Sign in to follow this  
Perry333

Need help with dual monitor setup

Just got my new 27 inch monitor and decided to use my old 24 inch as second monitor to use for pop up panels. I have new monitor setup as primary but when I load FSX it always want to load cockpit view on 24 inch and 27 inch still shows desktop. I can put screen in window mode and drag to 27" and put back into full screen which works and then 24" will go black and I can drag popup windows to the 24" with no problem. How can I get FSX to see 27" as primary. I have tried saving flight with this setup but still does same thing next time I start FSX, Thanks for help.

Just got my new 27 inch monitor and decided to use my old 24 inch as second monitor to use for pop up panels. I have new monitor setup as primary but when I load FSX it always want to load cockpit view on 24 inch and 27 inch still shows desktop. I can put screen in window mode and drag to 27" and put back into full screen which works and then 24" will go black and I can drag popup windows to the 24" with no problem. How can I get FSX to see 27" as primary. I have tried saving flight with this setup but still does same thing next time I start FSX, Thanks for help.

Have you tried just swapping the monitor/video cables around?

Or you could try reversing the monitor entries in the fsx.cfg.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Hi gb thanks for the reply , yea I tried that did not help.

Hmmm..... if still not working try disconnecting the 24" (from the video card, not just turning the monitor off)

then delete the 27 and 24 monitor device entries in your fsx.cfg.

Start fsx with just the 27" running.

Close fsx and plug the 24 back in, with the computer still on, and configure it in Windows as extended desktop.

Open fsx again with fingers crossed.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Hey GB, thanks again for the reply, but did not help still does same thing. It is not the end of the world I just have to put screen in window mode drag to larger screen and put in full screen again. One thing that is weird is when ever I open or close a new window like if I open display in the FSX menu I get the windows ding pong kind of sounds as the window open or closes. And yes to appliance 27" is on 1. This is how they show up in cfg. The first one being the 27".

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770.0.0]
Mode=1920x1080x32
Anisotropic=1
AntiAlias=1

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770.0.1]
Mode=1680x1050x32
Anisotropic=1
AntiAlias=1