Sign in to follow this  
Berlopez

Sound call_outs ?

Hello everyone, I discovered this plane today and installed it according to the intructions. I have FSUIPC 4.0 in my FSX\old installation in Windows 7 32 I found out this plane has callout in the sound folder, but mine do not sound; is it because i am using my version of FSUIPC and not the one that's provide in the package 4.1 or maybe because i didn't install as Adminitrator?The folder where this sound are is in my main FSX tree:I Fly 747-400

Please advice?

Berlopez

The sound is aliased to the B737_800. Only those sounds will play. There is a sound folder in the IFly folder in the main FSX folder but I cannot find any info on how they are to be used. Bob.

Yes I saw that too Bob, thanks for your reply, we are PM'img about this

Berlopez

There is no Sound.cfg or .ini that calls the sounds in that folder?

Berlopez

In my IFly folder in the main FSX folder there is a Sound folder with many .wav files but no .ini file. No matter what is in this folder unless it is called out in the IFly aircraft.cfg or panel.cfg they will not be used. Bob.

Decending alt.calls seem to be called by the iFly 747, but to me they are not clear,as if they were intervening with  call outs from other a/c..

Berlopez

There is a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9olnaG0F70

There is an IFly folder in the main FSX tree with a sound folder within it. There is no sound.cfg or sound.ini in the Sound folder. In the Fly airplane folder there is no way to play any of these sounds. Is there a way to play these sounds rather than the B737_800 default sounds? What is the sound.cfg and the sound.ini? Thanks, Bob.

Most sound play in the video, But still there is no .cfg or .ini file to be found

The B737_800 has a Sound.cfg,I ma sure you know this, but I din't know it gets called in the iFly 747? I have posted in their forum and sent them persdonal e-mails now three weeks ago have had no luck with a response. Maybe they moved to North korea?

berlopez

I have even looked at the FS9 version IFly747. They have the same thing. They alias the 737_400  sound. They also included all of the sounds in the package with no sound.cfg to play all of the other files.