Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Malaysian Flight 370

My heart goes out to all involved. This is truely the most mysterious aviation event in modern times. Out of 230+ people no one called home if there was a problem on the plane which flew far longer than first realized. In contrast passengers from the 9/11 flights called relatives. The captain was an avid simmer on his off time who loved aviation, truly bizzar to say the least...

• Upvote 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Yeah, I remember reading about this event first on Reddit, and one of the posts mentioned the captain's intensive interest in flight simming. http://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/1zur6k/malaysia_airlines_plane_loses_contact_malaysia/cfx9hrq

It's always a joy to hear that real life pilots enjoy simming in their offline lives, as too often I fear the overall pilot community and the general public as a whole see simming as a joke or simple game.

According to his Youtube account, he apparently owns the PMDG 777, it would be hard to argue that he wouldn't, and I'm sure he put in plenty of time practicing in his free time.  Professional simulator time is so expensive, so I am sure PMDG can tap this market for real life professionals.   FSX and the PMDG T7 can be especially valuable for long haul crew who spend most of their careers in cruise, I like to imagine that folks like the captain of this flight have an edge over their peers if they maintain their proficiency with constant practice at home with the same study quality addons we mere mortals enjoy. 

This incident is one of the biggest mysteries out there in recent memory, a puzzling event that has captured the interest of both aviation fanatics like ourselves and the world at large.   Very tragic.

Since the aircraft disappeared I've been following the news intensively, it's such a huge mystery, like AF447 but even weirder. So much speculation various aviation forums, yet so little real evidence.

Currently it would seem like the aircraft somehow ended up flying towards Indian Ocean. Whether this was result of a failure of some kind or an intentional action remains to be seen... It does raise some suspicions, after all we had the LAM flt 470 suicide case & Ethiopian airlines hijack, both within 5 months. But I hope there's nothing like that behind this. 

Tragic and sad in any case. 

The US Official has informed that the flight path was "intentionally" diverted from the planned routes. The search and rescue team is now considering the Indian Ocean. 

I live not far from Malaysia and I am very sure there are enough radars in Sumatera, let alone in Subang and KLIA. If the security officials, noticeably, Indonesian Air Force or Malaysian are proven to be ignorant, some people WILL get early retirements.  A humble RAF radar could spot stukas crossing the Channel 75 years ago! Boeing and Rolls Royce denied this yesterday, suddenly the US stated that MH370 was mysteriously diverted. 

Gorky Max

Here's a flight path that they think it may have taken...

http://airinfo.org/2014/03/14/disparition-du-vol-mh370-la-zone-de-recherche-etendue-a-locean-indien/

and here's the google translation...

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://airinfo.org/2014/03/14/disparition-du-vol-mh370-la-zone-de-recherche-etendue-a-locean-indien/&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://airinfo.org/2014/03/14/disparition-du-vol-mh370-la-zone-de-recherche-etendue-a-locean-indien/%26biw%3D1046%26bih%3D938

and here's a text description of a route in text format that mentions the waypoints they think it was following...

http://www.trust.org/item/20140314074853-wmctw

Pure speculation, I know, but it's easy to imagine that the plane could have headed to Iran.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

The map in that looks a lot like it came from Plan-G.

Center on VOCX and zoom in.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Pure speculation, I know, but it's easy to imagine that the plane could have headed to Iran.

To be honest I don't see a point why Iran would want to hijack a Malaysian 777.

Really I think the only country with crazy enough government to do something like that is North Korea, though even for them it's hard to find a motive. 

If this was a hijack I think this is most likely an action of an individual or possibly some terrorist group, any government involvement would seem highly unlikely. 

If the plane indeed got hijacked by someone (as it would seem) I tend to believe it ended up somewhere in middle of Indian Ocean. No idea why somebody would want to hide it like that though.

In my country here(Malaysia),MH370 is all over the newspapers or any media platform,they conjecture that the plane is hijacked by the pilots of MH370.

In my country here(Malaysia),MH370 is all over the newspapers or any media platform,they conjecture that the plane is hijacked by the pilots of MH370.

I find it hard to believe the pilots had anything to do with this situation especially the captain who had such a love for aviation that he had a very nice simulator setup in his home.

• Upvote 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

The two stolen passports holders are indeed iranian, but the chance of terrorism is slim. It is more related to trafficking. The pilots were the hijackers?? The captain has joined the flag carrier since 81, from his flight sim setup at home, doesn't look like a fundamentalist to me. The copilot was about to get married with an AirAsia female captain. Why would they ruin their dream lives?  exclude terrorism, especially involving the crews!? 

Iran and China share the same political view. And ..

http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v7/newsindex.php?id=1022076

Gorky Max

I find it hard to believe the pilots had anything to do with this situation especially the captain who had such a love for aviation that he had a very nice simulator set

Ya.It was part of their conjecture.I knew is hard to believe but at this time they just keep suppose every possibilities.The officials of my country is worse than you could think,even China getting mad about the Malaysian Officials because they keep telling different stories,from Malacca straits to Andaman Islands located in Indian Ocean.Which one is true?I think they are hiding something.

The two stolen passports holders are indeed iranian, but the chance of terrorism is slim. It is more related to trafficking. The pilots were the hijackers?? The captain has joined the flag carrier since 81, from his flight sim setup at home, doesn't look like a fundamentalist to me. The copilot was about to get married with an AirAsia female captain. Why would they ruin their dream lives?  exclude terrorism, especially involving the crews!? 

Iran and China share the same political view. And ..

http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v7/newsindex.php?id=1022076

My thoughts have gone all the way from a poison released on the plane to the pressurization system not being on to...dunno.  Lack of air makes people do strange, strange things.  Seems like someone was flying.  The question, assuming terrorism is what where they after?

• The plane for use?
  • Technology on the plane?
  • Cargo on the plane?
  • Passengers (including employees of a company that creates anti-radar technology...or cargo they had with them)?

If it was Iran, I might think that the captain might have asked for some extra fuel...it would be a haul...6 hours.  My only reasons for saying Iran was it looked along the path and our struggles with them. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Yeah, I really can't think of the captain as someone who would do such a thing based on the info we have so far, but of course you never know for sure, after all things aren't always as they look. 

I still wonder if some kind of a failure could have caused the crew & pax go unconscious after first turning the plane back towards Malaysia...

Definitely this is the most bizarre happening in modern aviation, whatever the cause is... I hope the wreckage will be found soon.   

Yeah, I really can't think of the captain as someone who would do such a thing based on the info we have so far, but of course you never know for sure, after all things aren't always as they look. 

I still wonder if some kind of a failure could have caused the crew & pax go unconscious after first turning the plane back towards Malaysia...

Definitely this is the most bizarre happening in modern aviation, whatever the cause is... I hope the wreckage will be found soon.   

Maybe they are still alive in...somewhere?So far no wreckage found.Already a week from now,12 countries helping SAR and none of those things are from MH370,This case is covered by mystery.

It could have been a viable theory provided they didn't change the original course.