PA38 (Alabeo) which is apparently and FSX bug and some developers use various tricks to try to overcome it.

I wish LM would open up their Beta doors ... official ones that is ... to more folk ... clearly it's not being tested to the degree it needs to be with the current beta group (it didn't take long to find this issue).  If LM did open the beta doors wider, it would help them avoid all the negative publicity on the more obvious issues which is clearly making many jaded about the prospects of P3DV2.x and ultimately not good for LM.

I'm not coming down on the Beta testers because I'm sure they only test items specific to their interest (especially if 3rd party are Beta testing), but there does seem to be a missing scope in testing -- at a more global level that would catch these issues.

I haven't gotten as far as the lighting, I loaded up to test during the day, and saw this issue within 30 seconds and have been focused on narrowing it down, as time permitted, until today. I've gone as far as to recompile a few models with the latest SDK, which unfortunately does not fix the issue. 

Could you describe what you are seeing so I can be sure of what to look for ?

Regards,

Brian Doney

Could you describe what you are seeing so I can be sure of what to look for ?

It's in my video Brian, 2:40 mark, you'll see a bright light that looks almost like another sun following the AI aircraft down the runway.  Best to watch the video at 1080p or higher because it'll be easier to see the light following the AI aircraft.

Wow...umm...that's....my first thought was back to Nicks smoke effects that would detach on landing, but that is....no I haven't seen that yet.

I'll certainly take a look now. That was a default aircraft ?

If Bill or someone else is reading, could this be the attached objects (fx_landing, etc.) detaching somehow ?

Regards,

Brian Doney

I'll certainly take a look now. That was a default aircraft ?

Yes default AI with default aircraft ... during takeoff not landing.

Yeah the Nicks smoke reference was just my first thought, it is in no way related.

I just jumped in at ATL and watched about a dozen or so takeoffs/landings and have not seen this, but this is still somewhat helpful. I'd long ago removed all of the attached landing/taxi light effects from my AI, as I do not like the giant triangle ground splash effect. That is likely the only real difference between the models at this point, as I do not believe any of the default aircraft use model effects in any other way than through attached objects.

I don't think that this is related to the texture issue, and I would go ahead and post a new thread over there if you're so inclined.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Thanks Brian ... added my voice to the P3D thread.  I'm going to guess the bizarre lighting effect is related?  That lighting effect looks very much like the same lighting issue I had in cockpit with the PA38 (Alabeo) which is apparently and FSX bug and some developers use various tricks to try to overcome it.

I wish LM would open up their Beta doors ... official ones that is ... to more folk ... clearly it's not being tested to the degree it needs to be with the current beta group (it didn't take long to find this issue).  If LM did open the beta doors wider, it would help them avoid all the negative publicity on the more obvious issues which is clearly making many jaded about the prospects of P3DV2.x and ultimately not good for LM.

I'm not coming down on the Beta testers because I'm sure they only test items specific to their interest (especially if 3rd party are Beta testing), but there does seem to be a missing scope in testing -- at a more global level that would catch these issues.

Rob, I also wish LM would open beta doors for a few simmers that could help with testing. I am a beta tester for a new upcoming combat flight sim which you may have read about 1C 777 productions  "Battle of Stalingrad". They have taken a lot of our suggestions, therefore, has help the developers and has saved a bunch of time. The sim is scheduled to be released this summer. We are still only about 39% complete but it is coming together fast. They open the sim to us on weekends to work on.  As big is LM is, don't know if Wes would agree on open beta for the few.

Regards

Lamar Wright

Regards

Lamar Wright