Sign in to follow this  
SpoonerFLIGHT

CNN Mentions FSX used by Malaysian Cpt.

a few mins ago CNN talked about the Cpt. of Flight370 and his home PC contents, it was nice to hear but sad for what's going on with this mystery.

I just saw that clip.  The one "expert" said it's highly unusual for someone to have 3 computer monitors on their flight simulator setup like what the captain had.  Boy they're really digging deep on this one.  I use two monitors on mine...sure hope the FBI doesn't find out about it and come knocking on my door.

Chris Sunseri

This happened after 9/11 and because of it FS2002 almost didn't happen. Most are saying pilots use simulators at home so this is not uncommon. This was not the defence years ago so it's a testimate as to how far our hobby has come. A well known pilot even said what we have at our figure tips is highly advanced. A sim in the pilot's home only proves his passion for aviation and makes it highly unlikely he had anything to do with this.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I have a full set: Yoke, throttle, pedals, Saitek autopilot & switch panel. 

I've also got real Boeing 757 manuals to be used with QW 757, got those from Ebay. 

This must sound very suspicious to NSA, I bet they are watching me.  :ph34r:

Though I'm no pilot. 

CNN seems to be a bit slow, captain's FS hobby has been well known all the way from the start. 

I have on my PC installed - FSX, FS9, Condor, FlightGear 3 and Counter-Strike  :ph34r:

Now seriously, pilots are usually going to love everything about flying and they are using flighsims, rc planes, soaring and other flying activities in their days off. Nothing unusual here

I just saw that clip.  The one "expert" said it's highly unusual for someone to have 3 computer monitors on their flight simulator setup like what the captain had.  Boy they're really digging deep on this one.  I use two monitors on mine...sure hope the FBI doesn't find out about it and come knocking on my door.

Yep...they are digging deep...anything the media can do to keep the drama going and even create it if they have to.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Yes saw the clip last night and just though that's interesting he was a simmer.  But the media make everything seem more than it is.  There are 1,000s of us that have multi monitors, pedal, throttles, switch panel, trim wheels and yokes.

Just because he has more money than me he has a better setup but mine looks pretty robust, its a hobby for a pilot no big deal but I guess some folks don't understand us.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Sky News here suggesting experts are going to 'review' his flying activities in FSX to see if he did anything unusual...

Although I doubt that's possible on any level (perhaps with some 3rd party replay save utility or something). I just hope my flying activities in FSX are never reviewed, or else I'll never be allowed within 500nm of the Golden Gate Bridge...

Jordi Blumberg

I use multiple monitors.. 
I play shooters too..
And i showed a lot of interest in nuclear material on google and youtube lately..

Guess i'm doomed now..

Run as fast as you can Rob :lol:  CNN even commented that he had some sort of real weather program tied into his simulator.  ASN, OPUS, FSGRW....maybe they'll start chasing that angle?  After all, they did a great job of spelling Bowing Boeing:

ecfc43fd-077a-4b30-90e0-ed1d803b2aa6_zps

Chris Sunseri

Media is really a laugh with all those *I want my 10 minutes of fame* idiots calling themselfs *experts*

Media is really a laugh with all those *I want my 10 minutes of fame* idiots calling themselfs *experts*

I remember back in July when the Asiana 777 crashed in SFO, some of the stuff the media were saying was just too funny! It really annoys me that they don't research the facts before they read them out! 

It would be funny IF THEY didn't take it so seriously, we do these things as a hobby and often use the simulator for academic pursuits.

I recall practicing VOR Navigation and DED Reckoning in FS8/FS9 prior to flying solo for my ASEL.

NO pilot or wannabe pilot in his rational mind with all circuits working would even consider any deadly activity with an airplane...

(ok, Patty Wagstaff and other  Stunt pilots) but that's not what the media wishes to major on. :He He:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

The media has run out of anything to say so they're clutching at whatever straws they can...  it's the old guilt by association ploy.  Most folks (the vast majority of the population) don't have fancy home flight simulators, this real world pilot did, that makes him not 'most folks' so he must be a bit strange, he was pilot of the airplane that vanished, therefore he used FS to practice for his dastardly act.  It's called a 'strawman' - you set it up and beat the heck out of it.

DJ

I'm always amazed by these so called "experts" that come out from the woodwork whenever there is a crash or incident! The amount of rubbish they spout is incredible. Most of what they say is utter garbage tailored for gutter press.

The funniest one I heard from one of them was, maybe they were crashing and didn't send a mayday because they "didn't think it was worth it!".

Imagine that scenario, Hey were crashing, shall I send a mayday Captain? No I don't think we need to bother, It won't do us any good. Best to say nothing.

I get really annoyed with all the rubbish people have come out with at most crashes.

Cheers

Neil