Sign in to follow this  
SpoonerFLIGHT

CNN Mentions FSX used by Malaysian Cpt.

I wasn't serious...

You really need to show your sense of humor a little less subtlety. You could have had a mod coming down on your head for that. Take it from someone whose humor NO ONE understands, and is dryer than James Bond's Martini.

OMG Greta van sweatstain just reported his flight sim had landing strips in the Maldives, Diego Garcia & other islands......

So does mine....am I now suspect cuz I'm a pilot and a simmer?

Ooooooo Greta has sweatstains lol.  Not only does mine have the Maldives and DG, but it has about 23,998 others B) (as I'm sure does everybody elses!)

Chris Sunseri

Ooooooo Greta has sweatstains lol. Not only does mine have the Maldives and DG, but it has about 23,998 others B) (as I'm sure does everybody elses!)

That is what is so absurd about the news reporting of FSX and his sim.

The disappearance of MH370 is tragic, and the ever changing information coming out of the Malaysian authorities has not helped matters. But as far as how this will affect flight simulator enthusiasts? I believe that our hobby will endure, but I do worry that access to manuals and cockpit parts that hobbiests like to collect could come under greater scrutiny. I don't think it will happen but it is certainly in the back of my mind.

Long before this incident, I have always thought we are lucky to have access to the same charts used IRL, and that PMDG offers basically the exact same information in their training materials as found in the official Boeing manuals.   Of course, PMDG will not publish or simulate sensitive technology like the secure cockpit door mechanism, and we are not privy to the goings on under the flight deck, like the computer "room" where ACARS and other tracking systems can be manually disabled. 

Long before this incident, I have thought that it would be easy for terrorists to use MSFS for practice, but I seriously doubt that the authorities have any power to ban home simulation or to carve out certain parts of the hobby from public access, like charts.   The barn door is already open, the genie is out of the bottle so to speak, so there is no way they can reverse what we have at this stage. 

A sim in the pilot's home only proves his passion for aviation and makes it highly unlikely he had anything to do with this.

I'm thinking the same way, actually. On the other hand you'll never know what's going on inside the mind of another person. Even if you know someone for years. Just think about NASA astronaut Lisa Nowak to see how a person with a decent life and career can change mentally...

We are living in a world these days in which nothing seems impossible anymore.

On the other hand you'll never know what's going on inside the mind of another person.

Taking a look at the computer / sim is something that has to be looked at.  The hyperbole in the media is there to drive the public's insatiable appetite, but this aspect still needs to be investigated.

Now this:  

"Malaysia's defense minister said Wednesday that files were recently deleted from the home flight simulator belonging to the pilot aboard the missing Malaysian airliner, while a massive multinational search unfolded for the jet in the southern Indian Ocean."

"Hishammuddin Hussein told a news conference Wednesday that investigators are trying to retrieve the files. He also said that the pilot, Capt. Zaharie Ahmad Shah, is innocent until proven guilty of any wrongdoing."

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/03/19/search-for-missing-malaysian-jet-focuses-on-southern-indian-ocean/

So... will be interesting to see what files were deleted and if there is any relevance to the disappearance.

guys you all r scaring the sh@t out of me i have a multi monitor setup with throttle , yoke rudder pedals..and i dont allow any one to entre my room... will i be stricken as an intriguer .. what if my parents and maids smell a rat.. what if cid in my country finds out.. i even have a lighter in the shape of a gun..i love flying A320s and usually in real world major indian airliners own and fly a320 and i often fly in those.... aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... i am Innocent..

From the BBC reportage from KL:

The main Maldives airport is one of those featured in the flight simulator discovered at the home of the captain of flight MH370.

O'er, does this mean this Aerosoft scenery I bought now puts me under the radar? Just how ridiculous are the media getting? Anything to gain a newsline.

vc10man maaannnnn get the hell out of ur country.....i am off to taliban... lollllllllllllll

guys you all r scaring the sh@t out of me i have a multi monitor setup with throttle , yoke rudder pedals..and i dont allow any one to entre my room... will i be stricken as an intriguer .. what if my parents and maids smell a rat.. what if cid in my country finds out.. i even have a lighter in the shape of a gun..i love flying A320s and usually in real world major indian airliners own and fly a320 and i often fly in those.... aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... i am Innocent..

Oh Oh! you just made yourself a suspect! 

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d