Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

New Signature Rules

This is to inform everyone that the AVSIM Signature Rules have changed http://forum.avsim.net/page/AVSIM%20Pages/sig.html.  AVSIM has a simple system where everyone can place system specs and information about your Simulator and various add-ons. We are therefore asking that you remove system specs from your signature and place them in your profile.  There's even a place to list your favorite simulators and all of the add-ons you currently own!  The information can then be seen by everyone in the sidebar under your Avatar (see my sidebar!).  It's easy to do!  Just go to your Control Panel (click on your user name in the upper right corner) and click on 'My Settings' and then scroll down to 'My PC'.  Remember to review it occasionally and update it as you purchase new things or update your computer system.

Our Moderators have been informed to provide you with "friendly reminders" if you forget to remove your system specs so we ask that you do this as soon as you can.

While in your Control Panel, look around and update your other information too!

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

If you do not see the profile information on the sidebar under the Avatar, then click on the username of the individual and then the Profile and it will show the System Specs and My Flight Sim information (if the individual completed the profile). We are trying to get this information back on the sidebar next to your post but currently experiencing a computer "glitch".

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Dear Mr Young

I do not think a verbal warning is a friendly reminder at all. Not in proper English at least. A Verbal warning is simply pure enforcement which can never be consider friendly (regardless the inverted commas). (I am a senior enforcement officer myself by the way)

Good idea the one about the specs, but applied with inexcusable unfairness and bad manners, at least in my case and by Mr Daveo. 

The policy seems to have came into force on the 3rd of March and today, only just 10 days later, and bearing in mind that I do only may have post once in any other forum than the PMDG for more than 11 years already (and there is no rule specifying I have to check any other forum) how do you expect me to know?

A friendly reminder is a message/e-mail asking whether I'm aware of the new rule and if I could ensure I comply with it as soon as possible. You do not deliver it in a verbal warning format at all, never ever.

What I have received has brought down my opinion of the forum management and of Mr Daveo in particular big time. (Actually, I found his rude e-mail in my spam folder, where it will remain for the time being).

My signature is now update, just minutes after I received such an unfair and unnecessary verbal warning, and it would have been changed at identical speed with a real friendly reminder. However the later, and considering my immaculate record in the forum since even before Mr Daveo belonged to it, first as Kanoasurf and when something happened after the big hack, as Kanoasurf2,  would have been a fair way to treat me.

And Mr Young, If where we put our system specs has become more important in this forum than the good manners, politeness and fairness when interacting with each other, please let me know.

Any way, your forum, your call... my opinion.

Kind regards

Kano

Intel i9-12900KF (no overclocked), MSI RTX 3090 Gamin Trio, 64GB XPG Lancer DDR5-5200, Asus ROG STRIX Z690-F Gaming, Seasonic Prime TX 1000w Titanium, Alphacool Eisbaer 280, Fractal Define 7 XL, LG 43UN700 4K

Our Moderators have been informed to provide you with "friendly reminders" if you forget to remove your system specs so we ask that you do this as soon as you can.

That's sounds fair enough to me :rolleyes:  

it certainly doesn't sound like this

A Verbal warning is simply pure enforcement which can never be consider friendly (regardless the inverted commas)

Oh,    didn't notice that,   sorry  :lol:

Any way, your forum, your call... my opinion.

Thanks for your cooperation.  I was providing friendly reminders by responding to an individual's post but many got upset as they do not like to be called out in front of other members.  I thought a friendly warning, using our warning system, would be a polite and private way of informing an individual of their violation.  We do not access warning points so it does not hurt your status here at AVSIM.  It also lets other moderators know you have already been warned.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

March 2014. That provides even more evidence that I am saying the truth when stating that in about 12 years as a member of this community (a lot more time than the other two members that have reply together) I just post in the PMDG forum, so how I would know. However that mistake gave you a brilliant opportunity to laugh at me and you didn't. I sincerely appreciate it and I apologize for my error.

Mr Young, although not entirely satisfactory, your reply is good enough, and together with Mr Allensworth's, no offence to others, are the only ones worth considering, thank you. From now on and keeping a low profile as I have been doing for almost 12 years, my respect for you both will continue to be intact, in fact it has increased. 

I am glad to see that you are still the kind of people I always thought you both were through all the posts I've read from you, and I am really pleased that you react in such a gentleman fashion to an opinion different than yours including an inaccuracy such as the one of the year pointed out. 

Considering the matter closed from my side

Kind regards

P.S.: I have moved Mr Daveo's e-mail from my spam e-mail. I thought you both and Mr Daveo himself might want to know.

Kano

Intel i9-12900KF (no overclocked), MSI RTX 3090 Gamin Trio, 64GB XPG Lancer DDR5-5200, Asus ROG STRIX Z690-F Gaming, Seasonic Prime TX 1000w Titanium, Alphacool Eisbaer 280, Fractal Define 7 XL, LG 43UN700 4K