Sign in to follow this  
tjrush

Radar Contact with IYP or MCE

I noticed that RC can be controlled by voice by both It's Your Plane and Multi Crew Experience.  Any opinions or recommendations?

Tom

Any opinions or recommendations?

VAC

http://www.dwvac.com/

This what I use, the really nice thing about VAC apart from its accuracy in voice recognition is that it lets you program multiple different replies to any key press.

If you go to the It's your plane website and read the Radar Contact page you will see exactly what phrases it uses and the keypresses it binds them to in RC4.

Use this as a basis for your VAC script and then expand each voice command/key press combo by using other phrases to build your own tailored vocabulary of replies and phrases to control radar contact.

Works really well

Although MCE is very good for handling in-cockpit/first-officer commands, I've found the voice recognition pertaining to RC4 to be hit and miss.  The main issue is that MCE is coded so that the callsign must be spoken exactly how MCE expects it for every transmission - unfortunately MCE won't recognize every callsign that RC4 supports (especially GA registrations).  Overall MCE is a great program with great support... but I stopped using it with RC4.

The "other" MadDog

Look for Dave Herky's videos on YouTube for an example of how MCE interacts with RC4. Maybe they help?

Sent from my Mobile thing