Sign in to follow this  
nmerced

Imagine Sim ZSPD Shanghai - Pudong released

Given FSX is many's main platform of simming, interesting how imaginesim chooses to first release it for FS9

Brendan Chen

Learning to use and getting use to FSX!

Now that does look interesting, credit card has been processed, D/L at 86/142 MB... thanks for the heads-up.

interesting how imaginesim chooses to first release it for FS9

Not really Brenchen.  Pudong is a major commercial hub. Few GA aircraft use it. FSX still suffers OOM's and VAS problems with the heavies.  It's not for nothing that ORBX concentrates on the smaller airfields ... they were burnt on YMML and YBBN.

Because of its smaller system overhead FS9 as a platform is more suited to flying the heavies than FSX, period.

Returning to Pudong. I downloaded the infuriating demo (can't afford to buy until next month) and pleasantly surprised. As reported ImagineSim have indeed lifted their game. 

All that remains is ZBAA, a modern rework of Teipei and Manila (FS9) and we've pretty much got the world covered.

One problem is although they have given a lot of thought to the parking codes in the afcad , there are no spaces of large enough size to accomodate a 747. I have advised them and knowing imaginesim I expect they will release an updated afcad soon.

All that remains is ZBAA, a modern rework of Teipei and Manila (FS9) and we've pretty much got the world covered

For Taipei I suggest the El Formosa scenery project freeware. There are 12 parts (plus patches) available in the library and all are worth installing. Part 11 is RCTP and is as good as any payware.

Peter Schluter

On to buying this . Has anyone had installed the ' all china ' (which contained Pudong beside many smaller fields ) and if so, how does the imagine sim scenery behave with that ' all china ' global scenery? I ask because I looked into what the china folder contains, and it will be difficult if impossible to remove only Pudong.

Looks real good! I will be getting this soon (I have to wait unit the bill from my last simmarket purchases comes).

Hi,

how is this scenery compared with the Skysoft offerings? Hard to top them... and for almost 30 EUR?

Manila (FS9)

What about "rpllv81ultima.zip" from the library?

Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Hi,

how is this scenery compared with the Skysoft offerings? Hard to top them... and for almost 30 EUR?

What about "rpllv81ultima.zip" from the library?

Harald

They are two different types of developers, SS are tech savy people interested to develop high quality sceneries with the aim so that they can fly into aerodrome and enjoy themselves, selling them is just a secondary thing.  However, ImagineSim I believe is more focused in developing products to make money off.

Brendan Chen

Learning to use and getting use to FSX!

They are two different types of developers, SS are tech savy people interested to develop high quality sceneries with the aim so that they can fly into aerodrome and enjoy themselves, selling them is just a secondary thing.  However, ImagineSim I believe is more focused in developing products to make money off.

Well, the savvy people, if they learn how to do HD textures, will rock! They still have a way to go though, especially need to focus on FSX/P3D or even X-Plane, instead of FS9.

Zicheng Cai

For Taipei I suggest the El Formosa scenery project freeware.

I agree however, like many I surmise, the attraction of having AES working at these major airports is too strong for me to ignore.  When coupled with the forthcoming My Gate software to correctly choose the arrival Terminal/Gate etc. we will have the final plank?  A barren airport is to me a pity these days, after all AES has been around sufficiently long that its marketing advantage is well known.

compared with the Skysoft

Hi Harald.  As you know I have a very high regard for SkySoft unfortunately most of their offerings are not AES supported.

Has anyone had installed the ' all china '

G'day Arnaud.  If this is the Samsoft version it is an old product with which I daresay you will be unhappy.

Well I am very happy with ZSPD. Great scenery and Imaginesim deserve congratulations for continuing to develop for FS9

Peter Schluter

Hi, thanks for your feedbacks. Will save some money to pick up ZSPD soon.

SS are tech savy people interested to develop high quality sceneries with the aim so that they can fly into aerodrome and enjoy themselves, selling them is just a secondary thing

This is an approach I like very much!

especially need to focus on FSX/P3D or even X-Plane, instead of FS9.

No, they don't need to. We FS9ers here are happy with sceneries for FS9, too.

Regards,

Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

I have almost every Imaginesim scenery and have been very pleased with them their progress in scenery design over the years.  Very well done scenery !  Keep up the great work for us "old school" FS9ers... :lol:

BruceU