Sign in to follow this  
Spike190

Caught in a repeatiing "Microsoft Flight Simulator @ - Security Warning" loop

Good evening to all:

Today I've added scenery, texture, weather generating, and traffic programs (ORBX FTX GLOBAL, FTX PNW, etc., REX4 Texture Direct, Active Sky Next and Ultimate Traffic 2)  to my new Jetline Computer running Win7 64..  All installs have gone smoothly, and I've started FSX and flown a bit after I loaded each program.  It was super!   Then....  I installed the FSX version of Eaglesoft Citation X 750 and it seemed to install fine to the proper folder in FSX and the plane does show up in the aircraft selection window.

Here is the problem:   When I try to select any of the 4 versions of that plane a small  window pops up saying  "Microsoft Flight Simulator - Security . The publisher could not be verified.  Are you sure you want to run this software?   NAME: cxcaws11.GAU     PUBLISHER: Unknown publisher.   "This file does not have a valid digital signature that verifies its publisher.  You should only run software from a publisher that you trust"   I then have the choice to RUN or DON'T RUN.  

When I click on either of these buttons another small window opens and the first window closes.  The new window says, "Would you like to designate this module (C:\Program files (x86) \ Microsoft...\ cxcaws12.GAU) as "Trusted" software?  Select YES to automatically load this software whenever you start Flight Simulator.  Select NO to load this software for this session only."  Regardless which button (YES or NO)  I choose, this window goes away and the first window opens again with the previous message.  

If I click on either the RUN or DON'T RUN the second window reopens.   It is an endless repeating loop!  (notice also that in the first window it shows the gauge as "cxcaws11.GAU"  and in the second window it shows the gauge as "cxcaws12.GAU)

Bottom line >>>>  WHAT CAN / SHOULD I DO TO FIX THIS ISSUE?\

Thanks in advance for your help on this.

Mike

*It is probably realted to teh fact that you have FSX in the default folder. It cause no end of sewcurity issues, Do you have UAC disabled.

Normally these shows up the first time you load a new aircraft. By simply selecting run/ok/allow or whatever until they go away you should be fine. FSX will remember your selection and won't prompt you any more. However, if you are cought in a loop then FSX seems to forget your choice. Maybe you could try to run FSX as admin and see if that works. I had to run FSX as admin to get everything to work properly.

*It is probably realted to teh fact that you have FSX in the default folder. It cause no end of sewcurity issues, Do you have UAC disabled.

I didn't install FSX.  The folks at Jetline Systems installed it as they've done for most of their customers.  They know all of the things to tweak during FSX installation and what Win 7 programs to disable, eg. UAC, etc.

Normally these shows up the first time you load a new aircraft. By simply selecting run/ok/allow or whatever until they go away you should be fine. FSX will remember your selection and won't prompt you any more. However, if you are cought in a loop then FSX seems to forget your choice. Maybe you could try to run FSX as admin and see if that works. I had to run FSX as admin to get everything to work properly.

I assume that I am "admin."  Please explain how I check this, and how to proceed.

Logging in as admin is not enough: Right-click on the fsx.exe, and choose 'Run as admin' from the context menu.

You can also configure the exe (or a link to the exe on your desktop) to always 'Run as admin' via the compatibility tab in the context menu.

Logging in as admin is not enough: Right-click on the fsx.exe, and choose 'Run as admin' from the context menu.

You can also configure the exe (or a link to the exe on your desktop) to always 'Run as admin' via the compatibility tab in the context menu.

I'm searching for the fsx.exe file.  Can you help me find it?

I'm searching for the fsx.exe file.  Can you help me find it?

I've also searched for "how to uninstall aircraft from fsx" thinking that removing the Citation X and re-installing it may help.   There is no uninstall program in the Eaglesoft folder.   Some have said to just remove that Citation X folder from FSX (but cautioned that the install may have placed other files elsewhere in FSX) 

It's not the Citation X.  It is your computer security doing this.  This is a normal, very, very normal occurrence when running FSX.  It's okay that you have UAC turned on but you are going to get nagged with security messages like this as Windows is only trying to protect you from evil people in the world.  When you get these messages, just click Okay and continue on.  If you click no, then I believe you will continue to be nagged until you say okay.  FSX needs to trust gauges that were installed in your system.  On a fresh install of FSX, it will ask you if you trust this gauge or that gauge and other things.  You should click yes.  This information will then go into the trusted section of your Fsx.cfg and it won't nag you anymore.  I can assure you that you do not have a problem with the CitationX gauge.

Even if you have UAC disabled, you will get this message on a new install of a product.  To check to see if you have UAC turned on/off, click on the Start button, and in the search box type in UAC, then look up in the menu and click on Change User Action settings.  We recommend you disable UAC by pulling the slider all the way down.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

It's not the Citation X.  It is your computer security doing this.  This is a normal, very, very normal occurrence when running FSX.  It's okay that you have UAC turned on but you are going to get nagged with security messages like this as Windows is only trying to protect you from evil people in the world.  When you get these messages, just click Okay and continue on.  If you click no, then I believe you will continue to be nagged until you say okay.  FSX needs to trust gauges that were installed in your system.  On a fresh install of FSX, it will ask you if you trust this gauge or that gauge and other things.  You should click yes.  This information will then go into the trusted section of your Fsx.cfg and it won't nag you anymore.  I can assure you that you do not have a problem with the CitationX gauge.

Even if you have UAC disabled, you will get this message on a new install of a product.  To check to see if you have UAC turned on/off, click on the Start button, and in the search box type in UAC, then look up in the menu and click on Change User Action settings.  We recommend you disable UAC by pulling the slider all the way down.

Best regards,

Good morning Jim,

UAC was set to off, as was Windows defender, etc., by the folks at Jetline Systems before they even sent me the new computer.  I also knew about the need to do these things and checked those settings as soon as I received the computer.   Concerning your comment (above) about "Just click okay and continue on" ....when I first got that security message I did click "Run" in the first screen and "YES" (ok to load this software).  That is when the loop started where these two screens just keep popping back up.   

The CX uninstaller is available thru Control Panel/Uninstall Programs B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

The CX uninstaller is available thru Control Panel/Uninstall Programs B)

Good morning to you too:

I had checked that yesterday when I first started to have this problem.  There is no entry showing Eaglesoft in the "Programs and Features" setting under "Uninstall or change a program"    Also in post #9 above Jim is telling me that the problem isn't with the Citation X plane (so he implies that removing the plane isn't the thing to do).

Mike

Good morning Jim,

UAC was set to off, as was Windows defender, etc., by the folks at Jetline Systems before they even sent me the new computer.  I also knew about the need to do these things and checked those settings as soon as I received the computer.   Concerning your comment (above) about "Just click okay and continue on" ....when I first got that security message I did click "Run" in the first screen and "YES" (ok to load this software).  That is when the loop started where these two screens just keep popping back up.   

The only thing I can think of is that you are not considered the Administrator and any decision you make, your computer could careless.  I would reinstall the Citation but right click it and run as Administrator.  You can also right click the FSX folder and make sure the folder is shared by clicking on Share with or click on Properties then the Sharing tab.

The fact the program is not in the Add/Remove programs is strange too.  Maybe you can go to the installation program for the Citation X, right click it and then select Run as Administrator.  The next screen that pops up should give you the option to repair or remove.  You can try a repair.  If that doesn't work, then do that again and select remove. 

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

We fully agree with Jim. He is correct on each point. Follow his advice. B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

The only thing I can think of is that you are not considered the Administrator and any decision you make, your computer could careless.  I would reinstall the Citation but right click it and run as Administrator.  You can also right click the FSX folder and make sure the folder is shared by clicking on Share with or click on Properties then the Sharing tab.

The fact the program is not in the Add/Remove programs is strange too.  Maybe you can go to the installation program for the Citation X, right click it and then select Run as Administrator.  The next screen that pops up should give you the option to repair or remove.  You can try a repair.  If that doesn't work, then do that again and select remove. 

Best regards,

Did some checking in control panel and I AM showing as the "Administrator."    

Just went to the installation program for the Cit X and right clicked and chose "Run as Administrator."   However, the screen that pops up (the Eaglesoft Development Group Citation X 1.0 FSX Install Program) doesn't give me the option to repair or remove.  Only shows "Next" or "Exit."   Pushing next brings up the license screen prompting me to "agree."   The next screen shows the installation path....and the last screen prompts me to "start" the install.