Sign in to follow this  
FlavioSSA

RAAS pro.dll crash

Hello!

I´m having this message from sometime now popping up my FSX:

psmGb.jpg

What´s is this?

Don´t installed anything from sometime. The dll.xml appears to be ok and not corrupted as every module else loads perfectly.

What i have already tried:

- Installed the latest version of raaspro AXE again (1.2.1.36).

- Run FS with antivirus off (AVAST)

- My UAC is off by default.

- Reinstalled FSUIPC

The RAASpro i´m using is the Airbus Extended one. Already checked the "Troubleshotting" in FS2Crew page and none is my situation. If i put to not load raaspro, fsx loads perfectly. If i put to load it, fsx crashes. I noticed that other guys are facing the same problem with no clue untill now.

Please help. My system: Win7 64bits FSX Accel in a i7/8Gb + gtx570

Thanks

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

I had the same issue, yestarday. For me reason was failed internet connection, during that period I started FSX and experienced this failure. Once internet was restored FSX started without any issue.

Rado

Rado

i7 4770K@4,1Ghz HT on since release of MSFS
1080 Ti 11GB 
32GB DDR3 RAM
Samsung SSDs

Hello Bryan,

Answering your question, yes, RAASPro AXE always worked here, since AirbusXE release.

As stated by Rado above, connecting the dots, it started to me when i was without internet connection too. Last week, that happened in my home, about 2 hours with my DSL off due tecnical issues with my isp. That´s when i saw the message for the first time. But for some reason, the error stayed after the internet came back. Besides Rado above, i saw other two cases that is linked to internet loss with the message above in other people forum messages.

Maybe this is linked to internet loss? An online verification? I already tested my firewall (Disabled it) and the message continues. Is there a way to "reset" RAASPro?

Thanks for your quick help!

@Rado: Thanks for your feedback! It helped me to connect the dots.

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

RAAS only connects to the internet for a version check.

I just tried disconnecting my internet... RAAS worked fine for me with no internet.

I'll talk to my RAAS programmer...  maybe he has an idea.

When I hear of these reports, they almost always report that RAAS stopped working out of the blue.  That tells me something changed on your system.

What anti virus are you all using?

If it's the same one, that could suggest the anti virus program is quarantining a critical system file or something...

Bryan, my antivirus is AVAST (Paid version)

I completely disable it yesterday with the same results. Looked over the Avast quarantine list and there was no file there.

I must say that i checked for other failures in my FS or in Windows itself, searching for corrupt modules and even search the event viewer looking for failures, but didn´t find any besides a STEAM stop working 2 weeks ago.

Some guys at Aerosoft forum said that they saw this too when thy had internet failure. I had a suggestion to run the Flight1 registry tool. I´ll try that.

Aerosoft topic i created: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/79751-raas-prodll-crash/

Will keep looking.

In the meantime, any sggestion would be mutch appreciated.

Thanks.

We did some research and discovered it *may* be an annoying Simconnect bug.

Thing to note is there are tens of thousands of RAAS's out there because all 777 and Aerosoft Airbus users have it, and crashes like this are reported very, very rarely.

Read what the mighty Pete Dowson has to say:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/68382-fsx-fails-to-run-after-fsuipc4-first-installed/

Basically the solution is to just keep clicking "yes" until it eventually works.

Bryan, you just solved the problem! Just tried the solution and it worked in the 3th try. After that the message was gone.

Pete Dawson topic is old (2011). Interesting that old issues come back to haunt us. I never saw this error before. It´s my first time.

Now, i´ll pass this info for t he other guys having this problem and see if it helps them. It certainly helped me.

Thanks my friend! Your help is mutch appreciated, This case is closed!