Sign in to follow this  
Demious

Problem programming fuel selectors to hardware controller

I'm having trouble finding how to program the fuel selectors to a hardware controller, through FSUIPC.

I started by logging the selectors and found that they only use 1 single command, the Fuel Slector Set. But whatever I tried, I couldnt get this command to do anything at all, when programmed to a controller switch.

Then I tried to just program all fuel selector functions in the list to controllers, but I couldnt find anything that would make the virtual selectors respond.

Since it are 3-way selectors, I was planning to use the swtches on my Saitek Throttle Quadrant, one for left, one for mid and one for right, but since I get no result whatsoever, I'm getting stuck here.

Can someone help me out by explaining how to program the fuel selectors to switches on my controllers?

Cheers!

Maarten

It works, but you need to add a gauge script to make the knobs follow the current setting.

See my post at

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/409156-adjust-c337-initial-settings-and-fuel-selector-position-via-gauge-script/

and make sure you do this:

Due to the ControlInit bool the fuel selectore knobs do not follow changes to fuel selection done via other ways, e.g. joystick buttons mapped via FSUIPC. Move it out of the if{} section if this is needed.

Hello Thomas, I saw this post and tried to read it, but I'm a musician, not a computer expert or a programmer.

I can follow instruction like: Copy/paste 'next part' to 'this position' in 'that file', located in 'that folder', or something like that.

But from what I read in that post I cant extract instructions that have any meaning to me. I understand that, for example, the top block with text, is part instructions and part programming scripts(?(do I say that right?)), But I cant recognize what is what...

Would it be a lot of effort to make a step-by-step instruction, which can be followed by someone who doesn't understand programming?

Cheers!

Maarten

The instructions in the other thread are already mostly step-by-step :)

But here is the code you need to solve the problem you reported, use this as the code in Step 1:

<Gauge Name="MyC337" Version="1.0">
<!-- my settings for Carenado C337 -->
<Element><Select><Value>
<!-- set VC front fuel tank selector -->
(A:FUEL TANK SELECTOR 1,enum)
d 0 != if{ d 1 != if{ p -1 } }
(>L:KNOB_FUEL_SELECTOR_F,number)

<!-- set VC rear fuel tank selector -->
(A:FUEL TANK SELECTOR 2,enum)
d 0 != if{ d 1 != if{ p -1 } }
(>L:KNOB_FUEL_SELECTOR_R,number)
</Value></Select></Element>
</Gauge>
After that assign the buttons in FSUIPC.

Thanks a whole lot, Thomas. I'm going to give it a try, I'll let you know how things work out. :)

Cheers!

Maarten

With a little trial and error to find which FSUIPC command connected to the right setting of the fuel selector, I had it done in a minute. Works like a dream!

Thanks Thomas, you're the man! :D

Cheers!

Maarten